What's the chance of getting allowed to install a 3.8m dish in the U.K?

R

Rd100

Yes i have a 1.8m and 1.2m the limit here is 90cm but as long as no one snitches you up you can have what ever size dish you want but if some one does snitch on you planning will not do any thing unless is viewable from the persons house, But i am ok with my 1.8M as is on a NPGM,

wod said:
i think you'd need to live in the country side and i would say 1.8metre would be the max you'd be able to get away with without any neighbours near

or move next to skys uplink centre and put it in there lol

makes me laugh places like spain and greece you can have a 4 metre dish and no ones bothered

would you be able to pickup 61west with that 3.8metre on west coast of ireland ?

i thought the fibo dish was enough for you

west coast of uk a andrews 1.8metre would get 1west and 5east surely ? as i'm sure rd100 gets them in south wales on a 1.8m prodelin dish

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
tapfit2004 said:
i live in a housing estate in dublin, ireland and while i was out walking the other day i spotted a dish that was at least 2.5m in a back garden around the corner. i have 2 dishes on the back of the house and am planning to put up another one, i dont expect to have any problems. you should see the size of some of the dishes that have been mounted on the front of rented accomadation around dublin. i assume these are put up by our eastern european friends who want to get their home channels. i have never heard of anyone being asked to remove a dish by the city council or anyone else.

you should have gone around and asked how they got permission but most likely from the old satellite days when you needed big dishes to view 27west etc

if you mount the dish on a palette or something moveable then i dont think they can do anything as its not fixed but i doubt you could get away with that for a 4 metre dish as they would see it as not necessary

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
thats exactly what i said, hobby wise they wouldnt allow it but you never know, if nobody says anything then nothing to be worried about, all they are gonna do if they do find out is ask you to take it down so id say chance and go for it dude.

p.s by the sounsd of it you are better off moving to ireland rather than mainland UK such as england if you want to use it, try the highlands in scotland also as somewhere to think about moving to.

olisun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
Likvid said:
install a 3.8m antenna in the garden or on the roof?

Do you plan to replace your roof?? ..errrr.. That might be a good solution... :-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
olisun said:
Do you plan to replace your roof?? ..errrr.. That might be a good solution... :-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

No , i am going modify and build up a platform based on steel bars on the top of the house so i can have this 3.8m antenna and many more dishes on the roof.

This will be big project, that's why i need to have a house in the country with free view horizon to horizon and i hope i end up in Ireland, then i can get a house on the west coast to the Atlantic.

Something like this below:

Attachments

• Kran.jpg
    Kran.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 44
  • skystar.JPG
    skystar.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 55

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I could also make a high tower and place the dish on, like the photos below which shows a Patriot 3.1m antenna on top of it.

Attachments

• album_pic1.jpg
    album_pic1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 43
  • album_pic.jpg
    album_pic.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 45

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Likvid said:
No , i am going modify and build up a platform based on steel bars on the top of the house so i can have this 3.8m antenna and many more dishes on the roof.

This will be big project, that's why i need to have a house in the country with free view horizon to horizon and i hope i end up in Ireland, then i can get a house on the west coast to the Atlantic.

I LOVE the pic of the house with all the dishes on it - gives my ideas....! Makes my dish farm look a bit weedy :-lmao

Multiple dishes on the roof, or humungous towers - you really have it in for the planning department dont you. :-rofl2

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
Likvid said:
I could also make a high tower and place the dish on, like the photos below which shows a Patriot 3.1m antenna on top of it.

I can't see the council having a problem with that kind of a setup - but they may insist on a beacon on the top, to warn low flying aircraft.