Temporary loss of signal problem...

GAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox2 with SC8in1, Nokia 9600 with Freecam, Nokia 9500 with Amon Cam (with Xtal mod), and Manhattan 6900
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Yazooo,

If it helps any (to identify a similar file), my zapit.conf file looks like this:

diseqcRepeats=0
diseqcType=0
lastChannelTV=2045
lastSatellitePosition=192
lnb0_OffsetHigh=10602000
lnb0_OffsetLow=9752000

My file resides in \var\tuxbox\config\zapit

Regards,
GAH

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Yazooo, mate....i have the same problem.

heres the setup Triax dish, Dreambox 7000s....BUT!!!!

i pulled the coax out of the DB and put it into my Sky Digibox (presently subscribed to the family pack) and it still does it???? on ALL channels but seems worse on UKTV and gold channels for some reason
on extreme TV i have to click up and then down a channel several times befor i get a picture sometimes??? otherwise i get NO SIGNAL....ummmmm

i have changed absolutley nothing!?! and its doing my head in.

it rendered my viewing to zero the other night so i went to bed early... then couldnt sleep cos i was peed off :(

on top of the glitching and jumping audio, somtimes the sound goes off altogether??

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
I would like to echoe Rolfw´s Dec phone and add bluetooth to the list

Had a similar problem (also 7020s) removed everytrace of my bluetooth programs and presto, back to normal

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
err i have found out what was wrong :(

my sly box is fecked!!!! it works ok, but it started doing strange things

1, audio jumping
switched off the sly box and used dreambox to fine tune the position of the dish on 28.2 in motor setup... got a better signal... made things a bit better but not 100%

2, the sly box switched itself off a couple of times....wierd

3, on the sly TV guide, some of the text is all wierd and unreadable

looked it up on the net, it seems the The Electrolytic capacitors on the power circuit board have blown... apparently a common fault on Grundig sly boxes.

owing to the fact that i got this box myself cos sky never supplied one (long story) i am stuffed :(
i never did get my dreambox to work with my sky card... tried and tried and failed :( i wish id tried harder now.

ahhh such is life...... right wheres that HAMMER!!!!!!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I tried switching my DECT phones off, didn't seem to make a difference. Also, I switched off the two wireless bridge adapaters I use with two of my dreamboxes, no difference. I have the odd bit of bluetooth going, but that is never on all the time. Erm, I dont think there is anything else I can think of.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Did you take the batteries out of the handsets and disconnect the power to the base station? Also, do you have a near neighbour who may have one?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yup, turned off base, removed batt out of handsets. As for the neighbours I dont know. Gonna be strange to ask, and even if it were their handsets, what could I do about it!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know, but you would at least find out what the problem is.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Well I finally got on the roof, had a fiddle, and although not being fixed, have learnt a little more. Right, well, I start playing with the wires to my 3 diseqc switches, and eventually noticed, that if one box is plugged into one switch, while the outputs to the 2 others are removed, that box will work on all channels, regardless of the box or whatever. Whenever I introduce a connection to an ouput on either of the two remaining diseqc switches, the problem of loss of singal across transponders arises. Which results in losing lock on transponders on feeds throught the 4 inputs on each of the switches. Again, the trick of sticking a particular box on say ITV seems to resolve the issue. That box will decode ITV say fine, and then all other boxes will suddenly see an increase in signal strength across the board and viewing is fine?

This sound at all familiar to anyone, any suggestions? I think this has ruled out any wirless interference.

-RTFM-

DB Reader
Reaction score
My Location
Gloucestershire
I have had a 7000 for about a year working fine with a hydra image ( SNR 80+% on 28E - 30W). Had a couple of days holiday recently and decided to upgrade my box, I'm now using gemini 2.20 and having problems very similar to yours yaz. Its so frustrating that the problem is intermittant. I have made no physical changes at all to my setup, only software...

dmrel109 in flash(also installs fsp 1.05).
gemini 2.20 in usb.
upgraded settings with dreamboxedit2.85

I have stopped using gotox for positioning the dish and peeked, tweeked and stored each bird I commonly use. From time to time there's still a drop in signal from 84% to 52% - 64%, while other transponders on the same bird seem unaffected. After a bit of channel zapping or maybe a reboot or three all is well again. Interference...maybe.

I do still love the dreambox though. I'll let you know if I get to the bottom of it.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
So does anyone know anything about these 4 x 4 multiswitches...I think I am about to lose my mind...! If I hear one more time 'Coronation street aint working...' I am liable to shoot someone...so to save my family members I need to sort this...Totally starting to ruin my dbox experience!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Also, one way I thought would confirm it was the switch was to adjust my settings on one box so for it to access one lnb only. While channels on 16e weren't working, I changed from the 4 way diseqc to single satellite option as my 16e feed is the first connection to all the switches, however, it made no difference and the signal strength was still at a level where no lock could be received...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Have put one box straight into my 28.2 feed and it seems unaffected by the problem making me more certain it is the diseqc switches. Does anyone know of an alternative, or maybe will the 1.1 version of the switch help? Any good places to find those, have googled it, but not many finds in the uk.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Well I finally got to trying some other Diseqc switches. The new ones are some Digital Telecom DT-2000 Diseqc 2.0 4 x 1 switches. Fitted them, mixed results. The signal loss problem is pretty much gone, however, only LNB 2 and LNB 3 inputs work, no matter what is connected on each of the new switches, so I'm currently using 2 of the new switches and 1 of the old, so one of my receivers is getting access to all of my 4 feeds, while the other 2 can only access 28e and 13e. The receiver on the old switch, which still has access to all feeds still seems to suffer from some signal loss problem which is annoying, but overall its an improvement.

Well I guess I cant get much more proof what my problem is. I didn't know there was so much perfomance discrepancy between switches. I have 3 of another brand of diseqc switches on the way, so see how they go. I will buy all types out there til I find some that work god damn it!!!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Well it seems these new switches do work, I now all three of the new ones in, and 13e, 19e and 28e all work flawlessly. Having a few issues with 16e, it seems when that is aligned, I lose some transponders on 13e, which would be ok, but I lose ART! Nothing else, just ART...Annoying, I'll fiddle with location of the LNBs later, but essentially problem solved, it was the Diseqc switches all along.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Interesting yazooo, wouldn't have suspected them as being the cause, but will from now on. :)