uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greece is well short of the official footprint. However odd things have been known to happen in extreme fringe reception, so give it a try.
 
Greece is way out of footprint, no reports have ever been made for this beam, not even with 4 mtr dishes. So I would give it no hope!
 
I can confirm this. Have been searching and asking big dish owners years ago. This beam is hardly covering even Southern Romania or Central Italy. Outside this line it is practically non existant. In some parts of Greece the 2E/F/G UK Beams are much easier to get of course starting with dish sizes of at least 2.4m-3m.
 
Today I measured the signal quality of 11495 V 44100 of 27.5W in Potenza (Southern Italy, halfway between Naples and Bari) with my Prodelin prime focus 3.4m dish (+Invacom quad) and Dr F-15 receiver. Without fine tuning, I got 11.1 dB.
(The minimal value to get stabil image is 6.7dB). This means that a 2.4m dish may ensure reception (no rain!) in my location. A friend of mine living near Bari, has a 2.4m dish and he has been receiving 27.5W although at limit.
The same system gives me 24/7 reception of the UK beam of 28.2 2E and Channel 5 of 28.5E, and sporadic reception of 11023 H of Astra2G.

Coviello
 
Hi,

Receiving 27.5W with SmartDVB 4.0.24 (Beta 1) + vplug 2.4.6 + TBS6983. I set PMT, audio/video PIDs etc; SD channels work just fine, however, I can't get the HD channels to show. I set video to streamtype 27 (H.264) and audio to streamtype 17 (AAC), but they still won't run. Audio seems to be detected ("2 chn, 0 kbps, 0 Hz" is shown) but video will not start, only a black screen. H.264/MPEG4 channels on other satellites play just fine. Any clue?

best regards,
Tamerlano
 
Hi,

Receiving 27.5W with SmartDVB 4.0.24 (Beta 1) + vplug 2.4.6 + TBS6983. I set PMT, audio/video PIDs etc; SD channels work just fine, however, I can't get the HD channels to show. I set video to streamtype 27 (H.264) and audio to streamtype 17 (AAC), but they still won't run. Audio seems to be detected ("2 chn, 0 kbps, 0 Hz" is shown) but video will not start, only a black screen. H.264/MPEG4 channels on other satellites play just fine. Any clue?

best regards,
Tamerlano

Here is my settings:
2016-03-07 20_40_57-SmartDVB _ Prof 8000 BDA DVBS_S2 Tuner_Demod [bda.dev].webp

Be sure to check emulator if correct k$@ is shown for channels.
 
Hi,

Receiving 27.5W with SmartDVB 4.0.24 (Beta 1) + vplug 2.4.6 + TBS6983. I set PMT, audio/video PIDs etc; SD channels work just fine, however, I can't get the HD channels to show. I set video to streamtype 27 (H.264) and audio to streamtype 17 (AAC), but they still won't run. Audio seems to be detected ("2 chn, 0 kbps, 0 Hz" is shown) but video will not start, only a black screen. H.264/MPEG4 channels on other satellites play just fine. Any clue?

best regards,
Tamerlano

Have a look at this page for settings. You need video as MPEG 4 not H264.

FlySat Intelsat 907 @ 27.5° West
 
Have a look at this page for settings. You need video as MPEG 4 not H264.

FlySat Intelsat 907 @ 27.5° West

Which elementary stream type would that be? Odd, the previous commenter successfully employs 27 (H.264) for video and 17 (AAC) for audio. Anyway, I tried to configure each of the HD channels last evening and I only got ITV HD fully working with the 27/17 stream types. Will check if the correct k$@ is loaded for each channel.
 
Which elementary stream type would that be? Odd, the previous commenter successfully employs 27 (H.264) for video and 17 (AAC) for audio. Anyway, I tried to configure each of the HD channels last evening and I only got ITV HD fully working with the 27/17 stream types. Will check if the correct k$@ is loaded for each channel.

Apologies, my mistake. On a Technomate box, for example, Video is H264 and Audio MPEG2. Also, if you have scanned the channels you need to delete them and add the video, audio and PID SID etc settings manually.
 
@Tamerlano, same problem for me with the same setup as you on Windows 10 64bit. I can't get the HD channels to work, not even ITV with the exact same settings as Vodzigor's screenshot, except I can't select the audio stream in 'Elementary Streams'. SD channels work fine. With HD channels I can record them and then play back the TS file with SmartDVB. I have been using DreamDVB for years and it works fine. Probably some finiquity configuration that we're missing.
 
I can't get the HD channels to work, not even ITV
Have you tried to change decoders? Settings-directshow-connections? I use Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder or Lav video decoder also as h264 decoder DivX one works fine.
 
I've tried the Microsoft codec, Lav, CoreAVC and DivX for the video and Lav and DivX for the AAC codec (only the DivX AAC codec works in DVBDream). Which is your preferred splitter? I've tried both Lav and Haali.
 
@VodzigorLans What version of Windows are you on? I've looked on the SmartDVB forum and someone else had a problem with a live stream using the AAC codec from another source (but the recorded TS file could be played back). However, if it works for you there must be a fix. The only other thing that occurs to me is the type of installation - in the user folders or in the Program folder?
 
Of the HD channels, I can get ITV HD and Film 4+1 (which is actually a 1920x1088 HD channel, contrary to information on Lyngsat and Kingofsat) running. Similar to Nagusia's experience, Channel 4 HD and BBC Two HD play back perfectly if I record the transport stream and then play it, but they won't show live in SmartDVB. Very odd behavior! Perhaps it is possible to stream these channels to VLC in real time? I chose the "user" folder installation option.

Other observations: SD channels are very stable, while Smartdvb will crash after 1-2 hours of HD viewing. Recording a HD channel will crash SmartDVB after ~5 minutes. I downgraded from the Beta version to the stable 0.4.0 version, with no behavioral change.

Also, none of the radio channels seem to work; Vplug complains about missing keys.
 
Film 4+1 (which is actually a 1920x1088 HD channel, contrary to information on Lyngsat and Kingofsat)
According to my DrHD F15 receiver it is 544x576i and judging from the picture quality I would say that is right.
 
You're correct indeed - SmartDVB (or the utilized codec) is doing some kind of pixel scaling. However, Film 4+1 is transmitted in H.264, not DVB-S2 as Lyngsat indicates.

Back to the main topic: I can receive BBC Two HD and Channel 4 HD if I configure SmartDVB to perform UDP streaming. VLC didn't work, but Media Player Classic could receive the audio/video streams just fine. Unfortunately, HD streaming causes SmartDVB to crash after ~5 minutes, as is the case when recording HD transport streams. Could this be an option for you, Nagusia?
 
I wonder if there is enough space to squeeze Channel 5 HD into this backup as they are now testing on the Freeview PSB3 mux?
 
I wonder if there is enough space to squeeze Channel 5 HD into this backup as they are now testing on the Freeview PSB3 mux?

It may be on there already (VPID:
6401, APID: 6402, DVB SUB: 6405).

The BBC-B DVB-T2 maximum bitrate is still 40.2Mbps which is accounted for in the satellite feed anyway as the other channels were higher bitrate till recently when the space was cleared (giving space for Channel 5HD).
 
Channel 5 HD is now on. Enjoy watching
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top