Yamal 402 at 54.9E

chucklebezza

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
39east and 19e when I want to see F1, using a tm1500ci
My Location
surrey
Anyone know what is the smallest dish required to get the EPL footy on MatchTV? I've got a 1 metre
motorised system and Ive just seen a 1.15 Metre dish, which I may get.

Cheers
 
I struggled to receive that with a 90cm Fibo dish in Somerset - a good 1.2m Channel Master (available on your favourite auction site) should be enough in Surrey.
 
Ive only ever had the merest sniff of the northern beam here with a 1.1m dish even in absolutely perfect atmospheric conditions. I gave up on 55E when the Euro beam was switched off. In Surrey a 1.5m might give you a chance although Id say you wouldnt have much rain fade
 
chucklebezza said:
Anyone know what is the smallest dish required to get the EPL footy on MatchTV? I've got a 1 metre motorised system and Ive just seen a 1.15 Metre dish, which I may get.

Of course what I'm picking up in my area,Romania,is not true for other location,including Surrey.But I think there are enough enthusiasts who want to find out about what they can be received on Yamal-402 in their area relative in my area with 150cm dish and lnb IBU.Here is a list of transponders which I found with EBS.Who knows,it may help...
 

Attachments

  • 54.9E_EBS-1_28-Dec-16 12-42-35 PM.webp
    54.9E_EBS-1_28-Dec-16 12-42-35 PM.webp
    140.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 54.9E_EBS-2_28-Dec-16 12-42-35 PM.webp
    54.9E_EBS-2_28-Dec-16 12-42-35 PM.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 19
Thank you all for your help, by the sound of it the 1.15 mtr dish I was contemplating would not be big enough.
 
Ive only ever had the merest sniff of the northern beam here with a 1.1m dish even in absolutely perfect atmospheric conditions. I gave up on 55E when the Euro beam was switched off

Have a try for 12531 H 2500 radio channels strong signal here, also 12522 V 27500 thats about all i get, 12716 match tv comes and goes,

12522 TB 41
sfdfdfd.webp
 
I have been fiddling with the settings for this satellte most of the afternoon.
First off, I was getting a lot of verticals from 57 East.I eliminated those from my scan ranges.
Next because it is a fringe satellite for me finding the best Longtitude setting was next.My longtitue should be 1.5 West.Using 0.1degree incriments between 1.1 and 1.5West 1.3 seems to be the best that I can do. 0.1 degree either way I loose DB or even some transponders.
So this is the best that I can do just now.
Sorry about going on a bit once I get going it takes some stopping.A bit like going to the Loo really. :)
TBS6983 100cm Dish.
54.9e3.webp
 
Never mind getting Match TV from this satellite, 4 transponders were switched off today. :(
12673 V (T2-MI), 12693 V (T2-MI), 12715 V (Match TV & Rossiya) and 12729 V (5 others).
 
So this is why I was scratching my head with these today! lol
Too bad since I only managed to semi-fix my orbital arc on my system this Tuesday, so I nearly had a chance to see these T2-Mi in action!
Anyway, I receive all the active Northern and Russian frequencies, some very marginally (I'll make a detailed report in the coming days).
12715V was very marginal @ 7.2db and 12693V was at 8.3db stable, I couldn't receive 12673, I think it was stopped before the switch off. 12729V used to be stronger, but was very marginal as well at 7db.
 
Wish they start more channels on the russian beam, as I m getting 11265v tp from russian beam in delhi. ;)
 
I wish that too, 11265 V is reliable here, 6...6.5 dB !

Can someone who has strong signals please check 12680 H, it is 7.0 dB here without lock.
I think it's new, not in satesco's scan above.

Edit: never mind, found on Lyngsat, will be a Gazprom data transponder (symb. 30000).
 
Last edited:
I am unable to get a lock on 11345v tp, also on the russian beam. :confused

May be bcoz 11265 is dvb-s
11345 is dvbs2
 

Attachments

  • 11265 V.webp
    11265 V.webp
    64 KB · Views: 9
  • 11345 v.webp
    11345 v.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 6
Acc to this, 11345 has 17.2 dbW beam power and 11265 has 15.9 dbw.

Still unable to get 11345v.



RWKkxhD.jpg
 
hvdh. 12682H 30000
 

Attachments

  • 12680 H 30000.webp
    12680 H 30000.webp
    82.2 KB · Views: 7
12680 H
Cant seem to find a TP with those parameters.

There a tp 12685H 30000, but ts 16APSK
 
Back
Top