AlphaOm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital - Thor 5, Thor 6
75cm Visiosat Bisat - Astra1, Astra2, Hotbird
My Location
South Wales, UK
Ghostleader said:
Chapdis mate I'm interested in one of the cards buddy, do you know if these TNT cards open the HD channels or is it just the SD ones mate?

Hi Ghost. From my own experience, an official TNT Sat card will open the HD channels on a TNT Sat-certified HD receiver. Those are known to be quite rubbish overall, but my CGV Premio Sat hd-w gives me satisfaction despite its limitations. Using a TNT Sat card with a non-certified TNT Sat receiver (with the right decryption cam, of course) will unlock the SD channels, but not the HD ones. Well, that's what it was like a year ago anyway. It is possible that some people manage to unlock those using a non-official receiver, but that, I have no information about.

Finally, as this might have been the purpose of your question, there is only one type of TNT Sat card. They all unlock the HD channels as long as they are in the right box. And to the best of my knowledge, a specific card is not pair to a particular receiver. A TNT Sat card should work in just any TNT Sat receiver, even if you swap them at some point in time. They are paired with TNT Sat receivers in general, not a specific one - unlike Sky cards, for example.

AlphaOm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales, UK
AlphaOm said:
And to the best of my knowledge, a specific card is not pair to a particular receiver.

Sorry, I meant "a specific card is not paired to a particular receiver"

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
AlphaOm said:
Hi Ghost. From my own experience, an official TNT Sat card will open the HD channels on a TNT Sat-certified HD receiver. Those are known to be quite rubbish overall, but my CGV Premio Sat hd-w gives me satisfaction despite its limitations. Using a TNT Sat card with a non-certified TNT Sat receiver (with the right decryption cam, of course) will unlock the SD channels, but not the HD ones. Well, that's what it was like a year ago anyway. It is possible that some people manage to unlock those using a non-official receiver, but that, I have no information about.

Finally, as this might have been the purpose of your question, there is only one type of TNT Sat card. They all unlock the HD channels as long as they are in the right box. And to the best of my knowledge, a specific card is not pair to a particular receiver. A TNT Sat card should work in just any TNT Sat receiver, even if you swap them at some point in time. They are paired with TNT Sat receivers in general, not a specific one - unlike Sky cards, for example.

Cheers buddy, I asked because I remember a couple of years ago some of the boys who were using the TNT cards in Technomates etc noticed that newer cards (At the time) seemed to be matched with the SD or HD receivers the cards were supplied with, i.e. if you bought a SD receiver the bundled card wouldnt work in opening the HD channels on a non generic receiver that read the card fine other than that.

AlphaOm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales, UK
Ghostleader said:
Cheers buddy, I asked because I remember a couple of years ago some of the boys who were using the TNT cards in Technomates etc noticed that newer cards (At the time) seemed to be matched with the SD or HD receivers the cards were supplied with, i.e. if you bought a SD receiver the bundled card wouldnt work in opening the HD channels on a non generic receiver that read the card fine other than that.

True, but it's not because they were originally paired with a SD or HD receiver. It's just because of the encryption which doesn't allow the HD channels to be visible on a non-official receiver. Although I'm sure people have found ways around that.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
AlphaOm said:
Although I'm sure people have found ways around that.

Oh yes they have.:)

A nonymous

Reaction score
My TNTSat card decoded all the SD & HD channels before they altered the ecm length which knocked out CCCam :(

Its a Via4 card just incase your wondering :D

Status
Not open for further replies.