Which LNB is the best for 28E (no 2D)?

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
pedro2000uk said:
hi pipino...

have you got a link/source ...

cheers

hi m8,

here i collected few links regarding the matter

---> _http://avclub.gr/forum/archive/index.php/t-38326.html

---> _http://www.satclub-thueringen.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=9467&hilight=lypsi
---> _http://www.satclub-thueringen.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=9404

cheers

divibi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb-s pci card
85 cm offset dish
My Location
London
pipino said:
hi m8,
here i collected few links regarding the matter

Hi pipino,:)

Thank you for the links, m8:)
When the first link opens, the one with .gr - post number 2 is in English; it's the technical data summary. To me it seems like it's a flashy gimmicky gizmo, nothing really special but the looks. It looks expensive, so it becomes an object of desire, a new gadget. What sets it apart is that is its rubberized casing and cooling fins.
In the Thueringen satclub links, some members like Sat-Freak say it's no better than some very old LNBs, like Grundig.

And to my knowledge, Klaus Schummacher receives ASTRA with invacom lnb + invacom feedhorn; however he tested just about every lnb! So it means nothing when someone writes that it was tested on a 8m dish in Brazil. Whatever the INVACOM was the winner.
I don't think there has been any new news from Brazil for a year, at least. If it's true that Dr Dish has retired, we may never hear about Brazil any more. I wonder if Klaus Schummacher can get Astra 1M now. Maybe our friends Turok, Deepbluesky, DX Qwer could set us straight?

Is there any new news about the 8m dish in Brazil in the Satclub Thueringen board?:)

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
hi m8,
surely when we see this kind of reports we try to filter the reality of it ..i know the satclub board has a sponsor and it happen to be the owner of satshop24 ponny ,,i do sometimes think he is bias a little to make publicity of his shops products ..but anyway ..this is great because keeps us busy to find the perfect system..

regarding mr klaus schumacher ,i wonder if he is still alive even??...best regards :)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
thanks pipino also ..for those links...

I think we've seen it so many times with the limits on the way dro lnbs are made you become very sceptical (and we tried Hama video gear years ago too... oops).

But I did see the picture of results in the 3rd thread that showed the Sharp as number 2# and the hama number 1# with inverto & smart as 3# & 4# (unlocked... but better s/n ratio?) testing on 2D.

The Sharp's inclusion & as No. 2 is quite significant to me...... but the invacom's exclusion more so..

Using gold as the feed cover sounds interesting.. would have thought it would block more than plastic.

spongebob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Cheshire
Hi Pedro2000uk, sorry this is off this topic but I need to send you a PM and my privileges don't permit.

From your profile you seem to be located not very far from me and I could really use your expertise with my sat installation either on site or on the phone. Is there any way I can contact you please?

Cheers

spongebob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Cheshire
Cheers for that, how about it Rolfw please?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have already got the ability to send PMs, the forum has done it automatically.:)