Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I'd love a 1.2 CM in the UK, I think that would be my ideal size as it's not too big but enough for decent Nordic reception. My current cheap 90cm setup is just a bit too small in bad weather.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I'd love a 1.2 CM in the UK, I think that would be my ideal size as it's not too big but enough for decent Nordic reception. My current cheap 90cm setup is just a bit too small in bad weather.

Keep an eye out on eBay as there's bound to be one, you could get for not much money or see if you can get one of the cm 1m tooway vsat dishes to replace your 90 cm dish with and a black ultra lnb.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Timo, I have a spare 1.2m CM lying around, doing nothing. Also, a 1m CM doing the same. Also have a fixed Az/El mount and pole for it if you're interested?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Keep an eye out on eBay as there's bound to be one, you could get for not much money or see if you can get one of the cm 1m tooway vsat dishes to replace your 90 cm dish with and a black ultra lnb.
Before I send too much time and money I'll wait and see what Thor 7 will be like later this year. SES 5 is already out of reach but currently doesn't have anything of interest to me so haven't worried about it.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Timo, I have a spare 1.2m CM lying around, doing nothing. Also, a 1m CM doing the same. Also have a fixed Az/El mount and pole for it if you're interested?
Will a 1.2 fit in a Discovery?! I could be interested...

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Does he have any 1.8m CM's still left in stock? ;)
No sorry CJ there was a metal 1.2 ish dish it will be a good one, I will ask when I pop back he is going to loan me an expensive stb that he says opens 4.2.2 feeds with blind scan ?,

@ wod. Are you going to get the 1.2 back up at some point, did you not have it at low level a few years ago ?.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
No sorry CJ there was a metal 1.2 ish dish it will be a good one, I will ask when I pop back he is going to loan me an expensive stb that he says opens 4.2.2 feeds with blind scan ?,

@ wod. Are you going to get the 1.2 back up at some point, did you not have it at low level a few years ago ?.

I've never had it up, started off with a 90cm channel master on my 1224 motor then bought a new cm tooway 1m on eBay and swapped it over.

Then saw a cheap 1.2m I bought but can't fit it due to dish above gutter on house and it's awkward on my current ladders, need a platform type thing to stand on to sort it out.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I've never had it up, started off with a 90cm channel master on my 1224 motor then bought a new cm tooway 1m on eBay and swapped it over.

Then saw a cheap 1.2m I bought but can't fit it due to dish above gutter on house and it's awkward on my current ladders, need a platform type thing to stand on to sort it out.
I am not sure how far away from me you are wod, but if your not too far and need a hand getting it in place at some point just let me know:).

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I've managed to locate a pole today just got to go and take it down and cut it to size:).
DSC_4527.jpg DSC_4528.jpg DSC_4529.jpg DSC_4530.jpg

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi, I am hoping to get a different pole to the one above delivered tomorrow if all goes to plan, its only 3.5 inch in diameter but with a thick 5mm wall, after closer inspection of the one above it is corroding inside out,

Tbh the pole has been holding me up and I've not been in any rush to finish the mount, you can imagine the price of a heavy duty 15ft pole, but after weeks of looking and asking I have managed to locate one at a very reasonable price,

I will be sleeving the top of the new pole up to 4.5 inch and bracing it to the wall so it will still be very sturdy,

If all goes to plan and the pole arrives I will be installing it over the weekend and all hands back on sorting out the mount,

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Martin! You should try to turn your camera 90* :D
5mm walls is very good pipe. You know that pipes also available made of INOX.... they look nice and also good for pole-dancing, in case you make some party :-party1

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I did post them the correct way up rima, but for some reason the forum would not put them the correct way, I am unsure if it was something to do the camera rotation on the mobile,

My funds would not stretch to INOX, and me and the wife are not into pole dancing no more:(,

The pole I have got is 20ft so the extra 5ft that's not needed I will make a ground stand for testing the mount, before it goes to its final resting place.

I don't want to be lifting the dish up and down if I need to mod/alter something.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Martin, where did you get the 4.5" pole? They are hard to find and those that do exist cost the earth....

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi CJ, the pole is 3.5 inch, you can get lamp posts etc that's 4.5, just keep a look out for one being pulled out, and offer him a few $ to drop it you off,

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Everyone knows the heartache I suffered when Christinas pole rusted through and she blew over in a gale..
That was a high pressure gas pipe with 0.6 mm walls approx. 4.5 inches diameter..
No way I was going through that again ..so filled the new one which was almost a 1cm wall with sand and oil ..
Top 2 feet plugged with expanding foam...then capped.
3 layers of Hamerite primer ..and 3 layers of hamerite smooth..then..
sealed both ends and bound at ground level with tar backed dpc sheeting and aquasealed ...
Yes it rusted from the inside out ..but took almost 20 years to eat it away..
Chistinas new pole will outlast me ...of that I'm certain
rgds
VS

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I am over safety conscious Evan :)

Sorry to here about your tragedy :(.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi, I have just taken delivery of the pole, I am very pleased with it, its 16.5ft long 5mm wall 3.5 inch in diameter and galvanised well on top of the job :).
DSCN5736.JPG DSCN5737.JPG DSCN5738.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN5739.JPG
    DSCN5739.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 39

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
How will you use it to accommodate the 4.5" mount?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi, I am hoping to get a different pole to the one above delivered tomorrow if all goes to plan, its only 3.5 inch in diameter but with a thick 5mm wall, after closer inspection of the one above it is corroding inside out,

Tbh the pole has been holding me up and I've not been in any rush to finish the mount, you can imagine the price of a heavy duty 15ft pole, but after weeks of looking and asking I have managed to locate one at a very reasonable price,

I will be sleeving the top of the new pole up to 4.5 inch and bracing it to the wall so it will still be very sturdy,

If all goes to plan and the pole arrives I will be installing it over the weekend and all hands back on sorting out the mount,
As above CJ :).

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
:) how will it be sleeved?