Yes!!!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Tonight's game was the ugliest, nastiest, sh!ttiest game we have been involved in all season. It was also the most important win and the best feeling I've had after a match since we knocked the Arse out of the CL.

Fantastic.

We were bullied and kicked off the park, but we stood up tall and defined the difference between the footballing elite and the dross at the bottom of the league. I hope they get relegated, and take the disgraceful Savage down with them. Scrapping for the ball is one thing, but forcing the opposition to pull out of every midfield challenge for fear of having their legs broken is something else.

I used to think that Dickoff was OK, but after watching that, I hope that John Terry catches hold of him in the car park. Maggot.

That made Arsenal/ManU look like a friendly tea party... :) :) :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome to the big time, Chelsea!
The thing is, you will find that many teams will play much harder against you than ever before, especially if you win the PL.
When Manchester play Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal, Newcastle and any other team from the north it is like a world war. Chelsea, being the nice cosmopolitan "nearly" team did not arouse these sort of feelings before, maybe Spurs and Arsewhinger games were a bit charged. But now you better get used to it. Won't get better either...prepared to get kicked and hated.

Not wanting to help Chelsea too much (I know Jose & Roman are members of this board, they watch TV Cabo and Russian stuff with a motorised Dreambox, they watch TPS and MV8 all the time trying desperately to find new ways of distributing Russias national wealth to poor continental football clubs ;-) ) , but you got to keep concentrating on the football and not get drawn into the same mould as your friendly french neighbours. Other than Drogba (who behaves as if he could slot right into the Whinger team) I haven't seen any Chelsea player yet with those bad attitudes, and I hope it stays like it for the sake of the game. Unless the rumours about Arshlochy Cole are true...in which case you are doomed!!

P.S. I am not sure about tea party, maybe a cold soup & pizza buffet for the Arse?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
Welcome to the big time, Chelsea!
The thing is, you will find that many teams will play much harder against you than ever before, especially if you win the PL.
When Manchester play Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal, Newcastle and any other team from the north it is like a world war. Chelsea, being the nice cosmopolitan "nearly" team did not arouse these sort of feelings before, maybe Spurs and Arsewhinger games were a bit charged. But now you better get used to it. Won't get better either...prepared to get kicked and hated.

LOL, maybe you don't understand where we came from m8. It wasn't exactly Earl Grey tea and cucumber sandwiches in the old second division... most of us fans have only just adopted and upright walking posture...

A few years ago, Paul Dickoff would have been spending the rest of the evening in casualty.

O-Ha

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL, maybe you don't understand where we came from m8. It wasn't exactly Earl Grey tea and cucumber sandwiches in the old second division... most of us fans have only just adopted and upright walking posture...O-Ha

Well, I wasn't going back that far, sort of looking at the last 10 years or so since the PL started :D . You got to admit though that Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Hoddle etc are more connected with the "beautiful" game? (I deliberately left out that little ork Wise because he would seriously dent my argument :p )

P.S you call that upright walking??? Only when your head is held above yer nuts can you consider it upright ({})

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:D Sometimes the second division only seems like yesterday. Dennis may have been a menace, but he played his part.

Laughed my pants of when JT picked Dick-boy up by his chesthair O-Ha

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
BGonaSTICK said:
:D Sometimes the second division only seems like yesterday. Dennis may have been a menace, but he played his part.

Laughed my pants of when JT picked Dick-boy up by his chesthair O-Ha

Have to say the best entertainment I had in recent years is when Sparky, Vialli and Zola linked up and stuffed Arse's defence......even after the ref awarded the goal Adams still had his well practiced arm vertical in the air for an offside! There were a couple of shocks for Man U too!

dago

Reaction score
t_g; as a real madrid supporter, i seriously believe there should be intant

replays, maybe then, your players might actually decide to play football
rather than one upmanship in cheating.#, or bring in foreign ref for the big
matches, some one like molina.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
waverider said:
Have to say the best entertainment I had in recent years is when Sparky, Vialli and Zola linked up and stuffed Arse's defence......even after the ref awarded the goal Adams still had his well practiced arm vertical in the air for an offside! There were a couple of shocks for Man U too!

I must say, I did like that Chelsea team, especially I was always a fan of Vialli even from his pre-Chelsea time.

Regarding Tony Adams: He used to be described as a Donkey, but in a way I did have respect for him, at least he was an honest type player compared to the current crop of schnorkelers...

And finally:
dago said:
your players might actually decide to play football
rather than one upmanship in cheating

First of all, lets look at the diving/cheating issue a bit deeper(just as a football fan):
There never used to be a real diving culture problem in the English game, it only started to appear once we got a lot of continental players in the PL. Before you start getting upset, I believe the introduction of those Chelsea players at the time was a good thing as the general quality of English football got improved by it. I myself hate cheating, and I don't like it when it happens, even if it is from my own team. The theatrics of some of the players in the continental leagues makes me want to puke. An example from our own league: Tal ben Hayyim - Rooney. The way he rolled, better be playing Macbeth on stage.
How about Porto in the CH league last year??? Falling over like flies.

Now more specificly the Arsewhinger team of syncronised divers:
Now there is a team which has fully adapted to the mentality of diving, cheating, whingeing and then accusing everybody else. Only during this season there were numerous incidents where there was clearcut diving. Especially at fault were Pirez, Cole and Vierira.
With Manchester, there was one infamous incident (Rooney) in the box where there was a diving accusation. Now - when a striker is in the box and the defender sticks out a leg, there is usually a problem. Michael Owen is a good example of a striker who has perfected the art of drawing fouls from defenders in the box at the lightest touch. Good for him. Defenders should be careful not to stick out knees and legs. The Rooney one probably was not completely cosher, I admit. But then he is young, I hope he learned from it.
The diving of Viera and Cole in the last game really upset me, because they were purely designed to get a player sent off, especially upsetting when not even in the 16 box.. What pisses me off is that they whinge about Rooney and Ruud, calling them cheaters and 2 minutes later they are doing it themselves in a most blatant way. Disgrace....
Then there are the examples of young Robben and young Ronaldo: They are one of the most fouled players because they are very very fast, and very hard to stop. Both of these did get down easy at times, but then again when you are running very fast it is easy to loose balance. I think both players have adjusted now and with Ronaldo at least it looks to me he is trying to stay longer on his feet than before (can't say about Robben as I did not watch that many Chelsea games).

Bringing in refs from outside of England will not be the answer, same as instant replays. I don't want to slow the game down. I would use instant replays only in very special cases, such as goals/balls over the line issues. Even in a stop and go game like American Football they don't use it other than 2 times for each team (maybe a system worth thinking about?). Every manager gets once every half the chance to "use" a replay for an incident.
Another option would be to have 2 more assistent refs behind each of the goals.
Third solution: The FA will give out yellow and red cards after the games for blatant dives. That will surely stop most of it.

Morhinio was saying after the Blackburn game that he admires the English game and the toughness of it, he was not whingeing too much about it. Well done mate, keep it like this!
I can imagine what the Arse whould have said....

But then again when you are 11 points clear you can be calm :-ohmy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
dago said:
t_g; as a real madrid supporter, i seriously believe there should be intant

replays, maybe then, your players might actually decide to play football
rather than one upmanship in cheating.#, or bring in foreign ref for the big
matches, some one like molina.

I think that Pierre Luigi Colina is the best ref. on the planet, and we should have him cloned and use him for every Premiership match.

As for video replays, they should stay on the Playstation. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
BGonaSTICK said:
I think that Pierre Luigi Colina is the best ref. on the planet, and we should have him cloned and use him for every Premiership match.

As for video replays, they should stay on the Playstation. :)

Totally agree BG......gone off Graham pole as he's an Arsenal Supporter!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
I think that Pierre Luigi Colina is the best ref. on the planet, and we should have him cloned and use him for every Premiership match.. :)

Can we name him Collie then? Määääähhhh