Which is your preferred Viewer for PC satellite TV

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I have a geforce 3 titanium 200 which is getting a bit old these days in terms of graphics cards even though i didnt buy it that long ago but i do not think it has a tv out on it, to be honest i never really looked. Not sure what you mean by cloning rolf but when i update my graphics card with a tv out i will hopefully have a nice picture out to my tv from my skystar 2 :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The clone setting is part of the graphics software on the newer G Force cards, just means that you get an identical picture on the TV as you do on the monitor.

K

kalamar

s*t*a*r*m*a*n said:
Im using a pentium 3 450mhz with 640 megs of ram and i cannot use the skycard 2 on encrypted channels as it is just too intensive for the machine but im going to put a spare 128 megs more ram in that my brother cant use so maybe that will help but i recon it needs atleast your quoted 650mhz processor to run ok. I have the remote but have not actually got around to setting it up yet. I would have thought that you got the remote along with the ss2 card as a package?

How are you managing to pipe the signal into your tv? the skycard 2 does not have an output on it unless you bought a more expensive version of the card with tv out, im curious as i would like to output the tv signal to my tv if possible and with all these new graphic cards these days surely there must be a way to do it. I have the cheaper ss2 card with no tv out unfortunately but atleast i have the remote :D
I will swap your tv out for my remote control :) :)
if you have 640 MEGS of ram,more wont help you a bit,its the CPU that wont hack it,if you can find a faster P3 that would be your best way to go.and it might just be a plug-in affair.look up your mother board with google and see if it will take a faster CPU. an 850+ or so would be a big improvement.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thanks for that Kalamar :)
I am planning to upgrade to 64 bit at somepoint but it is on hold for the forseeable future. I think my board can go up maybe another 100 or 200 mhz but it probably can go up to 850mhz, i suppose a chip would not be too expensive these days.

K

kalamar

check out Ebay for a deal.

What is the name and model of your mother board ? maybe I have some info on it.

who knows if our 32 bit DVB apps will run on a 64 bit OS?

K

kalamar

Why does this blasted forum keep saying I just posted here when I hadn't posted here for many moons?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you post in a poll thread and yours is the last one, every time someone votes, the poll is lifted to the top of the forum and the last person to post is shown as having posted at that time, rather than the person who voted. :)

bonziwells

Reaction score
Hi mates !
I'm using both MT and ProgDvb for a while and the two of them are great. They are kind of completing each other.
Though, there's one single thing I haven't tested : after displaying channels and hearing radios, how can I read or may be dispaly the data stream chipped by a lot of prividers. Can anyone , rolfw or another mate tell me about it
Thanks.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
I had ProgDVB but recently changed to DVBDreams. Its much better now.

bonziwells

Reaction score
With Pinnacle PCTV and ProgDvb, how can we get the data channels in astra and hotbird ? thanks

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
The Good thing about DVBDream is: The recorded clips can be played on Windows Media Player.

ag10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
-
Jaffer said:
The Good thing about DVBDream is: The recorded clips can be played on Windows Media Player.

Forgive my ignorance, but why is that a good thing? I just play them on DVBDream (which, having tried a load of others, is by far my favourite) and they look OK to me. What's better about WMP?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
ag10 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but why is that a good thing? I just play them on DVBDream (which, having tried a load of others, is by far my favourite) and they look OK to me. What's better about WMP?
Well I suppose it's saving grace is that everyone has it.
A bit like ear wax.

ag10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
-
OK, I just wondered if it was better quality or something.

But what about editing the files? I can play the DVBDream files OK, but how can I edit them AND save them as mpg files? I've tried Roxio Movie Creator 5 but it won't even recognise the mpgs to load them, and other (free, of course) editors save with weird extensions that DVBDream (and other players, I think) won't play. Are the DVBDream files 'strange' mpegs?

Any ideas?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
There are one or two good threads here on converting/editing .mpg and .ts files etc. Have a read. Doom9.net also have a massive and excellent section on this.

xaaxa

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I am using RitzDVB almost exclusivly now it is very stable and works sometimes where ProgDVB fails.You all might want to try it version 0.4.36 . Has some nice channel icons too but they are not easy to install (icons)

papazulu

Reaction score
problem is programs likeprogdvb with timeshift,they kill themselves with temporary recording try dvbtn 15 light weight with low processor use h++p://dvbtn.h12.ru/

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
I was wondering why RitzDVB Is not included? Is it because it's not maybe not used tht much in Europe ? Works well here in NA. Missey.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
OK, have added RitzDVB

Llew