2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi abdul, I'm not about to embark on creating a full 'Settings' list for motorised systems, I simply don't want to give it the time it needs. I too get the full arc receivable from the UK but really only use it for football. I guess I could include my Sports bouquet next time if you wish.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
abdul.jabbar said:
@B16MCC

Do you have fav list for other sats that you want to share.
If you are interested in multi sat bouquets, you can download preconfigured bouquets like Captains Settings or Catseye settings.

A little off topic: I've been messing around with Dreamset lately. It has a very useful feature where you can download up to date settings based on info from kingofsat.net. It will create bouquets based on packages, categories, encryption system and language. You can then import these settings to DreamboxEdit as required.

abdul.jabbar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecknomate to next patched
My Location
uk
@ B16Mcc
Thanks mate that would be good

@compufunk
I will take a look at dreamset. Thanks
I have tried preconfigured bouquets but always have problems. Loading using remote from sever seems ok but going to say 13 east/moving dish to correct location does not always give me signal streangth. If i scan manually normally all is well.

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
B16MCC, trying to transfer bouquets to the dm500s. But no matter what i do no success. Have set it to type 2. Still struggling

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
fintannl said:
B16MCC, trying to transfer bouquets to the dm500s. But no matter what i do no success. Have set it to type 2. Still struggling

have you also chosen the "Satellite Reciever" button in the settings so that it sets the correct enigma1 paths?

Attachments

• dbedit.jpg
    dbedit.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 94

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
My fault. Had box ticked for Auto Reload Settings Enigma 2. Once I unchecked this and reloaded the bouquets all was fine. Thanks for all your work on this. Its a great list.

Rricky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
uk
The only problem i had with these bouquets was when i transfered them using dreamboxedit the mtv and a few other channels had no audio. Is there anyway for me to correct this.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Interesting, can you get the audio by selecting another stream from the audio button ? ( yellow button on DM8000 )

Rricky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
uk
That sorted it mate had to choose the english audio stream

Vin047

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Satellite with Dreambox 600PVR
My Location
UK, London
Hey guys, I made these Bouquets for Sly UK mainly for myself and thought id share it with everyone here. It's based on B16MCC's bouquets (BIG thanks to you mate!) but edited.

Features:

1) Swapped BBC North West channel for BBC London channel,
2) Swapped ITV Granada channel for ITV London channel,
3) Change in way the bouquet is represented (didn't like those "equal signs" :p) and Favourites is indented so as to stand out a little bit near the top of the list,
4) Oh and did I mention, correct number reference for ALL sly channels!!!

Basically, I used B16MCC bouquet which contained channels for a whole variety of other satellites, and used some (mainly from Cable aka Virgin Media) as place holders (few from Eurobird 9 as well). Then, providing you manually FTP the files to the correct locations and use your own services file all the place holder channels become "removed service". It works! Channel numbering completely sorted, so 101 is BBC1 etc.

Downsides:

1) Probably issues using multiple sat configuration (when using cable and eurobird 9) so best to use for systems using only Astra 28.2E
2) Somewhat ugly look when going through "All Channels" due to the numerous "removed services", obviously doesn't apply in other bouquets
3) MUST NOT use dreamboxedit or openDBedit as both programs will see the removed services as errors and remove them from list, defeating whole point!

Two sets of files I have, 1 for DM500 and other for DM600.

Instructions:

0) BACKUP your data using whatever tool(s) you want.
1) Using your favourite FTP tool, FTP to dreambox directory \var\tuxbox\config\enigma
2) Delete all files with extension .tv and also delete userbouquets.tv.epl (!!! This will delete your current bouquets !!!)
3) Transfer downloaded files to the dreambox (should be done automatically but make sure all transferred files are set to permissions 0644, all groups Read and Owner Write permission)
4) Open up favourite web browser and enter xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadUserBouquets (where the x's represent dreambox IP)

Notes:
The main thing to get the channel numbering properly is to ensure you have the "All Channels" bouquet as the first bouquet in your list. Therefore, you can theoretically keep your existing bouquets by simply FTP'ing userbouquet.dbe1b.tv to your dreambox and editing the userbouquets.tv.epl file yourself and add the reference to All Channel bouquet at the top.

I also came up with an idea to get rid of the "removed services" ugliness but i'll look into that a lil later!

Don't know how this affects other dreambox models, as i dont have any others to test on. And obviously I take no responsibility for anything that may go wrong, however I have tested this on my own DM600 Pli Jade 3 image and it worked perfectly and also tested the DM500 version on 2 DM500's OpenPli 29/01/2010 build and no problems!

Final Note (I promise!): I'm thinking of making my own simple program to help automate the process and edit these files for future changes etc since all future bouquet changes need to be done manually using remote or text editor on computer. Don't have the tech skills required to modify dreamboxedit or opendbedit and besides it wouldn't need all the advanced features as those two so would be very simplistic. If theres much interest let me know.

Vin047

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Satellite with Dreambox 600PVR
My Location
UK, London
The only problem i had with these bouquets was when i transfered them using dreamboxedit the mtv and a few other channels had no audio. Is there anyway for me to correct this.

Rricky, and for others with this problem, I always have this issue with every box i set up for some reason. Easy, permanent fix. In settings menu, go to section where you can change your OSD options like skin etc, should be an option for choosing "preferred language". Select English in first drop down box and save. :D

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi guys, here's the latest version. These bouquets are made using DreamboxEdit and primarily designed to be used on a HD box. If you wish to use them on an SD box or even an old Enigma 1 box then you will have to make several changes.

Whats new :-

Now using place holder channels in main bouquet to ensure channels maintain proper Sly UK epg number. For example, punch in 408, you'll get Sly Sports HD1.
Updated Movies.
Updated Lifestyle & Culture. ( Can anyone please confirm what are channels 262 and 263 please. )
Added 3DTV to end of first bouquet.
Added ROI variations bouquet.
Changed place holder channel in main bouquet to Promotions Channel, instead of a 'SID not in PAT' channel.
Inserted BBC1 as channel 1 for use with Nabilo panic button.
I've left in my 'Sports All Sats' bouquet as listed. Please bare in mind that this bouquet is made up of channels that I have access to and is by no means a complete bouquet, although it is quite lengthy.

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IT: 1 x iMax 27" Quad Core, 2 x iMac 24" (running OSX & OSX Server) 1 x Macbook Air
AV: MacMini Plex Media Centre, SpearNZB Episode Downloader, DM500, DM8000
My Location
uk
B16MCC said:
If you delete the bouquet from the Dreambox it will automatically adjust its numbers again. Putting BBC 1 back to Ch No 1.

Hi B16MCC,
Yeah, I had this problem a long time ago, I sat there and pain painstakingly modified all the channels to get them compatible with a Sly box on an old DM500.

What I did was duplicate the Sly EPG audio channel 100 times as a dummy channel and named it "Empty Channel". If you change to one of these channels, you get the sly epg audio and the radio graphic on-screen. It also downloads the channel epg data if you have that enabled.

This works fine and gets your actual channel numbers in sequence from 101 onwards.

I also placed the same dummy channel everywhere throughout the sly channel list where there are gaps.

I don't think its so bad having the dummy channels in there permanently, its a bit of a pain getting it set-up in the beginning, but at least it means you can key in the 3 digits channel number and go straight to the channels (most people are familiar with coming from a sky background).

Ultimately, I think it would be best if someone could hack the firmware and take out the auto-numbering crap and get it to honour the channel numbers in the bouquet files.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi dave, that's exactly what I've done mate, I call them Place Holder channel. I've made the first bouquet containing all channels , inserting Place holder channels where needed. I've used the Sly Retail channel as the place holder channel so it just shows the Sly logo all the time if you zap to it.
As you say this allows you to punch in the correct 3 digit number to get what you want. The subsequent bouquets contain the appropriate channels without Place holders so you can also use these without them looking untidy if you wish. It works very well.

andyroth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm6900hd super
My Location
cheshire nr nantwich
cracking channel list.

no itv hd tho?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
its there mate, in the HD channels bouquet.

andyroth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm6900hd super
My Location
cheshire nr nantwich
hmmm just checked and the channel is there but doesnt work on my dm800. very strange think it maybe the inline amp as a few channels ive noticed are dotted around the bouquet like this

hannaby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, Frecarro Penta 85, 2300 motor
My Location
North East, England
andyroth said:
hmmm just checked and the channel is there but doesnt work on my dm800. very strange think it maybe the inline amp as a few channels ive noticed are dotted around the bouquet like this

andy, i don't think ITV HD is broadcasting 24/7 at the minute so you may have been trying to watch it when nothing is on. Pretty sure whenever there is a footy match on it is broadcasting so try then.

@B16MCC - Quality list mate, had my Dm800 for about 6 month now and this is by far the best channel list i have come across

andyroth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm6900hd super
My Location
cheshire nr nantwich
was the tottenham v leeds game broadcast on itv hd? was looking then. think i have read in one of the forums the inline adapter was knocking some channels off

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Yeah that game was on ITVHD

Status
Not open for further replies.