VU+ Duo Twin Tuner

bob-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+s-t
Raven gemini 70 ,13e,19e,28e
85cm Transparent dish Moteck SG2100 and inverto black ultra lnb.
My Location
UK,Sheffield
I wouldn't mind i normally check everything before i buy anything ,it was one of those sod it i'll get one moments.
I also thought i had bought off them before but it turned out to be someone else.
You live and learn.

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
OK, back to the main topic.
Did anyone else hear back from their dealers. One of the other dealers in UK reported a delivery today, even with all the volcanic ash restrictions.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
I spoke to Sky-Sat Europe today and they said their stock was with distributor in Belgium. They say they have requested to pick up their stock tomorrow with a company van rather than wait on the distributor to dispatch. Promised to ring me again within 24hrs.

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
Excellent tidings indeed!

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
They have apparently sent out mails today to the persons who would receive the boxes from the lot that came in yesterday/today. Has one of you got that mail?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
oneforall said:
They have apparently sent out mails today to the persons who would receive the boxes from the lot that came in yesterday/today. Has one of you got that mail?

Ive had no email and no phone call yet? I will be phoning them at 4pm if Ive heard nothing by then.
Where did you here this info?

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
Any further news anyone?
I heard that the delivery has not even reached the Belgium offices.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
You are correct. I've asked for a refund. Will post their full email later.

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
Does not sound good.
I am interested in that email.

Its difficult to figure where the real problem lies now. Between the volcano, the broadcom chip shortages and the general delivery woes, I wonder who is at fault.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
oneforall said:
Does not sound good.
I am interested in that email.

Its difficult to figure where the real problem lies now. Between the volcano, the broadcom chip shortages and the general delivery woes, I wonder who is at fault.
Well here is that email. I have now cancelled my order. I do believe that Sky-Sat are getting a shafting from their distributor but I am sick of being told one thing and other members who have also ordered being told different info by the same office. Anyway here is the email, I have told them I want a full refund not a refund minus card processing fees of 2.5%. Think I will have to take the hit though.

Dear Mr Tully,

I hadn't forgotten to come back to you, and please accept my colleague's call-back in my absence. I have written this email too as an update (although typed by one of the staff for me). I have in the last hour or writing this, spoken with the distributor. They never did manage to call me back as they said they would, so I called them again.

I was sadly left without what I'd gone in for... however, on prior communications we've had the story of 'we're getting a delivery on or around 'x' date - you should be ok if we get the full order'.

As you may well be aware, no-one, anywhere across Europe has been getting anywhere near their full orders, infact the last but one delivery had 8 pieces in it for the whole distribution region. Very pathetic, but very true since I was shown a copy of the delivery manifest, or at least it was very convincing if it wasn't.

The distributors did receive an order on Friday, and with my email to them of Monday 19th and call on Tuesday 20th April, whilst they already knew of course we're waiting in-line in the 'wholesale' queue, again, there's simply not been enough for even one box to us on this drop they tell us...

The good news, if we can call it this, is that from a slightly aggressive stand, I have come away with this time 'verbal guarantees' which we've never had before, and a more positive sounding distributor who has agreed we can send one of our own to Belgium to actually collect the stock on the 7th May, pending their receipt of delivery on 6th May. This we are more than happy to do so that we can actually not waste more of anyone's time.

It upsets us, as a company, to be in the firing line, however, we are only as good as the supply chain that feeds us. We've asked for distribution rights in the past, but, the team at VU are 'content' with current arrangements and seem to have their hands full with other issues - manufacturing / supplier mainly, right now and need to sort this out I think opposed to anything else.

We understand the excitement of the product, and the seemingly great value of it, and would love to have one ourselves in the office - but we don't either... Not yet at least. We're all in the same boat.

If patience has run dry, we're certainly happy to issue a credit note, or a special refund less 2.5% for the processing charges. This isn't an issue to us, we'd prefer you to be a happy client, opposed to anything else.

With assurances that we're continuing to question, pressure and seek confirmation on this product line.

Many thanks,

Paul
for SKYSAT-EUROPE.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
And here is the reply to me aking for a full refund. What he doe not mention is that their rep Jay did say after confiming stock was available that it may take 7 days for delivery and not the 3 days that their other products. take. I was happy enough to buy under those terms. But 7/8 weeks is different to 7 days.

Dear Mr Tully, many thanks for the update from my colleague's call-back and my other colleague's email to you.

The conversation you had was with Jay, at the very start, one of our tech/sales support team, was correct - in him telling you there was stock at time of your enquiry, but this was our first delivery of the new year, (which was also very small), and there were other people selling at the time, plus our internet site obviously taking orders too.

We get around 20-30 enquiries a day on VU and Dreambox.

At time of your order being received, 1756hours, combined, we were on -2 items in terms of stock.

You placed your order, online with us, of your own free will, with terms fully available to you in advance, and with your agreeing to those terms which were ticked for understanding, acknowledgement and acceptance.

We are indeed only as good as our supply chain. Unfortunately, we're not able to control what or how the supply chain works, but we are doing all we can to relay what information we get to those in the queue, waiting for this product and are chasing and re-chasing for you, the end-user.

As stated in our terms, we will happily provide a full credit note, or, we'll refund all bar 2.5% of the original purchase - these being the costs associated towards those that the credit card transactions both inwards and outgoing, of your using a credit/debit card, has cost us.

If you can get a VU+ duo box instantly from another supplier, then this is your own personal decision.

We're happy to stand by our terms, which you've agreed to, and in this very frustrating situation, offer the refund to your credit card, less the 2.5% service charges as stated if needed.

Thank you,
Steve Howe.
SKYSAT-EUROPE.

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
So, once again another 4 week delay from the original date of 15th of April.
Absolutely unbelievable. On the other hand on other forums I get the impression that somehow people are able to not only get the box for themselves, but even able to make additional profits by selling additional boxes at inflated prices.
2 Vu+ Duos available for sale

As I said earlier, with my inter-currency charges (3.8%) and the refund charges (2.5% + another 3.8%), I am stuck in the situation somehow.:-ohcrap

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
On the other hand, now I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order. And going for the DM500 HD. Twin-tuner, perhaps is not for me anyway and also an internal drive is not so important. An external USB drive should be good enough.

It costs about 100 bucks less, and also has a better chip within.

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
im so feckin glad i didnt call them!!

but in some fairness to them i have spent all of this afternoon going online and surfing all the uk sites and calling them, and NOT A SINGLE 1 had any in stock or even said they knew a GUARENTEED expected date!

looks like 99% of shops are in this position, its just that some seem to be a tad more honest than others!

im going to stay waiting with skysat (for the moment at least) as if i join a q some where else i know ill be right at the back and at least now im some way up it!!!!

if any 1 finds anywhere with any in... please let me know ;o/

ian

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
i heard the boxes hardware has some issues thats why is taking to long ,as they will be releasing a new rev also with the possibility of plug and play tuners even...stay tune

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
pipino said:
i heard the boxes hardware has some issues thats why is taking to long ,as they will be releasing a new rev also with the possibility of plug and play tuners even...stay tune
Isn't the new revision supposed to come some time in November?
But then again, it seems based on all the delays that we would get our boxes in November too, so why not!

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
totalacedude said:
im so feckin glad i didnt call them!!

but in some fairness to them i have spent all of this afternoon going online and surfing all the uk sites and calling them, and NOT A SINGLE 1 had any in stock or even said they knew a GUARENTEED expected date!

looks like 99% of shops are in this position, its just that some seem to be a tad more honest than others!

ian
That's another problem. Currently there are several shops here in Germany promising a delivery-begin date of 26th of April. On the other hand, I heard of several shops in UK expecting deliveries by 30th of April. So much earlier than the May 7th date quoted by S*ysat.

The problem is the conflicting info that I get from S*ysat. They already had two deliveries but somehow I could not make it to their delivery list even though being on the number 'one' spot.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Yeah they told me I was no 3 and I didn't get allocated one. Then tell me I'm no2 and again didn't get one. Then they change the story back to they have had no boxes since February.

It wasn't the waiting that p***ed me off it was the contradictory waffling.

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
So did you finally cancel tomthebomb? 2.5% and all?
Isn't credit card chargeback one of the options?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
I informed them I wanted a refund, heard nothing back.