We are experiencing server problems

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Working nice and fast here with my metal Lion Ice theme, also looks very smart :)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
when i load pages on this site. on my firefox the main forum section loads up to the right then corrects its self by adding the right hand blue column in which is wierd ?

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
No thats normal the tables in the style dont close until the footer loads then the page centres.

The pages are loading almost instant for me.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Exactly the same with me wod ;-)) See nice thumb.

Fact is, everything was fine until a couple of days ago.

I suspect (correct me if I am wrong) that some more javascript has been added to the site - which IE (and FF to some degree) is trying to filter/load.

The code for this site is VERY heavy and the more of it - the slower it will get - well that's my smart-ass opinion anyway, lol ;-))

My browser, for all I can work out, filters-out the obvious; but loads this site vís-a-vís until a couple of days ago - like any other site.

I had read of Javascript issues with IE7 - but remember none of it now, doh!

Whatever, summats up :cool:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I have to repeat, I am experiencing no problems with Firefox and no problems with IE6, haven't installed IE7, as I really don't want any more bloatware on my machine. :-lmao

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
chris said:
No thats normal the tables in the style dont close until the footer loads then the page centres.

Which normally happens in 'msecs' not countable 'secs' (using fingers on both hands, lol).

:cool:

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
rolfw said:
I really don't want any more bloatware on my machine.

I am going to make a simplistic comment on this (because I am good at simple).

IE7 takes up 3.59MB on my HDD - FF (in the same program folder) takes up 25.2MB

Granted, I can be ass'd to find out where the rest of IE is hiding - but I did say I would be making a simple comment ;-))

There is nothing wrong with IE7 - its FF only by another name - so, update your software with WGA now, I say, hehe.

And MS offer monthly bug fixes - not hyped-up [read: Steve Jobs stylie] version updates (sic).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
chris said:

You must be on a bloody fast connection Chris - Im on a 2.5 meg bb connection and theres a noticable lag before the page centres - I see exactly the same as the others have descibed with FF. Quite unpleasant really

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Tried the WGA tool (thanks by the way), IE7 has now tried to load on one PC at least five times, gave up after that. :)

I guess that the new frontier is the new operating system, bet there are going to be some nightmares coming up from that. :)

Re the lag and offset on page loading, the Classic and Default style doesn't suffer any offset or lag on my browser, the digital skin does, but only a second or so.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
changing to the classic style solves the issuse but it doesn't really bother me using the digital one