Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
Yeah looked at that, but wanted a twin DVBS2x tuner plus a DVBb T2 tbh.
You can always use a USB T2 stick and have 3 Tuners? I use a PCTV 292e (not sure if this works on E2, will try it...) but there are other USB sticks that are 100% compatible.
DM900 will be delivered to me today :D We'll see what the difference is...
I'm sitting here patiently to find out what you think :) And also watching classified section to see how much the HD51 will be :-rofl2

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I'm sitting here patiently to find out what you think :) And also watching classified section to see how much the HD51 will be :-rofl2
Well, it's here... Hoping to get a couple of hours later to play with it.

Attachments

• 2018-03-09 12.27.05.jpg
    2018-03-09 12.27.05.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 2018-03-09 12.27.59.jpg
    2018-03-09 12.27.59.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 20

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Well, it's here... Hoping to get a couple of hours later to play with it.

Oooofft! New toys......love it, feels like Christmas at this point :):Y

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Well, it's my birthday...

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's not what I do on my birthday :ph34r:

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
Has anyone else noticed this on the box for the AX HD51 :-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2
1520744193756.png

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The DM900 is going back. I am copying and pasting this from what I sent in a conversation with Spoons.

The DreamOS based images are just about OK but the whole thing feels slow for some reason and the remote isn't that responsive and you really need to point it at the receiver. With the Mutant I can point it anywhere in the room and it will register it.

There are some other minor but highly annoying niggles. With DreamOS, there's no real possibility of setting automatic language for sound and subtitles look horrible - like they did in the very early days of Enigma2. I am sure there are plugins to work around these but meh... it should be like this out of the box!

The OE-A based images, such as OpenATV are somewhat better and are usable but some niggles, such as not being able to do GUI scaling is a huge one. The option is there but it adjusts the video behind it, rather than the GUI! As a result, with overscan switched on the TV, I am clipping GUI and with overscan off, I get crappy black bars and general rubbish around the edges. Second annoyance is that there's no way to switch on "black screen" during zap. It will keep the last played image instead of turning black. Again, there's an option for this on any other receiver but not here.

The unofficial OpenPli image is full of silly bugs, such as the right cursor button doesn't work on some menu items, so I have to use the left one to scroll through all the available options to come back to what I want.

It's going back and I am going to live with the slow lock issue on the HD51 - as that's the only issue with the Mutant. Which is a shame as the DM looks very well built, very sturdy and solid. Just the software side that lets it down. Massively.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
The DM900 is going back. I am copying and pasting this from what I sent in a conversation with Spoons.

The DreamOS based images are just about OK but the whole thing feels slow for some reason and the remote isn't that responsive and you really need to point it at the receiver. With the Mutant I can point it anywhere in the room and it will register it.

There are some other minor but highly annoying niggles. With DreamOS, there's no real possibility of setting automatic language for sound and subtitles look horrible - like they did in the very early days of Enigma2. I am sure there are plugins to work around these but meh... it should be like this out of the box!

The OE-A based images, such as OpenATV are somewhat better and are usable but some niggles, such as not being able to do GUI scaling is a huge one. The option is there but it adjusts the video behind it, rather than the GUI! As a result, with overscan switched on the TV, I am clipping GUI and with overscan off, I get crappy black bars and general rubbish around the edges. Second annoyance is that there's no way to switch on "black screen" during zap. It will keep the last played image instead of turning black. Again, there's an option for this on any other receiver but not here.

The unofficial OpenPli image is full of silly bugs, such as the right cursor button doesn't work on some menu items, so I have to use the left one to scroll through all the available options to come back to what I want.

It's going back and I am going to live with the slow lock issue on the HD51 - as that's the only issue with the Mutant. Which is a shame as the DM looks very well built, very sturdy and solid. Just the software side that lets it down. Massively.

Uft that's a bloody shame mate, GigaBlue not a viable option for you going forward?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I see, birthday's euphoria is gone and now you are angry :-lmao

Lol, Not good! The disappointment of waiting for something to be delivered and then find out its sub par/ not what you expected to be like.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Uft that's a bloody shame mate, GigaBlue not a viable option for you going forward?
Potentially. I'll stick with the Mutant for now and see what the new tuner behaves like with Vu+ 4K.

Yes, very annoying as I was looking forward to it but alas.

Dave5118

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m Gibertini with Inverto 5434 Unicable Hybrid LNB.
TBS 6903 with EBSPro
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Edision OS Nino Pro
Starsat 2000HD Hyper
Sky Q Silver
Sky minidish with Sky Q Hybrid LNB
My Location
Nr Manchester UK

Phew..... nearly ordered one of those last week, but decided to hang fire, glad I didn't now.
The slow lock issue, is it happening with everybody do you know, or just yours?
Does appear to be a popular box.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Phew..... nearly ordered one of those last week, but decided to hang fire, glad I didn't now.
The slow lock issue, is it happening with everybody do you know, or just yours?
Does appear to be a popular box.
The slow lock issue is on HD51 and I'd a osed driver issue specific to that box. No known fix at the moment. This is only when switching satellites with the motor - it doesn't happen otherwise (so not really a huge issue).

The DM doesn't have thud issue.

Dave5118

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m Gibertini with Inverto 5434 Unicable Hybrid LNB.
TBS 6903 with EBSPro
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Edision OS Nino Pro
Starsat 2000HD Hyper
Sky Q Silver
Sky minidish with Sky Q Hybrid LNB
My Location
Nr Manchester UK
Hmmm..... I tend to be moving the dish quite a lot when looking for specific feeds :unsure

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Potentially. I'll stick with the Mutant for now and see what the new tuner behaves like with Vu+ 4K.

Yes, very annoying as I was looking forward to it but alas.
What if you buy several types at the same time to try out, you would save a fortune on postage. :oops:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hmmm..... I tend to be moving the dish quite a lot when looking for specific feeds :unsure
In that case it will probably not be very suitable at this point for you. You'll get annoyed with this very quickly

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!

Well forget it then, I own the HD51 as well, Today I seen a feed for the Rugby listed on 12.5W so I choose one of the active Italian channels from the list the motor moved it there in seconds from 28E (Dark Motor Superior), Black screen, then I had to "wake it up" by pressing channel down onto yet another active channel, then it "cleared", then I was free to go into signal finder and scan for the feed. If you play hard ball and let it sit on the active channel until it decides to clear itself you can wait about 50 odd seconds, it's awful.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Also just being a pedantic b@$tard here but on the box ect the unit is shown as having silver feet, it doesn't, nor does the standby button have the standby symbol as shown either, it's just self coloured Black.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I never considered any Enigma 2 receiver to be suitable for any feed hunting. This is why I have the F15 - E2s are just too complicated and convoluted for feeds.