Will you be subscribing to Topup TV

revdig

Reaction score
Looks like I need to give the new system time to settle down before I start a subscription to Top Up TV. From the channel list, I can't see anything that looks worth the extra money.

Rev Dig

TheWood

Reaction score
I reckon they need to improve the line up before i would fork out the coinage.

EVERTONFC

Reaction score
Topup TV is a rip off. On the sky basic package you get all these channels and more for £10 a month. Ok you have to get a phone with that and have it for a year. With Topup TV you only get half of channnel. Like cartoon network 6 till 6. When I read the TV guide it is on till 10pm. Are you ripping us off? Yes they are. I got it to try £10 card and £7.99 for the first month and thats it. Soon we will hack it and get it for free like it should be for half of channel. Serves them right for ripping people off.

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
does anyone know what i would have to do to receive these channels?? i have have tv with ITV digital box built into it but the only way to insert a card into it is via the CI slot round the back??

Any ideas??

ngj26

Reaction score
My Location
Doncaster
Not on my nelly i will tell you i cannot belive people have paid for it they could have donated there money to this forum in stead of a crap topup tv :rolleyes:

robh0

Reaction score
If they got rid of the crapy radio stations on freeview wouldn't it free up more space for more TV channels. Who the hell wants there tele on just to listen to the radio.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
robh0 said:
Who the hell wants there tele on just to listen to the radio.
Well me for a start.

I listen to Rock FM on my TV through the digibox. In fact it's the only way I can listen to that station to my knowledge.

I also believe that there are an increasing number of people doing the exact same thing - using their digibox/TV combination to listen to adio channels.

It's not digital terrestrial I know but still relevant.

PaulR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I also listen to the radio on the Digibox and my Mum listens to radio4 on her Freeview box. The radio stations take up a relatively small amount of space compared to TV stations anyway.

alfin

Reaction score
robh0 said:
If they got rid of the crapy radio stations on freeview wouldn't it free up more space for more TV channels. Who the hell wants there tele on just to listen to the radio.
It is an excellant way to listen to radio.
Take the audio output and feed it to your hifi system and switch the tv off.
Radio 5 is a vast improvemnet on the AM radio version.

lasharratt

quiero un whippee
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500CI+, 90cm motorised by an IRTE Omiview motor, freeview.
My Location
Lancashire
i listen to the radio all the time on my freeview box seen as i cant get many through fm where i live

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
On the DreamBox you can listen to PCWorld, Makro, and Index Inhouse radio stations (get news on the bargains).

For some reason the 3 Asda ones are encoded!

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
top up tv? there is no way i would fork out £8 for that shite.i think its just another money maker for sky.let those without sky get a brief look-in at whats on offer,then fleece them later with some sort of subscription that they didnt want/watch anyway.i bought my mum in law one of these freeview boxes at xmas.what you get for free is well worth the £50 for the box.but the top up is nothing but a rip-off!!

TWAG

ps-lucky me gets a new toy tomorrow!!!! DREAMBOX :-)

powerviewer

Reaction score
NO. I subscribed for 3 weeks when it first started hoping that Discovery would show something interesting, the line up was repeating within 3 weeks.Why pay £8 to watch repeats???, I'll stick with Freeview only thank you.

They keep sending me emails to reconnect for free, they must be getting desperate, if I am anything to go by

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
freeview is only good if it stays thaqt way!!! FREE!!!!!!

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
The problem with Top Up Tv is it encourages people to think they don't need to get a dish to get extra channels.

Until people realise that the only way to get shed loads of free channels is by having nice big dishes (possibly with motors) then our planning laws will remain the same.

Tell anybody you meet that says "Have you heard about Top Up Tv" that you can get sheds of channels with a dish and FTA decoder, OK so many aren't in English, but what the hey, it's FREE

rapido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm
My Location
Hertfordshire
TV_From_The_Sky said:
The problem with Top Up Tv is it encourages people to think they don't need to get a dish to get extra channels.

Granted, but take my case into account. I don't have cable where I live, and my flat only faces west and it's rented anyway (so no chance of satellite), so I decided to take up the Top Up TV & Tele 2 offer (subscribe to both and get £70 cashback).

If I could have cable or satellite, then I wouldn't bother with Top Up TV, but UK Gold, Discovery and TCM for the equivalent of £4 or so a month is a good deal at the moment.

-rapido

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
rapido said:
I don't have cable where I live, and my flat only faces west and it's rented anyway (so no chance of satellite),

Fair comment Rapido. I too looked at the Tele2 TUTV deal, and very nearly succombed. But I plan to save the money for a motorised dish instead.

Perhaps in the future, if the government was committed to digital tv and broadband by satellite, your landlord would have to let you put up a dish.

My comments were of course completely tongue in cheek and intended to provoke a reaction.

frazzle05

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
topuptv has to be the biggest rip off, whats the point of adding it to freeview if it isnt free!!!!!!!! ( get my point)

for double that you can get the basic sky package and get about 200 channels including those given on topuptv as well as good music channels, entertainment channels,info channels, a few foreign chanels etc.

forget topuptv, world biggest rip-off

either that or get an astra analogue system for this year until it disappears to get half of sky pay channels free, + loads of foreign german, french, italien channels
+ German mature content channels...... lol :-)

nix0

Reaction score
powerviewer said:
They keep sending me emails to reconnect for free, they must be getting desperate, if I am anything to go by

I never gave them a valid email addy, but I get offers through the post like "pay for a year and the reconnection fee is waived"

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I need to find time to get going with my campaign with Trading Standards to get the name changed. The boxes are not 'freeview' boxes they are 'free and pay to view' boxes just as a SkyMultiadvert box is. The pay channels on so called freeview are extremely poor value for money and are a shocking waste of the slots that should be used to provide the Nation with free channels even if bunged up by ads. Lets not forget we are forced to pay a license to receive that stuff whether we watch it or not!