Yes!!!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Please feel free to express your opinions, but respect the right of others to do the same. Flaming will not be tolerated here.

philh

Knowledge is power.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amstrad Digibox and zone 2 dish.

Technomate 1500ci+, 90cm motorised dish on a very thick pole!
My Location
Leeds
I think you all know the mighty whites LUFC will be back in business in a couple of years and you will all be running scared! I just hope we dont beat Arsenal at Highbury again to stop them winning the title from Manure.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
king09 said:
why dont you just shut it .palace made arsenal look like a div1 side and we will get man u as well

and we will be glade all over baby

Dear King

Whatever your views, fine. Post them here, no problem. But remember one thing: This forum will not degrade to the style of other football forums where fans go down to the level of abusing each others, calling each other names, questioning each other credentials as men, fans or human beings as well as relling them to shut up.
You can write your feelings about teams or players, managers or clubs, but do not get personal with other members here. I find this point very important, and I am sure all members and moderators here agree with me.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well, was a hard game against Chelsea, and as usual a bit of arguing afterwards. But I must say these things:
1) Result was fair
2) Game was fair
3) Ref was poor

I thought the ref gave Chelsea the benefit of being the home team. Morhinio has been complaining about the ref being influenced by SAF, but the statistics show there were 19 incidents, and 10 of those went for Chelsea. I feel he has been eqally bad for both sides.

Result was good for MANU, especially after last weeks fiasco.

And to finish it off: When you compare Chelsea with Arsenal, it shows how the mentality of Chelsea players is much better. The only one I felt was a bit over the top was Drogba, from the minute he came on all he did was waving his arms around like a scarecrow complaining about everything. The yellow card with Ronaldo was deserved for both, but Drogba should calm down.
Other than that, good manly game of the two best teams in EPL.

The return should be interesting, by then I hope Saha will be completely up to speed.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
Well, was a hard game against Chelsea, and as usual a bit of arguing afterwards. But I must say these things:
1) Result was fair
2) Game was fair
3) Ref was poor

I thought the ref gave Chelsea the benefit of being the home team. Morhinio has been complaining about the ref being influenced by SAF, but the statistics show there were 19 incidents, and 10 of those went for Chelsea. I feel he has been eqally bad for both sides.

Result was good for MANU, especially after last weeks fiasco.

And to finish it off: When you compare Chelsea with Arsenal, it shows how the mentality of Chelsea players is much better. The only one I felt was a bit over the top was Drogba, from the minute he came on all he did was waving his arms around like a scarecrow complaining about everything. The yellow card with Ronaldo was deserved for both, but Drogba should calm down.
Other than that, good manly game of the two best teams in EPL.

The return should be interesting, by then I hope Saha will be completely up to speed.

Yep, I can agree with just about all of that, except the bit about the ref. I actually thought he had a very good game, and let things go when possible.

I agree about Drogba. Wally. The ball-grabbing/throw-in thing with Ronaldo was equally embarrasing for both players, but I think Drogba 'started it'.

Very good game, and I think Chelsea had the upper hand/more chances, and at home, they should have put one of them away. They didn't though, and that was a mistake. The return match should be equally good as you say.

I think our quality will see you off at OT though. Certainly if it goes to penalties, and you still have that muppet in goal!!!!

STICK

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
I think our quality will see you off at OT though. Certainly if it goes to penalties, and you still have that muppet in goal!!!!

STICK

Which one of them??? :p Actually can't believe the keeper situation. I mean Chelsea got two good keepers, and Manu can't find a good one since PEter the great left...I think we gone through 7, 8 keepers and none was really top quality. Considering the clean sheets we got (including the Sours one) it is almost magic....

The return game should be a cracker, but I predict a red win, this is probably our chance of glory this season, so...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I had only a passing interest just to see who we will meet at The Millenium Stadium.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Hmmmm...Man U will be introduced to Morientes tomorrow, I wonder what the outcome will be?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Fergie will talk to the ref at half-time and Morientes will be booked for diving, despite it being a stonewall pen.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
waverider said:
Hmmmm...Man U will be introduced to Morientes tomorrow, I wonder what the outcome will be?

Well, he got the best introduction to english football.
Ref was very trigger happy... I was happy to see that not only ManU have dodgy geepers, Dudek must be having nightmares playing against us...He is still fonly remembered for the Two Forlan goals some time ago...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You thought he was bad, did you see Almunia?!?!?!?! :eek:

SHOCKING!!!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I watched the goal that he received yesterday, and I must say I am not sure I understand why he was to blame for this one. The cross was all the way from the left side of the pitch, and the goal keeper has to stand close to the left side of the goal in that situation. The cross went all the way past the right goalpost, and I think it would be impossible for any goalkeeper to have reached that. Maybe he should not have tried to get the cross but to run up to the post and try to stop the header....In any case, the goal he let in at OT, now that was a beauty...
I suppose with the new balls it sems more keepers are having these terrible slip ups, or maybe it is that the pressure of the game is getting higher and higher.

Also, I see the Pizzasoupgate incident has flared up again, this time with the story that the Arsewhinger apparently was sprinting at Fergie with raised arms. It gets better every day...I just would almost kill to be able to see what really went on there, the stuff soap operas are made from!
It seems the pressure is getting to him, he now is saying he will never answer another question about SAF :p Now somehow that does not sound like him at all or is he just pi**ed off he is looking at 3rd place.

And finally: Dear Jose M. seems to show signs of pressure, his outburst against the ref and SAF was just a bit too tense. Or is he playing games??? All I can say about this: Maybe he is as good as he thinks he is, but on the other hand he still got stuff to learn. He is talking himself up a lot, the fall will hurt more that way. I can't help thinking that when the problems start (and they will one day, no doubt about it) he will be "getting" it. The press will be having a feast on him. I am not sure that he is going to be here for many years....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
Well, I watched the goal that he received yesterday, and I must say I am not sure I understand why he was to blame for this one. The cross was all the way from the left side of the pitch, and the goal keeper has to stand close to the left side of the goal in that situation. The cross went all the way past the right goalpost, and I think it would be impossible for any goalkeeper to have reached that. Maybe he should not have tried to get the cross but to run up to the post and try to stop the header....

I meant generally. He looked a real liability, and I think he really should have got back to the far post and punched that one away for the goal.

T_G said:
Also, I see the Pizzasoupgate incident has flared up again, this time with the story that the Arsewhinger apparently was sprinting at Fergie with raised arms. It gets better every day...I just would almost kill to be able to see what really went on there, the stuff soap operas are made from!
It seems the pressure is getting to him, he now is saying he will never answer another question about SAF :p Now somehow that does not sound like him at all or is he just pi**ed off he is looking at 3rd place.......

Yes, priceless isn't it. LMAO, a script-writer couldn't have done a better job.
I love it, and I hope the story runs and runs. I think it's the pizza/soup that makes it so funny!!!

T_G said:
And finally: Dear Jose M. seems to show signs of pressure, his outburst against the ref and SAF was just a bit too tense. Or is he playing games??? .......

... of course he's playing games. It's simply part of being the top team. You have to compete on all levels, and if playing stupid mind games, and applying subtle pressure to the referees for the next game is part of that, then he has surely joined the Fergie/Whinger club.

It's all so transparent, I'm surprised any of it has any effect, but I think it's time that Fergie was not the only manager that can alter the result of games by shouting the odds. Maybe Chelsea will get as much injury time as it takes to equalise from now on too!!!

T_G said:
He is talking himself up a lot, the fall will hurt more that way. I can't help thinking that when the problems start (and they will one day, no doubt about it) he will be "getting" it. The press will be having a feast on him. I am not sure that he is going to be here for many years....

Oh, I think he's more than ready for that. He knows it's a game, and he knows he'll get slagged off when it starts to slip. You can also be sure that he has a response to that already lined up. It's a game, just like football. It's not clever, in fact it's extremely childish, but I think that if he's going to stick around for a while, he may as well kick the sh!t out of Fergie while he's at it.

After all, he will surely stay for ten years. Why would he leave the best team on the planet?

Everyone else are just also-rans for the forseeable future I'm afraid.

History counts for nothing. Money talks.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Viva La Chelsea!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Those Rooney goals had me almost in tears!!!
Man, when he grows up he is going to be really good!
I hope he got a few more left in his right boot for the game on Tuesday.

With a bit of luck I will be back posting here on Tuesday :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I can't remember when the last time was I was so tense! Wow, Ronaldo is really starting to do what I always knew he could! O'Shea is becoming an attacking midfield player and the Rooney future just looks great. Next season there are going to be sparks flying from those 2 teenagers!

It was a pity Silvestre was red-carded, because up to that point it was quite a good game. After that it was only going to be one thing, Arse attack and Manu defend. What exactly was going on there? The replay didn't really show it...

The 4th goal was really a bonus....

I am sure tomorrow the papers are going to be full of Arse players accusing the world and anyone for their loss, including the ref (which I thought was as homely as one could be without being over the top. A few yellows too many), the weather, Alex Ferguson for chewing and the currency exchange rate. :D

O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good game to watch for the neutral. Had just about everything.

You can be sure there'll be lots of bitching tomorrow...

Bit of a no-lose situation for me :)

BTW, Graham Poll is a solid gold T$%T.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
May I add: The look on Whigers face was worth it, I tell you. Priceless...

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
May I add: The look on Whigers face was worth it, I tell you. Priceless...

Bet you glued to the box tonight T_G for any slip ups. Hey

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
john_graydon said:
Bet you glued to the box tonight T_G for any slip ups. Hey

Damn that Dickov!! :D That fouling git scored against United, but misses a penalty against Chelsea...Ah well, next time maybe.
Chech must be the best goalkeeper in the game (even though I can't complain about Carrol, even with his occasional wobble he still has a good record.)