The Optimistic Spring/Summer 2014 Thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Not sure if she's realised that Bud is missing but we are trying to keep her occupied...

Although a bit late now, it's usually best for companion cats to see the deceased cat shortly after death for them to realise that their companion had moved on, when we last lost a cat (a Siamese we called Megan, died of old age), we left her for a short while where the cats could all see her, and when we buried her they didn't seem too upset as they have their own way of knowing that another has passed on...

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
We didn't even see Bud after the accident and didn't want to - some things are best left unseen I think :( We are having him cremated and will scatter the ashes at my in-laws' garden - he liked it there.

Funnily enough, I also had a cat called Megan. A moggy but one of the cleverest cats I've known. Hit and killed by a car at a tender age of 1 :( I don't seem to have a good track record of keeping my pets alive....

2cv, was the Siamese loud? Both our Burmese are so persistently yowly, it really gets on my nerves sometimes and I am told Siamese's "meow" is even worse...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
2cv, was the Siamese loud? Both our Burmese are so persistently yowly, it really gets on my nerves sometimes and I am told Siamese's "meow" is even worse...

For a Siamese she was relatively "quiet", but when she got going the whole street knew, our previous Siamese (called Jake) was a proper howler though, big mouthed and loud, but not having heard a Burmese in person I couldn't say whether he was worse or better than a Burmese...

They do make good burglar alarms though, when we were broken into once, Megan started howling away at the intruder, only we were all asleep so didn't really notice, some siamese cats have been known to chase down and attack them too, but Meg wasn't that brave, thankfully... o_O

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Winter in summer conditions??

A busy Yorkshire road was closed by police for five hours on Saturday - after a lorry dropped its entire load of instant mashed potato.
Moisture caused the instant granules to soon swell up, turning the road into a mashed potato slide, with cars skidding across the surface.
Police described the road as being 'like an ice rink', and were forced to shut the A64 near Malton in both directions.
It took fire crews, police and the Highways Agency five hours to clear the mess using snow ploughs and high-pressure hoses.

Regards

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...es-yorkshire-road-for-five-hours-9554812.html

:-rofl2

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
It took fire crews, police and the Highways Agency five hours to clear the mess using snow ploughs and high-pressure hoses.

Presumably there were no forks or sausages available

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Seems no bangers with the mash were reported. ( only bangers were possibly the cars )

Regards

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
And they say snow ploughs only get used in the winter... :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Who's switched off the sun? I was enjoying having my skin burnt by it... :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Nice to wake up to some sunshine again :-bighappy

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Must have had heavy rain last night as my previously empty Water Butt is now brimmed!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I woke up to a very heavy downpour, but it was about 2pm... :-rofl2

I need to plumb in some water butts, it's just getting the butts in the first place... :-doh

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The umpteenth day in a row with searing heat by 9am: Just been out to mow the lawn whilst the dew is still around and I'm wringing with sweat.

Couldn't bear it much hotter on a regular basis >> Thank heavens for England's generally temperate climate.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Has been like that here for more than a couple of weeks now...tempered on occasion by thunderstorms. It's not making it easy to do some cleaning/clearing out/taking away rubbish that I must do prior to visiting my Mum early in August and then putting this place on the market. (Yes, I've had the place valued, which was a bit disappointing LOL)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
and then putting this place on the market. (Yes, I've had the place valued, which was a bit disappointing LOL)

Can I afford it?

As ever, standing invite to Tivu Towers if your route takes you close :)

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Can I afford it?

As ever, standing invite to Tivu Towers if your route takes you close :)

Thanks...equally as ever it is dependent on plans that will evolve when I get there. I'm thinking of marketing this place at €95,000 but will consider offers...oh, that includes the dishes....and the landmine....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
All I can say is it's nice and warm, well, apart from my bedroom which was at 27 degrees earlier, through the night ain't much better though cos these old sandstone houses are like big storage radiators, releasing the heat during the night when I want it to go away... o_O

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's below freezing? :p

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Oh yeah, Kelvin down here!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Status
Not open for further replies.