Are there any multi LNB clamps....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I just got a call from Acorn (the people who I ordered the Brackets from) as they haven't got the pictured clamps in stock, but they are getting some similar ones in tomorrow so I should get them on Saturday, let's just hope they fit.....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Right, I've got the clamps, and they are nothing like the ones in that picture, infact, they are more like the ones in the attatched picture (nabbed from _satcure), so to get them to fit on my dish I've had to do a lot of modifying, bending and twisting to get the LNB's into a rough estimate of where the three need to go.

I would post a link to the picture of the dish and multiple LNB's, but I left my phone upstairs with my dish...... :-doh!

My hands hurt now.... :(

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Yes - but does it work ??

L.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancelot said:
Yes - but does it work ??

L.

That's a very good question, I'll find out when it begins to warm up outside.... O-Ha

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Okeydokey, I have the picture now, all uploaded and everything....

_http://homepage.ntlworld.com/citroen2cv/dishes/trip.jpg The dish known as "Trip"

It's actually a pretty good picture, I think my phone likes daylight better..... :D

EDIT:
The LNB's are in an Arc shape, it's just the way I was holding my phone to take the picture that has made them look level with each other....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Get yourself a free copy of This, then you can edit the size of your pictures and upload them as attachments.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Get yourself a free copy of This, then you can edit the size of your pictures and upload them as attachments.

I already have Paint Shop Pro 7, I just can't be arsed to resize them!!!! O-Ha

Plus I have enough webspace spare, so I tend to leave things where they are (incase of the dreaded "file not found" message).....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I just subscribed for 12 months to wotsat, starting with the March issue, I want to see if any of my pictures appear in it.... :D

I just noticed someone familiar in Wotsat:

wotsat said:
45 Retro satellite
**** ******* casts a nostalgic eye over the world of C-band, D2-Mac and analogue Ku-band satellite TV signals

I wonder who that is??? :D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Bl**dy Narcissists :rolleyes: .

L.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
2cvbloke said:
I already have Paint Shop Pro 7, I just can't be arsed to resize them!!!! O-Ha

Plus I have enough webspace spare, so I tend to leave things where they are (incase of the dreaded "file not found" message).....

Yes, but we see it time and time again, people link to photos on their web space and then for some reason or other they are moved, renamed, removed or lost, so we then have a meaningless thread as all of the illustrations are missing. There is also the factor that many members are very reluctant to click on blind links hosted elsewhere, as they are concerned what might be on the other end of them.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Yes, but we see it time and time again, people link to photos on their web space and then for some reason or other they are moved, renamed, removed or lost, so we then have a meaningless thread as all of the illustrations are missing. There is also the factor that many members are very reluctant to click on blind links hosted elsewhere, as they are concerned what might be on the other end of them.

Don't want to sound arsey, but on my webspace there are files I put there in 2003 (Including GTA3.exe (v1.1, savegame fault repaired)) when I first got NTL Broadband!!!

So when I say it'll be there or a long time, it will stay there until NTL folds/sells up/goes into Admin etc...... O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
What you mean next month then? :-lmao :-rofl2

I'm not criticising your site or its ability to stay online, but it is our experience that when people have little tidy ups, then these type of images disappear or get moved. The factor which is as important to a forum and one which you as a webmaster should appreciate, is that a thread looks far better and is much more readable when people can see thumbnails of the pictures that are available without having to take pot luck and click on a link. At the end of the day it is up to you, we always listen when people offer opinions or ask us to do things in a slightly different way, it would be nice to think it was a two way street.;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm not kidding when I say I never tidy up my webspace, the only "tidy" up I did was when I moved all my web stuff from Freeserve to NTL, and ever since it's remained the same, only with stuff added or my pages edited (which I haven't done since last year), I even surprised myself the other day at the amount of stuff I've got in there that I've had since I used to use Freeserve.....

Oh, and a final pointer, I want wotsat to see my high-res images so they appear in the March Edition!!!! O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, it is as I though one way traffic the. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Ah, it is as I though one way traffic the. :)

Well, ok, from now on I'll do the attatchment thing, as long as I can leave the pictures of my setup as they are until I have them in Wotsat!!!! :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, just make a note in the posts that you have high resolution versions available or even leave the links there as well. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
LOL, just make a note in the posts that you have high resolution versions available.

Okeydokey, My phone (Nokia 6230i) has a 1.3Megapixel camera so I like to leave it at full-res cos it gives better images, especially in daylight....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
Oh, and a final pointer, I want wotsat to see my high-res images so they appear in the March Edition!!!! O-Ha

I think a high calibre enthusiasts magazine (maybe even Wotsat:D ) would have all their March editorials done by now.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
I think a high calibre enthusiasts magazine (maybe even Wotsat:D ) would have all their March editorials done by now.

You never know, I might cause a "Stop Press!!!!" which I would love!!! :D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
See post #69 in this thread. :-rofl2

L.:)