uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.That's the first time I've noticed red button missing.Comes up with Scrambled Channel now.
 
There's Rb0 (vpid 701,apid 702 and ppid 701),sd channel now.Apparently there's still a Rb1l(vpid 901,apid 951 and ppid 901) which I think is the original Red Button but comes up scrambled for me.Tried manually entering and linking to key but still no show.
 
Red button is back.
Yes, Red Button works but I can't get BBC Four HD to work. I just get a 'no audio, no video' message and a black screen. Are they still emitting anything on Vpid 7601,Apid 7602,PPid 7601? I was away for the Olympics so I don't know if it would have worked before.
 
Things will have gone back to how they were before - BBC4 doesnt start until 1900uk time.
 
BBC 4 HD should start at 7 p.m. uk time, 8 p.m. timezone +1.
 
Last edited:
That's European time - 7:00pm UK time.
 
BBC 4 HD will most likely have gone from this mux now that the Olympics have finished and it's switched back to it's old home.
 
Good evening

Is anyone able to see these channels using a cam?
I'm looking into programming a transmodulator to distribute the channels but would need a working cam.

Thanks

Trigger
 
Hi i am on a 1 mtr old Tooway dish down in Jaen andalucia and have no problems at all except usual very bad weather...
 
Perhaps some kind people can update me on dish sizes needed for Intelsat 27.5 deg W....?

Specifically what size might be needed near Perpignan (border of Spain and France, eastern end) and also in Alicante...?

I ask because when I tested the signal in mid France in 2015 I had no trouble getting it on a 60 cm dish - not really strong but certainly working 99% of the time. However in October 2016 when I tested it again the 60 cm dish really struggled to bring in the signal at all, and the slightest rain or thick cloud knocked it out. I seem to remember that others have observed that the signal doesn't seem as good as it used to be....

In my case in mid France the situation is academic as Astra 2E romps in, but I've been asked to advise for Perpignan and Alicante so hope some folk with local experience can give a bit of help.

Thanks!

I use a 95cm dish which works fine down at Alicante and all of France, Germany,Austria but was borderline in Groatia when we had slight Rain.
 
mw963 iam in southern spain nerja malaga province using a 800 dish never had any problems except in a heavy rain storm
 
Good evening

Is anyone able to see these channels using a cam?
I'm looking into programming a transmodulator to distribute the channels but would need a working cam.

Thanks

Trigger

I think if you search around you can buy a BISS CAM for receivers/transmodulators. I've seen one for sale before.

Seeing as the DVB tables are all encrypted you'd probably have to work out mapping the PIDs first though in order to decrypt the data and transmodulate it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Perhaps some kind people can update me on dish sizes needed for Intelsat 27.5 deg W....?

Specifically what size might be needed near Perpignan (border of Spain and France, eastern end) and also in Alicante...?

I ask because when I tested the signal in mid France in 2015 I had no trouble getting it on a 60 cm dish - not really strong but certainly working 99% of the time. However in October 2016 when I tested it again the 60 cm dish really struggled to bring in the signal at all, and the slightest rain or thick cloud knocked it out. I seem to remember that others have observed that the signal doesn't seem as good as it used to be....

In my case in mid France the situation is academic as Astra 2E romps in, but I've been asked to advise for Perpignan and Alicante so hope some folk with local experience can give a bit of help.

Thanks!
Alicante, easy on a 90cm dish. But why bother if you can receiver 28E on a 120cm dish.
 
Perhaps some kind people can update me on dish sizes needed for Intelsat 27.5 deg W....?

Specifically what size might be needed near Perpignan (border of Spain and France, eastern end) and also in Alicante...?

I ask because when I tested the signal in mid France in 2015 I had no trouble getting it on a 60 cm dish - not really strong but certainly working 99% of the time. However in October 2016 when I tested it again the 60 cm dish really struggled to bring in the signal at all, and the slightest rain or thick cloud knocked it out. I seem to remember that others have observed that the signal doesn't seem as good as it used to be....

In my case in mid France the situation is academic as Astra 2E romps in, but I've been asked to advise for Perpignan and Alicante so hope some folk with local experience can give a bit of help.

Thanks!
The flootprint says for this Region a 80 cm dish should work. The high FEC with 9/10 is very sensitive. For me the Signal goes down 15 percent and more in bad weather. This Region is outside the 120 cm beam from Astra 2 Spotbeam.
 
Thanks for the further input. I think that at both locations 120 cm dishes have been tried on Astra 2E and found wanting. But I am a twerp, I may have meant Andalucia which I believe is definitely not going to work on 120 cms for Astra 2E.

I'm afraid my geographical expertise is higher for France than it is for Spain.

But you've all told me what I need to know and so renewed thanks.
Depends what part of Andalucia. Some of it is possible with a 1.8m dish but most of it is completely impossible even with a 2.4m.
 
120cm in the Canaries. 140cm if you can afford it just to add a bit of tolerance.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top