Advice Needed Want to replace LNB with a quad

CTAGGY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have not got one yet
My Location
Peak District
image.jpeg image.jpeg Just taken this taken of an old sky dish. IF I want to re-use the dish for Freesat and put in a quad LNB what LNB would I need to order / fittings ? I believe there were 4 different MKs of the sky dishes and they use different fittings .

Thanks taggarc

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Just be careful of the different quad types, the modern ones which are supplied for modern Zone 1's have an oval feed and the adapter bracket is unique for these.

Older quad LNBs are the more usual 40mm circular throat.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

CTAGGY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have not got one yet
My Location
Peak District
Does the difference between the oval feed and the circular feed mean that the above adaptor will not work ? Plus will the adaptor change the existing setting ? Are there any packages adaptor and LNB that come as one and would work ?

Thanks Tag

ps is it possible to tell what my my dish is from the above adaptor ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
For the cost of purchasing/replacing just the end section , you could find the whole dish assembly as one is a better option. You will have to confirm the wall mount is compatible beforehand though, otherwise you will also need a drill and rawlbolts.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Does the difference between the oval feed and the circular feed mean that the above adaptor will not work ? Plus will the adaptor change the existing setting ? Are there any packages adaptor and LNB that come as one and would work ?

Thanks Tag

ps is it possible to tell what my my dish is from the above adaptor ?
Your dish is a Mk1, they're the only ones with the very thin LNB arm, if you buy the bracket above and a Mk4 LNB, should be a straight swap out, have done many over the years.