What Flash

bibi

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rolfw said:
Go for the Xamuh file or similar, Flash AT9058515 and external Eeprom 24C64
If I could slip in a question or two as I've got a patched Humi and a purple card :

1. Will the Xamuh (AT9058515 FunCard 2) Flash file work for all providers ? ex. Canal Satellite (FR)
and
2. What about this darn INTERNAL Eeprom hex file ?, Where do you get one ?
All I see out there are Flash.hexes and ext_ee.hexes.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
You don't require internal eeproms with funcards, Bibi. A flash file and external eeprom will do the job. As for the channels you can get, they are rapidly fading as they move to second gen. encryption. I spend most of my time on 30w these days.

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
I like the atmel/fun. L53 file set from
www.laurals.com
they seem to have a new kind of flash. ( V4.xx_Flash File )
That I think is faster and that file Fileset is less confussing for the beginner because you only get the flash
and the external.EEprom
But if you like Xamuh file set you can still mix and match, ie the Xamuh-ext.EEprom and the L53 Flash. From one beginner to another I hope this helps.
P.S I hope I did not break any rules.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problems Schnuffi, the only thing I would advise though, is to have a good popup stopper, as several people appear to have picked up a dialer from there the other day.

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
I have a good popop stoper, also I have DSL so don´t worry about dialers but thankyou for the warning Rolfw

bibi

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
jimbo said:
You don't require internal eeproms with funcards
I've got a Zeus multiprogrammer and so I'm still confused bec my soft (CardWriter v1.87) asks for 3 files, isn't the int_ee the hex that we can reuse ?

I have heard of some softs that include their own int_ee but all the softs that I've seen so far ask for all three.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
With the Elvis programmer I use there are 3 boxes to tick but I just tick 2.......the flash and the exterenal ee. Don't know about Zeus bibi, have you tried their help files?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Shouldn't matter what the software asks for, the majority of files only comprise the Flash and External Eeprom, so this is all you need. The flash will stay fairly constant, the EEprom is the one that changes. :)

PS. Is this our very own Bibi Bear returning? :)

bibi

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
PS. Is this our very own Bibi Bear returning? :)
Blast from the past! Yes, R. Greeting from Paris; I know I've haven't been here for about a year.

Truth is, about a year ago I fell on some codes that opened up Canal for up until a couple of weeks ago + I've just been too lazy or too busy (new job) to seek out other birds/providers (despite my motorized sys). Don't know what's happened to Canal - have they switched to Seca2, or was it just that my number was up?

Anyway, with a 13 mo. old in the home, I'll now need a lot more of your (and your consorts :) ) expertise - We can't have this child growing up and watching French dubbed cartoons (Quel discrace!) or worse, not knowing how football (NFL) is really played! I'm ready to hop on a train and be your first customer as soon as you hang out your shingle.

As for my immediate problem, I haven't yet come across the right combination but your reminders have definitively shed some much appreciated light.

There is one other thing that you may be able to help me with: about 14 - 15 months ago I posted a Humax +CAM patch upgrade "walkthrough" and I was wondering if you could search your archived posts and repost it.

I'm sorry for abandonning Satellites UK, but it's good to be back - expect to hear a lot more from me - my son's linguistic future depends on it.

à très bientôt,
Bibi

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Really good to see you back Bibi, coincidentally, I found your old walkthrough, HERE's the link, you can cut and paste and post under your new abridged name. :) Probably best to put it in Tutorials and How tos :)