Did you try the cable route?

Slayter

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Been having a lazy weekend, so not bothered yet, although the problem is still here and very annoying. Am waiting for a new Gemini release on the 7020, will give that a bash. After that, if still getting issues, it will have to be back on the roof to try some of the cabling and that.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Sorry for some more blatant thread keeping alive tactics, but this is a serious issue for me, and I just cant believe some you 'oldies' might not have a trick or two up your sleeve, or perhaps some wise experience or suggestions for me! If it was just for me this wouldn't be a problem, but I am getting serious ear ache when ITV suddenly disappears during coronation street or something! Any help would be appreciated to a great extent, and I wont say here what I'll do in return but you never know!! ;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If you want temporary relief from earache try olive oil or, better still, switch to terrestrial tv.:) Nurse!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Lol..funny! I wish I could find it that amusing, but if you read all my posts, I know, boring, but it is not just the ITV channels, its channels on both dishes that die, when this random problem happens. I dont wanna plug the aerial back in to get ITV, as it wont solve the problem, plus the reception wont be that great. The problem is a degradation in signal across both dishes, all feeds, in some cases it is enought to lose lock on the transponder, so I lose channels, in other cases, reducing picture quality...So any bright ideas why this may be happening? Before you suggest faulty equpiment, bear in mind my setup and the fact that it happens at the same time on all boxes!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like it could be radio interference of some sort, do you have a CBer or Amateur Radio enthusiast nearby? Look at this site, make a list of the IFs of the missing channels (broadcast frequeny minus the Local oscillator frequency) and then see if there is any trend. http://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/rf_freq_allo_euro.htm

If you run a cable direct from the LNB to the receiver, does it solve the problem?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Interisting point, but I've had SKY for years, and never had a problem, I only just added this dish, and basically kept the SKY setup, and even made use of the exisitng wires running through the house. A little too coincidental that just the time I fit a new dish, boxes etc that somebody nearby is firing up a broadcasting station!! But I will check it out all the same.

I am going to removing one of the outputs on the switches and plug it straight into a LNB, probably on the SKY and see how well it copes. Once my Digi camera is back from the repairers I'll take some pics of the setup, see if there is something obvious I'm doing wrong you might notice.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Right back to this, just in case any of you thought it was solved for me, it most definitely isn't. Something strange though. The main channel of problem is ITV, when this isn't working, so does about 30% of my other channels across 4 feeds as mentioned before. Anyway, when I leave one of my boxes on ITV, eventually it will clear, signal strength will miraculously come back and the same is for the other channels. When this happens on one box, it will also be the case for the others. Anyone understand why my boxes act like they're haunted?!?!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it still sounds like an outside influence, if you take the switch and second dish out of the frame, is your original Sky setup OK with the affected channels?

Have you bought a DECT phone recently?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
DECT phone...hmmm where did that one come from! I bought one probably just before the dreamboxes...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yup it seems when one particular box is left on ITV, all works perfectly on the other boxes as well. Understand this I most definitely do not!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
robotsx1 said:
hello everyone do any of you know if real madrid tv in english will broadcast all realmadrid matches live or not?

You could try and putting this in the proper area, then you might an answer.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
yazooo said:
Right, I don't know if this a problem with my Dreambox, but decided it could be so posting it in this section.

My setup is on dish with my 13, 16 and 19E feeds, tied into three 4 x 1 Diseqc switches with a feed from my sky minidish all going into my 3 Dreamboxes.

Specifically am having a problem with some of the sky channels but it might not be an exclusive problem, i.e. it may have happened on some of the other feeds. For instance, right now, ITV is not working, saying service could not be found. It has no lock on the transponder, SNR at 52%, when it usually is around 80 something. Sky movies 1 - 3 also not working. It is the same on all my boxes. Have not changed the setup, the channels seem to come back at a random time. The dish has hardly been touched, in terms of alignment, it hasn't been moved. The quad LNB that was on there was a little lose, and slipping out of the holder, but now that is secured.

So if nothin is moving on the dish side, how can the signal drop like this only to return full strenth later?

Only seen the end of this Yazoo, so decided to read the 1st one. Are you sure you are on 28e and not 26e as sometimes you get a lock on 26e for a 28e transponder.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
yazooo said:
Another problem I'm getting is freezing, blocking picturers, jumping that sort of thing. On some channels with 87% SNR, strong, with no error rates. How is that possible? A few niggles to my new system which isa ruining all the fun!

Are all of the FTA channels OK?

Have you tried disconnecting the DECT?

GAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox2 with SC8in1, Nokia 9600 with Freecam, Nokia 9500 with Amon Cam (with Xtal mod), and Manhattan 6900
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Yazooo,

Excuse me for being a Johnny Come-Lately to this thread, but I had a similar problem with my Dbox2 (not the same box I know, but still similar enough) which might help you if I explain what I did to solve it. My most noticable problem was also with the ITV channels on 28E, but I had the same thing with the Multivision channels on Hotbird. Sometimes they would work fine, sometimes they wouldn't work at all. I thought long and hard about it, and realized that I had only really noticed the problem after I had fitted a new Sharp 0.3 LNB. My problem was caused by my box not liking the new LNB's High/Low offset frequencies (10600 and 9750). What I did was add these lines to the end of my zapit.conf file, which then forced my box to use these LNB offsets:

lnb0_OffsetHigh=10602000
lnb0_OffsetLow=9752000

I also struggled to find the answer to my problem, and I thought about getting a new receiver, but those added lines did solve my problem 100%.

It might be worth a try, bearing in mind that the tuner in the Dreambox is as good as the Dbox2 (i.e. crap). Not sure where your zapit.conf file would be (if the Dreambox has one, but if not it must have something like it) but mine resides in /tuxbox/config/zapit. I'm not saying that you have to use the values that I used (maybe you'll have to subtract 1 or 2 instead of adding), but maybe play around with it until you get a result.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
GAH
ps. After adding those lines, and sending the new zapit.conf file to the box, I had to unplug the box from the mains, and then plug it back in. Just switching off/on from the remote wasn't enough, as the zapit.conf file just went back to its default values.

pps. Forgot to say that none of my other receivers was affected by the problem at all, even though they all used the same LNB !

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
:-smallmamjohn - had a sky mini dish for years and has always worked fine up until now, so unless its somehow got knocked, i dont think that can be the problem.

:-smallmamrolfw - the FTA channels are mainly ok from what I can see. I will try turning off the DECT phones, see what that does. cheers.

:-smallmamGAH - got a bit excited when I read your post, someone who seems to have the same problem as me, but then I realised you fitted a new LNB. am assuming you're on a motorised dish, which you use to get hotbird and astra 28e. the difference with me is while i also have 0.3 lnbs on my fixed dish pulling in 13, 16 and 19.2, my 28 e comes from my old sky mini dish which hasn't been fiddled with, it has given many years of good years while using the old sky boxes. i simply have tied all the feeds into some diseqc switches to use in three dreamboxes around the house, so as the problem is on 28e and other feeds, i dont see how that can be it?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'm wondering whether this is a Dreambox emulator problem yazooo, I presume that you are using CS between the Dreamboxes?

GAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox2 with SC8in1, Nokia 9600 with Freecam, Nokia 9500 with Amon Cam (with Xtal mod), and Manhattan 6900
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Yazooo,

I know my problem stemmed from me changing my LNB, but it only caused a problem for my DBox2. All my other receivers worked perfectly, and you said "it has given many years of good service while using the old sky boxes". Have you had the problem since day one (i.e. when you connected the minidish to your Dreambox ?

I would try my solution mate. What have you got to lose ?

Regards,
GAH

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
rolfw : am using CS between the boxes. the server box is effected equally as the client boxes. as i mentioned, when i stick a particular client box on ITV, it decodes that channel and all channels on all boxes then work. you see when ITV aint working, so does say digit alb on 16 e not work either. have used different emulators, and nds in a dragon cam, but the problem remains.

gah : i willl definitely try out you're suggestion, am pulling my hair out here, so anything suggested is most welcome!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Does anybody know if there is an equivalent config for the Dreambox as mentioned in the proposed solution above by gah? He edited his zapit.conf file in the Dbox2 and been looking for something similar in my DB7020?