Setting up a Motor what angle elevation to set to?

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
davie said:
Can someone please help me?
Davie.
I am in the same situation as you davie, I have been on heavens-above and my location I think is 53.5900N, 2.2950W Bury Manchsester so How do I find out what angle elevation to set to?? very confusing

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is this an H-H motor like either of these?

H

Happy-Buddah

In two of the motor handbooks that I have they indicate that if latitude is 53* then elevation is 37*.
Whereas the Rotor Sat HH100-HH120 handbook indicates the elevation of the motor is set to your latitude.

H-B

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
its a small pic but mine looks like the second motor.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
i shall try 37 thanx... I have my dish on a pole in the back garden and if i face astra 2 i get 10 % signal if i turn the dish 360 deg it doesn't alter.

I have tried the dish in my sky digibox and i get the same outcome no signal is the lnb dead? is there a way i can test it ?
my echostar works fine with my minidish in so both receivers work.

georgia_grrl

Reaction score
i had a nightmare with following the manual for my motor, i recommend you set the motor to whatever the manual states, then move the dish up and down till you get a signal, then see if you can find anything else (it worked for me)

vinny048

Reaction score
mrminibus said:
i shall try 37 thanx... I have my dish on a pole in the back garden and if i face astra 2 i get 10 % signal if i turn the dish 360 deg it doesn't alter.

I have tried the dish in my sky digibox and i get the same outcome no signal is the lnb dead? is there a way i can test it ?
my echostar works fine with my minidish in so both receivers work.

What is the make of your motor?

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
georgia_grrl said:
i had a nightmare with following the manual for my motor, i recommend you set the motor to whatever the manual states, then move the dish up and down till you get a signal, then see if you can find anything else (it worked for me)
I would love to but i bought it from ebay and i have no manual has anyone got one they can scan and send me via email? (please) :)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
vinny048 said:
What is the make of your motor?
Geotrak sg99 gold silent H-H like the one on the right in the picture above.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Has anyone got the instructions to set up this motor direct into a receiver (echostar AD3000IP) or know of a link where i can view them??
(pretty please)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved your post into this thread, please try and keep it together, otherwise it gets very messy.

You say that your motor is a 99, but indicate that it looks like the right hand picture, that one is a 128. Does the dish mount onto an armature, or does the motor bolt straight onto the back of the dish?

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
rolfw said:
Moved your post into this thread, please try and keep it together, otherwise it gets very messy.

You say that your motor is a 99, but indicate that it looks like the right hand picture, that one is a 128. Does the dish mount onto an armature, or does the motor bolt straight onto the back of the dish?
it bolts onto an arm i tried to email u a pic but its not allowed is there a way i can show u the pic?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
mrminibus said:
is there a way i can show u the pic?

Use the attachment option at the bottom of the Reply form...

Manage attachments then point to the file (best if you use a jpeg) and upload it here.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Happy-Buddah said:
HI

Is this the one?
H-B
Oh gawd he's done a runner!;)
surelooks like it.
I think i have managed to send the pic as an attacthment have a look im doing it today so any instructions from the setup of the motor manual would be welcome thanx...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I seem to remember that the instructions for the motor have a cut out template to indicate the elevation angle, well at least on the DiseqC version they do.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
rolfw said:
I seem to remember that the instructions for the motor have a cut out template to indicate the elevation angle, well at least on the DiseqC version they do.
My problem really is, if i say the angle is 37 deg, with the dish/motor being already used the motor has turned round to a satellite then powered down and sent to me so what angle do i set the motor to is it 0 deg ??then bolt the dish to it facing and i am only quoting what i have been informed facing thor ??and then use the software of the receiver to locate the other sats?,
Is that clear enough to understand? cos its confusing me and i know what i mean lol.(laughing out loud)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, set the motor to zero degrees, then bolt on the dish facing perfectly straight and find 1W by moving the motor on the mast and the dish elevation.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
so I set the motor to 0* bolt the dish on facing straight so when the motor is powered it can move 90* in either direction, im running it through an echostar ad3000ip so once I have completed the above the rest ie the lining up of the dish to 1* west is done via the remote control and the receiver is that right?
ps thanx for taking the time to help a novice :)