Sky card de-activation

junger

Reaction score
sorry, forgot to mention that one of the affected boxes recives the vault on a single feed installation

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You cannot run more than one box off a single feed from an LNB, a twin LNB will run two receivers, a quad four and a quattro fed into a multiswitch, as many as the switch has outputs.

junger

Reaction score
Thanks Rolf
The installation has worked for the past 2 years and is as follows.

I dish
2 lnbs
LNB' s seperately amplified (due to the long rg58 cable run)
2 feeds Into a phillips unit labeled as Vertical & Horizontal (with seperate gain controls)
6 feeds out of the phillips unit to 6 sat boxes.
each sat box has a 2meg rf separation.

Does that ring any bells?

junger

Reaction score
sorry-should have said 2 rf channel separation (ie 24, 26, 28) etc:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, it can't work properly, as there are more than two states to the LNB, as well as vertical and Horizontal, there is low and high band, and the LNB cannot feed both at the same time, so if you want to watch a channel in low band (below 11700), and one in high band, the LNB will switch to high band and you won't receive the low band channel.

junger

Reaction score
cheers Rolf
That makes sense, so I turn all receivers off whilst i do the test on one box, is that right

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, if they are non Sky digiboxes, if they are digiboxes, they default to high band vertical when in standby, so you need to either disconnect or power off at mains.

junger

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Yes, if they are non Sky digiboxes, if they are digiboxes, they default to high band vertical when in standby, so you need to either disconnect or power off at mains.

Rolf
They are all sky digiboxes, does the same theory apply?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Try it and see. :)

junger

Reaction score
Thanks Rolf
ok. I'll let you know when i,ve tested it

junger

Reaction score
Found the problem. It was as you said, it was not a universal lnb but 2 output fixed h & v highband. fitted lowband and got 3 free music channels but lost the lisings and sky news which i assume to be highband.
thanks for all your help