Thinking of getting a motorised set up

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Not worth the effort IMHO. Easier to pick up T+K+pole.

cric2k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 85cm Penta with Inverto Black Ultra Quad - Sky Mini dish with quad LNB. Vu+ Duo, DM800, Dm500.
My Location
Belfast
Think i'm gonna go for a new bracket as recommended, no point in skimping on the final 20 quid after investing the best part of 400 quid on the rest.

defcon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500CI+
Triax TD110
My Location
Northern Ireland, Fermanagh
Cric2k, How did you get on with your setup and how is your new DM800 working out?

cric2k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 85cm Penta with Inverto Black Ultra Quad - Sky Mini dish with quad LNB. Vu+ Duo, DM800, Dm500.
My Location
Belfast
defcon said:
Cric2k, How did you get on with your setup and how is your new DM800 working out?

Sorry not posting back sooner lads, Only got the dish and box sorted last week after being back and forth in and out of the country so much that I never got round to organising an installer properly.

Anyway I've had the dish up for a few days and its working great so far. My Snr on the 3 main 13e,19e,28e is always hovering around the 85% mark and when doing a full satellite scan I seem to be picking up around 11,000 services on the various dishes (not sure how impressive any of this is to be honest).

The DM800 took a bit of getting used to start, couldnt get Cccam installed then flashed a bad image on it by mistake so had a nightmare getting it back to life. Be warned that the clone boxes which are using below BL76 will not take any image, they need specific images which I found out to much annoyance. Now that it's set up and working I'm quite impressed with the amount of functionality on the Blackhole Engima2. The only problem is I wanna sit and play with the thing while the wife and kids insist on using it to watch some television. :confused

I've had a little difficultly getting a good cline, paid for one which promised the world but was very glitchy. On a test cline today which seems very impressive with not a single glitch but not sure if they keep the test cline cards undersubscribed. Will keep going until I find something that works well there.

So yeah here's a couple of pics of the dish up. Is it just me or does it look as if it's sitting a bit weird? (it's currently pointing at 28e)

Attachments

• Sat 1 001.jpg
    Sat 1 001.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Sat 1 002.jpg
    Sat 1 002.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 44

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Maybe it's just the perspective, but in the second photo it looks like the pole isn't vertical (i.e. the bottom of the pole appears nearer to the wall than the top) Any chance of a photo when it's on your due South sat?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Those Pentas really do look nice.

Something to think about when we move house.

I'm going to make damn sure that our "Retirement" house has a clear line of site so I can simplify my grotesquely complex five dish (inc. 2 Motorised) system.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
cric2k said:
I've had a little difficultly getting a good cline, paid for one which promised the world but was very glitchy. On a test cline today which seems very impressive with not a single glitch but not sure if they keep the test cline cards undersubscribed. Will keep going until I find something that works well there.

Please keep any discussions of pay servers off the forum - we strictly forbid chat about these because they put the safety of the forum in jeopardy. (If we are seen to be allowing chat about evading pay tv subscriptions we could get shut down)

Anyone who pays for a commercial share is a fool. They are run by the scum of the earth, and are often grossly overloaded - leading to the problems you have discovered. And yes they will keep their test lines restricted to encourage you to part with your cash

cric2k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Ok sorry about that. I get what your saying about the premium servers but not quite sure about alternatives. But yes that'll be the last of that talk :-shifty

defcon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500CI+
Triax TD110
My Location
Northern Ireland, Fermanagh
Cheers for the update mate. Thats a nice dish. I wish I picked something other than my Triax as the dish itself is badly designed making it useless for tweaking.

Very tempted to ditch my Triax for something else like your one.

D

deleted

The cable will be ok but be aware!! i believe the coating has traces of arsenic in it so wear gloves. or dont use.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
dale094 said:
The cable will be ok but be aware!! [...] the coating has traces of arsenic in it so wear gloves.
And don't eat it!

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Arsenic? ISn't that what happens when you sit on a razor blade?

D

deleted

lol, On a serious note that type of RG6 is coated with the sticky for outside use only for water ingress resistance, It should not be used internally, As in a fire god forbid it will give off toxic gases.)(-red

cric2k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
I ended up replacing all 'Cable' cable with 'Satellite' cable so had no issue there.