Will the old Sky Cards be cut off

ziggyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Spain
Tivù said:
All activations of newly acquired Subs Cards, FreesatfromSky Cards, Package Changes etc require a signal to be sent On Air to your Box.

All such systems have limited traffic capacity - time of day (staffing), satellite bandwidth etc.

So a priority system is used.

eg Freesat customers get low priority.

All queuing systems have over-rides at various levels, triggered by eg Complaints, Technical difficulties, how loud the Customer shouts, etc. Whether they are Desmond Lynam ..... Actually that didn't help him when he couldn't view his Box Office event that he'd paid for.

Finally, although CS Agents may have some limited authority to raise priority in certain cases, it seems perfectly likely that a fob-off ploy would be to treat you as the only Customer that mattered then put two fingers up when you get off the phone.

In any event, keying in a request in real time isn't the same as that request being actioned by the techies ..............

Edit: In you previous Post you acknowledged you were told it could take up to 24 hours.

Thank you for that Tivu. 24 hrs are up and nothing so will have to phone back.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
ziggyblue said:
24 hrs are up and nothing so will have to phone back.

Sadly, that's the nub of it.

Let's hope they get it right this time :)

ziggyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Spain
Tivù said:
Sadly, that's the nub of it.

Let's hope they get it right this time :)

Phoned again still nothing. Tried a reset, still nothing. Certain now it is the box and have gone and bought a new one now. Thanks for all your help. It also looks like my old Spanish card has been cut off so hopefully no more payments on that one.