Streaming Dreambox over the net?

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Guys
This is interesting.

So in theory if I'm in say Australia with my laptop I can access my 7000S in the UK and access Web-XTV page and create timer recordings on my 7000S and then FTP to the 7000S and donwload to my laptop in Oz the recorded files. Jeez, not sure if that makes any sense!!!

Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track cos this is something I will definitely do. Just I need to port forward 21 for my FTP. What port forward for the Web-XTV do i need to do?

Cheers guys

Slayter

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Omg this is interesting....

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yup, without trying it, I am fairly certain that is all easily done. You will need to forward 21 and 80 to your dreambox. That will allow you to access the web interface, and do some recording. 21 Will give you the FTP access. Only thing you need to remember is that when you're downloading the files off the dreambox, you will be limited by the upload speed of your dreamboxes internet connection, so you wont get much more than 30KB/s if you're on standard ADSL.

Also, have played about alot more with the transcoding. I found Ruperte that some of your settings weren't quite optimal when a mate of mine was viewing my stream over the net. WMV2 seems the best codec, definitely less blocky that divx. I managed to run 142 video, 64 mp3 sound streams, lowered the res down, and he got smooth playback with excellent quality. I also tested it myself by connecting to myself with WMP. Once I automate, sorted!

And also, I have ADSL2 on preorder, hopefully have it Jan or Feb. Then my upload with quadruple, imagine the streams I can pump out then!

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
I'm so interested in this area and also so unexperienced. Looks like I need to buy myself a brick wall for banging ones head against LOL

I have managed to operate my Dreambox 7000S from work and can log in to the web browser fine (so can record and download from the web-page) but am totally lost on the web-streaming. I'm using an imac so running Mac OS X (tiger)

I have a sister living in NZ who misses British TV like you wouldn't believe hence why I owuld love to get this working.

Anybody offer a total novice any tips using the mac platform. Or any links to read.

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
VLC runs on MAC OS X, that is all you need really to do the transcoding and streaming. On your MAC OS X you must have an equivalent of Windows Media Player, or you can use VLC itself to watch the stream.

First figure out how to watch a stream from your Dreambox directly using VLC. Put it on the channel you wanna watch, goto the DB web interface, and click on Stream Info. What you're looking for is the PMT, VPID, APID, and PCRPID. You want the first values of each of these.

Then goto VLC, File, Open Network Stream, under HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMSH put in the details. They should be in the format http://dreamboxip:31339/0,PMT,VPID,APID,PCRPID Hit ok and you should be viewing your stream for your box. Once you change channel, you will lose the stream and you will have to go back to the Stream Info to get the details again (am currently trying to automate this). An example of what you would put in is http://192.168.0.24:31339/0,0x101,0x203,0x283,0x1ffe E.G. In the Stream Info the VPID for Sky Sports 1 is 0203h, which you change to 0x203, basically dropping the last value whatever it is, and putting a 0x in front. Don't ask me why, don't know, but it works! Some ppl have success of bypassing this step and clicking on VLC link in the web interface and it autoamatically imports all these values for you, but it never works for me.

Anyway, once this is working, to setup up the streaming for someone else over the net to watch, it really is a matter of a few clicks in VLC. I can list the settings and what you'll wanna click on if you want, or you can just fiddle with it. You can test your own stream when broadcasting by simply connecting to yourself. I.e. open windows media player or equivalent and goto mms://127.0.0.1:'port' Anymore questions, just say, but remember this is severly limited by your upload bandwidth, so unless you're on some super connection, you're sister wont be seeing ana amazing pic, watchable I guess.

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Cheers m8 - i will have a play and let you know ho i go.

By the way, did you sort out your switch/loss of picture problem?

Slayter

oricko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA
DB500S WIN-XP-PRO
My Location
Canada
I guess that I am along ways off from what you guys are doing since i can not even stream to my own desktop
win xp pro
nitro image
have mounted drive
can send messages to db500 and even capture screen shot to pc
just cannot stream video

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
Nice script there however i had a problem with links handling the htaccess so i coded this little perl script for those who have similar problems to me

#!/usr/bin/perl

use LWP::UserAgent;

my $URL = 'http://root:password@dreamboxip/video.m3u';

$ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
$req = new HTTP::Request 'GET' => "$URL";
$res = $ua->request($req);

if ($res->is_success) {
print ($res->content);
} else {
print "Error: " . $res->code . " " . $res->message;
}

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
ruperts script isnt working for me, i get this error on my debian box,
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 12, expected 0)

and nothing appears on vlc, the script doesnt die however, i was thinking perhaps i have to install a set of codecs for divx/mp3 etc? unless they are in base

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
hmm it seems whjat yazoo said about putting 0x infront works, so i modified my get.pl script. here it is and fully working with ruperts bash script :)

#!/usr/bin/perl

use LWP::UserAgent;

my $URL = 'http://root:password@192.168.2.9/video.m3u';
#print "Fetching $URL ...\n";

$ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
$req = new HTTP::Request 'GET' => "$URL";
$res = $ua->request($req);

if ($res->is_success) {

my $output = $res->content;
$output =~ s[,0][,0x]g;
print $output;
} else {
print "Error: " . $res->code . " " . $res->message;
}

just replace the ip and password and it fully works

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
Here is a lil tool i coded just so you can watch dreambox streams on your pc, i only tested with gemini image.

It uses media player classic, all is explained in config file. So far every channel i have tried works

_http://el.cx/daftgrab.rar

footylad

Reaction score
Website
zonedhost.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
3X DM800, 1X DM7020, 1.2Meter Gibi + Jaeger 1224 H-H Motor, 80CM Fixed Dish, TV Ports in every room - ZonedHost.com Administrator
My Location
U.K.
doesn't seem to work

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
Did you edit the .conf, with path to media player classic and things? It definatly works :)

footylad

Reaction score
Website
zonedhost.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
3X DM800, 1X DM7020, 1.2Meter Gibi + Jaeger 1224 H-H Motor, 80CM Fixed Dish, TV Ports in every room - ZonedHost.com Administrator
My Location
U.K.
lol is the .exe supost to be a comand box rather than a program and if so i will have to edit the stuff

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
the .exe is a program which runs in a console mode, i.e. no gui.

dazlad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020S +1.2M MOTORISED
My Location
MIDLANDS
hi mate ive edited the config file as you said and when i run the program iget a dos box that says "loading stream" then media player classic comes up and it just says "opening" what could cause this??

thanx:-doh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just been trying this, opens the mplayer classic, but then sticks on loading stream and opening, I don't normally need a password to accessthe data stream, below is what I have edited to.

#daftgrab v0.1

#password of your dreambox
$password = 'root:dreambox';

#ip address of dreambox
$address = '192.168.0.24';

#path to media player classic
$mplayerc = 'C:\mplayerc.exe';

Having said that I'm not using Gemini, but thought I'd give it a try anyway. :)

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
rolfw, your config is wrong change

$password = 'root:dreambox';

to

$password = 'dreambox';

and it should work fine :)

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
here is a package for those who are having problems, just edit the password line and it shud work perfect

_http://el.cx/daftgrab-incl_mpc.rar

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hey Punk, this one looks like a very intersting and good subject. If everything is working, do you think you can sort out a clean manual for the idiot guide? What you say? Eh? Eh?? Go on!