Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Emmmm, volumptous overflow we could use some of that out here on the fringe. Its gonna be a hell of a squeeeze on 2D, the next best option would be the north beam on Astra 2A or 2B, that would kind of limit the overflow a little.
I mean Astra 2D is being received all over Europe, from Cyprus to the Canaries, its pointless trying to restrict FTA signals.
Oh and let's not forget what freesat is promoting - HD! Well I'd like to see which transponder they are going to put them on, it will be a tighter squeeeeze than a rush hour train in Mumbai!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Expat said:
the next best option would be the north beam on Astra 2A or 2B, that would kind of limit the overflow a little.
I mean Astra 2D is being received all over Europe, from Cyprus to the Canaries, its pointless trying to restrict FTA signals.

I don't think they are really concerned with people who install 1.5m plus dishes to receive it, as they are in a minority and probably in most cases the British expatriate community. It is the fact that the general population of europe with normal sized dishes cannot pick it up easily (apart from the nearby countries obviously) and it at least appears to the copyright owners, that they are attempting to restrict the viewing to the home area.

It is certainly going to be a juggling act though. :)

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
Does anyone know anymore about the "launch" in March.

Seems to be more secret than a politician's family members pay packet.

Tempted to call them and ask where it is... (Ofcom Website contact details for Freesat)

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox Pace 2200, 3 remotes, 2 mice, 2 splitters, a amp adder thingi, a Thomson universal LNB & a zone 2 dish..... With foamy whatsit coax
My Location
NW UK
They've cods it up of course U-zzzU-zzz

The words pissup & brewery come to mind :-rofl2

H

hoppo1

I think my day has just been ruined:-Nooo
Is FREESAT coming off of 2D for sure? 2.4 Mtr dish for me if it is. I was under the impression it was going to come off of Eurobird. Please tell me it is:toke:

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox Pace 2200, 3 remotes, 2 mice, 2 splitters, a amp adder thingi, a Thomson universal LNB & a zone 2 dish..... With foamy whatsit coax
My Location
NW UK
Its only TV dude ........ Kinda not really a biggie in the whole scheme of fings is it ? ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
hoppo1 said:
I think my day has just been ruined:-Nooo
Is FREESAT coming off of 2D for sure?

Nope it will pretty much guaranteed be coming from 2D for the main channels.

Ferdie

Reaction score
Hi!

Will BBC/ITV channels be leaving Astra 2D? When will this happen? I hope not!

Regards,

Ferdie

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Ferdie said:
Will BBC/ITV channels be leaving Astra 2D? When will this happen? I hope not!
See post 28, 2 above yours...

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Will i be able to use my tv ariel that i have on my chimney to receive these channels???

Joke.. not heared nothing on this, i do hope they are not going to prostpone it any further :(

Red Hugh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Multi-Digital FTA.
Quad lnb, 60cm dish.
Skystar 2 pvr TV, 1.2m dish, Lnbs x 2 Manual.Technomate 7755
AMD 3000+ 2G CPU, 128 Graphics card, 1024 ram, 150 HD. P4 2.93G CPU, 128 Graphics card, 1024 ram, 229 HD,
My Location
East Sussex. UK
BBC News 24 has now ceased transmissions on 2D now on 2A 11.954 H Sr 27500-2/3

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
Got an email back today to an enquiry I placed a week or two ago via the freesat website, it said:

Thanks for your enquiry with regards to freesat.

freesat is still set to launch in spring 2008. You can register on the 'how to get it' section on www.freesat.co.uk to be one the first to know when it launches. Details of retailers and products will be shared very shortly.

I did ask for a sensible reply, but of course it was sent from a non-working email address...

sliemawarrior

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FR SAT DISH, Echolink Box
My Location
Malta
rambo man said:
what's the frequency of free sat and will it be able to cover all europe especially malta or is it for uk only

Rambo, Have you had any joy in Malta setting up and getting UK channels. I have been here three months and having a bit of a nightmare? Is it possible to pick up Astra 2D?