Which is the best, affordable meter for 2D in the fringe?

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Zorba said:
No video ...
"This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that "
?

Sorry, I corrected the video and thus it received a new link. It is now: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RMzExD2RqE

Cheers,
vma

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Just to update, now have two Rover STCs and one Rover S2 (bit of over kill, still have a spare and a spare for that). I prefer the S2 as the Noise Margin is to one decimal place where the STC is to whole DB (great for CH4HD alignment here on 1M dish), I prefer buttons (on S2) to the scrol wheel (STC). Also Noise Margin, MER and EVM are on one screen, not two as with the STC. Also glad I got a meter capable of HD measurements in DVB S2 format, now BBC HD has gone S2. Other HD broadcasts likely to end up on 2D in S2 - especially if Channel 4 get the chance of another transponder on there, or Channel 5 get to share an HD with the BBC. The only negative thing about Rover I think, is that they charge you alot of money to get the software to update transponder lists.

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
I have a sam-lite meter and I have been struggling to get my dish peaked properly as fine tuning is not easy, I have a 1.8m prodelin dish and an invacom/cmfeedhorn combo in Mallorca, a 60cm dish at home and various ones up to 1.2m at work in the uk . I am thinking of buying a satcatcher digipro excel tv mk 4 so I can peak it better . I have never used a spectrum before , how easy are they to use and are there enough instructions available in order for me to be able to peak my dish ?
Any help and suggestions will be great even if it's to buy a different meter .