Advice Needed Simple & Effective Card or Box for Feeds

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...
ok, i've decided its between the gibertini 1m and the ally orbital 1m,
think im better going for quality instead,
seen the ally orbital 1m for £63 including delivery and i need to find out the best price for the gibterini,
the gibertini is suppose to be cheaper importing it from germany...

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yes, get the Gibby. You won't go wrong with it.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Certainly a standard 1M Gibertini is cheaper supplied by the shop in Germany I bought mine from (HM Sat) than a supplier I just found in the UK. HM Sat is quite dear with card charges and carriage though. I'd try and do some price comparisons including delivery first.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
Yes, get the Gibby. You won't go wrong with it.

Certainly a standard 1M Gibertini is cheaper supplied by the shop in Germany I bought mine from (HM Sat) than a supplier I just found in the UK. HM Sat is quite dear with card charges and carriage though. I'd try and do some price comparisons including delivery first.

the gibertini from germany including delivery and cc charges is about £75 at the current exchange rate,
my biggest worry is that if it comes with dents etc,
its going to be a bit of a headache,
on the flip side of that a forum member has used the company many times with no issues and
did mention that the dishes come very well packed when shipped over...

the aluminium orbital dish is £63 including deliver from a UK seller,
it includes a lifetime warranty, i did ask the seller whats the lifetime warranty cover exactly
this was the reply i got....
'The lifetime warranty covers the powder coating on the dish plus failure of any of the fixings/brackets under normal use, it does not cover accidental, malicious damage or damage due to extreme weather conditions.'

whichever dish i get im planning to keep for a long time,
so i just want to make it count....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I used HM sat recently with absolutely no problems

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
I used HM sat recently with absolutely no problems

what did you get mate?
if you dont mind me asking....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I bought a 24" heavy duty jack and another 8" one.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
I bought a 24" heavy duty jack and another 8" one.

i've noticed by your avatar, that you do love your big dishes mate! lol :)

you ever ordered any dishes from them?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I haven't but like you also heard... others have without problems. My avatar dish is only a 1.2m...no room for anything bigger.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Coincidentally, the dish you see cost me £70 from eBay including a ground mount, a jack and a polar mount. Transported it on the roof rack on my Peugeot 406.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
Coincidentally, the dish you see cost me £70 from eBay including a ground mount, a jack and a polar mount. Transported it on the roof rack on my Peugeot 406.

now thats a bargain, must have been a bit of a mission putting that on the roof rack lol
whats the biggest dish you've had CJ?

by the way im hoping the skybox f5s will be with me either tomorrow or saturday,
my existing dish is a bit out, so i need to realign and tweak it ...

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
I think I got my Gibertini from HM Sat about 2008, it came well packed and had no defects or dents. I used it on my motor for over a year and it now forms part of my multi sat set up (for 5W, 7W and 12.5W), hasn't shown any sign of wear or rust and is easy to adjust.

I bought my VU+ and Vantage receivers, my motor and various diseqc switches and multi LNB brackets from HM Sat. Their service and delivery was exemplary. I'm sure they will have the odd problem from time to time but that could be true of any firm. You can't go far wrong with them.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
I think I got my Gibertini from HM Sat about 2008, it came well packed and had no defects or dents. I used it on my motor for over a year and it now forms part of my multi sat set up (for 5W, 7W and 12.5W), hasn't shown any sign of wear or rust and is easy to adjust.

I bought my VU+ and Vantage receivers, my motor and various diseqc switches and multi LNB brackets from HM Sat. Their service and delivery was exemplary. I'm sure they will have the odd problem from time to time but that could be true of any firm. You can't go far wrong with them.

thanks for your feedback about hm sat,
but your right the odd problem can happen by chance,
what made you pick the brick red colour? lol

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
now thats a bargain, must have been a bit of a mission putting that on the roof rack lol
whats the biggest dish you've had CJ?

Not really, was quite OK, actually. The edges of the dish only just about outsize the width of the roof. I transported several 1.2m dishes - a couple of Channel Masters, a 1.2m Precision prime focus dish and a Fibo 120, which I picked up for £50. There's a long thread on it, though some pictures are missing.

Fibo is the largest one I have as it measures about 1.37m from top to bottom... it's generally slightly larger than the Channel Master and performs a little better.

IMAG0438.jpg DSCN3607-1.jpg

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
Not really, was quite OK, actually. The edges of the dish only just about outsize the width of the roof. I transported several 1.2m dishes - a couple of Channel Masters, a 1.2m Precision prime focus dish and a Fibo 120, which I picked up for £50. There's a long thread on it, though some pictures are missing.

Fibo is the largest one I have as it measures about 1.37m from top to bottom... it's generally slightly larger than the Channel Master and performs a little better.

View attachment 57594 View attachment 57593

thats one really nice fibo! :)

so from all the dishes you had what would you say is your favourite?

last night i thought i'd defo go for a 1 meter quality dish,
and was swaying towards the gibertini 1 meter,
i was even thinking of ordering it today from hm sat,
but now im not too sure to be honest,
that eurostar dish is very tempting especially because its 1.2m and isnt that heavy at all,
and i can pick it up locally too...
theres not much in it when it comes to cost,
id just be a bit gutted if i upgrade from 90cm to 1meter and not notice a lot of difference,
just a matter of making the right decision...

the skybox f5s still hasnt arrived yet,
maybe i might wait till i get that to decide what i should do when it comes to the dish,
after all im not in a rush....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The Fibo is my favourite but I regard my Channel Master highly as well as it gets more or less the same channels that Fibo does but is more suited for C band. And I can have more than one LNB on it... unless you're *very* good with mechanics.

I would say that you won't see THAT much difference between a 90cm and a 1m - might be a little disappointing. That said, I would still urge you to consider a better quality 1.2m dish. The performance might be good initially but if it's built out of leaves (thin metal) then a gust of wind might deform it easier than, say a Channel Master...which will never break. Even Fibos are prone to warping. Cheaper dishes also tend to rust quicker - depending on if the dish's metal is galvanised or not. If it's aluminium, then you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Just don't spend money now, only to find that you need to spend more money to replace it at a later date.

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
Just don't spend money now, only to find that you need to spend more money to replace it at a later date.

agree 100% DO NOT waste your money on a cheap 1.2m dish either go with the gibby or orbital 1m or save up and go for the gibby 1.25m or scoure E*** for a second hand CM/ANDREW 1.2m with PM/JACK combo. orbital dishes are good quality for the price as are 1m gibbys. ive found the difference between a 1m and 1.2m dish isnt that much in DB terms about 1.5 to 2.0 db dependant on transmission techniques but saying that it can make all the difference in poor weather or for those weak ob feeds on whether you get a lock/stable picture on your screen. imo if you dont want to spend a great deal then get the 1m gibertini