The Optimistic Spring/Summer 2014 Thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Worthwhile exercise: Rears tyres are getting close to end of life, so I've swopped them with the nearly new ones from my own car.

Such are the benefits oh having hers and his Puntos!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Found my Driver's side rear brake seized, so took an extra half-hour or so freeing that up.

Both SWMBO and I follow IAM/Police Roadcraft techniques so the brakes rarely get used at all: As rears drums are lightly used anyway, compared to the front discs, they just don't get much exercise.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
It has not stopped raining at all today. Me and the better half have the day off tomorrow,we're hoping to get out with a bit of luck.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Been a sunny & warm day all day today bar a few short spells of light cloud, infact its only just clouding over, didn't do as much moving of stuff as expected so managed to make the most of the sun by sitting out in it... :D

Although I'm now itchy as hell cos my allergy to the big glowy thing flared up despite taking my horsepill antihistamines... :rolleyes:

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
Its stopped here in the last hour, just that really high grey cloud,at least its not too cold.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its been nice here today - Whilst OH planted her leeks this evening I strimmed a an unused allottment to keep the weeds down on it. Despite the grass being knee deep in places it was reasonably dry even after the rain yesterday.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Here we go again-persistent rain,100% grey cloud cover, even the cats depressed next to me staring out of the window.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Yep, raining here, though set to clear up a little later, I think nextdoor will not be too pleased cos they left their washing out on the line over night, would have been fine had they got it in an hour ago when it was still dry... :-doh

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Aaaahh laundry muppetry!

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Was gloomy (still is) and cold yesterday so on came the central heating.... Another nice surprise this morning was the increase in leccy DD payments to £101 per month. That oil heater I use under my desk is anything but "eco".

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Worthwhile exercise: Rears tyres are getting close to end of life, so I've swopped them with the nearly new ones from my own car.

Such are the benefits oh having hers and his Puntos!

I trust you're going to tell her, (shortly after she ends up in a ditch).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's her what's got the good ones now ....................

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It's been pretty sunny and warm here through the afternoon, despite what the weathermen say, the cloud is missing us, seems to be skirting right around here... :D

Been fixing up the 2-stroke strimmer that came with the uncle's house, honestly, I think the landlord needs some basic engine maintenance lessons, mostly in not leaving fuel in tanks to go stale, though thankfully the strimmer and the 100cc mower didn't have varnishing issues because of that, but I'm not looking forward to doing the larger mower, that thing's in a sad state, plus it's pretty heavy, so that can wait 'til the uncle's stuff is all in, not going to risk my spine messing with that until after the move is complete... o_O

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just constant rain all day today, it's quite fine now but its been a day wasted apart from the missus getting some new walking boots during a wander around Rugby.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A dull morning, but its cleared up nicely and its been lovely here this afternoon :)

Office window has been open, along with the one on the other side of the corridor in the vain hoppe of getting a bit of a cooling breeze

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I found a Ryobi garden shredding machine sitting outside a house yesterday, enquired inside before putting it in the car. Turned it on when I got back and everything looks fine (though I will reverse the blades later). Now just waiting for the rain to stop and the pile of tree and hedge cuttings to dry out before trying it out. It even came with the spade handle attachment for persuading the larger stuff through.

Attachments

• Ryobi.JPG
    Ryobi.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 29

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
A dull morning, but its cleared up nicely and its been lovely here this afternoon :)

Office window has been open, along with the one on the other side of the corridor in the vain hoppe of getting a bit of a cooling breeze

Cooling Breeze, in Scotland ????????
I'm beginning to think we're getting all Scotland's renowned poor Spring/Summer weather, not very warm, always seems damp and usually wet !!!!!!!
I need at least 4 days of hot, sunny, weather, just to dry out the back garden, and the odd weekend, of sunshine, to play with my satellite dish, and motor, wouldn't go amiss !!!!!!!!!!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
And down south they say it's grim up north... :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive been sitting in the sun watching OH do allotmenty stuff. Very pleasant it was too :D

And you can keep the bad weather - we get more than enough of it thank you!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Absolutely deluged overnight and this morning >>> Almost had to paddle SWMBOs car to its MoT, but even with soggy brakes it passed without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.