satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
LNB = 0mA which means no current flow to LNB.
Seems to be a power issue there.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As satelliteman says, the LNB is drawing no current, so satellite won't show any signal. Either the meter isn't supplying the voltage, or perhaps the F barrel connector is damaged. Try the meter on your Terrestrial setup and see if it gets a signal.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Will do, thanks for the tip.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Hi. Plugged it in to my tv aerial today and it works. See video. So tv works satellite doesn't. What do you think is faulty? Is it repairable?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, it does appear to show something happening on terrestrial, although what's shown in the video was very short. What I saw was a barscan and extremely low levels.

Back to the satellite, it may well be a meter power fault. Line power isn't required in terrestrial mode unless you are testing the meter powering a Mha - mast head amplifier.

Get yourself an LNB and a short coax extension. Plug into the meter and select a sat plan; any plan. If you have no LNb line power current flow and you are sure the fly lead and connections are ok, return the meter faulty.