Sky Digital, What is your opinion?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The apple stuffed goose sounds good Nickolai, must give it a try.

With regard to the Sky question, if you're a Sci-Fi buff (and adult), Sky offer a lot more English language Sci-Fi than any other provider and probably a lot more Sci-Fi full stop.

A lot of the comparisons people are making with their current viewing on European services, includes the PPV element, if you take that away, the packages there are not even close.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Testing to see if I can see this post.

Jimbo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Yep I can but not the earlier ones over the last couple of days.

Jimbo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Are you sure that they're not the poll update phantoms, it will often appear like a missing post, but it is only a new vote on the poll.

I may have to disable this feature as it does cause some confusion.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
It may well be a new vote but I thought I saw the same name appearing more than once without a text post. Don't say there's vote rigging going on LOL.

Jimbo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No.....Perish the thought. :)

It will just show the last person to post and update their post time, not ideal, but once you know what its doing its not too bad.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK Guys, this poll is a year old, but still relevant, if you haven't voted and are in the UK, an ex-patriate watching abroad, or a non-Brit watching here or abroad, give us your views. :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I suppose I could have voted for at least 3 of the other categories but eventually plumped for I don't have it, but I would get it if it were hacked .

PaulR

BTW, beautiful use of the subjunctive tense there.

peter in the bus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
KENT
It is possible to get FULL sky package for £15/month (or £10/month if you buy a Skyplus box), if you have friends or neighbours that are willing to take out a 2nd subscription. Worth a thought................

russquk

Reaction score
well between my motorised system and freeview i get 99% of the things i want, the only thing i need sky for is the cricket,mainly the current england v west indies tour and the english 1 day league in the summer,if these are available elsewhere let me know!

russquk

Reaction score
and my little one has to watch winnie the pooh in french as im not paying the extra for the sky disney pakage lol.

BOBSKI

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Gothenburg,SWEDEN
Hi
I live in Sweden
I have sky mainly for rugby + men+motors+fishing and building work on D/home liesure.
I also have viasat full package(paid for)+ another reciever with gold card.
Viasats films are far superior not only on TV1000,Cinema etc but also on TV3(den,swe, etc, and sport is good too,but no rugby.
I also have a boxer unit(digital terrestrial) downstairs with Can+ film chanels etc which are not as good as viasats choice.

All in all if I want to see rugby I must have a sky sports package, no other choice.
But if it were not for rugby I would not pay the money for most of the other continual repeats on various channels...

TROTT

Reaction score
I Think It Change The Way We Watch Telly So Much Choice And The Interactive Is Good . Year Its Dear But That Is The World We Live In

CB65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+ USB, 70CM Motorised dish, XCAM, Infinity USB Pheonix
Panasonic Freeview
My Location
Dorset England
I've had it in the past although not for a while now, a big pull was the cricket. But I'm in the 7% bracket and proposing to look elsewhere. I've got the Freeview up and running, now I plan to get a satellite (Astra+Hotbird) set up to go with it.

kevin.harding

Reaction score
I've always thought it a load of garbage until I moved abroad. I still wouldn't pay a sky package, but £500 to get a 2.1m dish fitted and over 2 years I get all the ftv channels at about 20 quid a month.

povah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
blackpool lancashire
I used to have SKY ANALOGUE when that was around but the subs kept going up in price but once it broke the £30 limit then i left SKY. By then SKY were turning off the analogue service and making people pay more for DIGITAL. I would only return to SKY if i could pick the channels i want and not the time shift channels in the package.

muttley4939

Reaction score
Perhaps another catagory.... I had it but unsubscribed due to cost/endless repeats.

Muttley

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i had the full sky world package but since i have my manhattanMX and motorised system,we've cut back to the family pack on sky.ukgold etc,the only reason i have it is for itv.the channels on viasat are much better and they are FREE!!!!!

TWAG