Arion Af-1700e

deamie

Reaction score
:-thumbup hi salvador, i want to thank you for your help as i have now got the multivision channels back on again. i used the remote control to insert the new aes keys today and everything has worked out fine, just need to wait to see if they change tomorrow andd hopefully i can repeat the process.

salvador

Reaction score
Website
www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
I'm glad that it worked alright for you.

You shouldn't have any problem updating the keys again.

Salvador

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
(same as Powersky/Arion AF-1700) + dish 1.1m with two Invacom 0.3db, watching Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
Southern Europe
A source tells me "new software arriving soon, mainly for Taquilla channels on Astra"

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
(same as Powersky/Arion AF-1700) + dish 1.1m with two Invacom 0.3db, watching Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
Southern Europe

Hispasat D+ Ok
Cabo Ok
Mediapark ok
Hotbird TPS AU

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
Hi salvador,
A few weeks ago, I decided to update the firmware of my Sedea S6100 (== clone of Arion S170E) and followed all the steps you described while you were trying to update your receiver. Congratulations for your 'good job' !
I had exactly the same problems that you had (my boot is now an OZK one, cause I forgot checksum calc., but however it works perfectly).
The firmware I uploaded is the 6684 (for Termal AF-1700E found on depo.avaralar.biz) but the Taqui..a channels don't work anymore. For Multivis..n, same symptoms : keys are changing every day.
The avaralar site where I downloaded the Termal .auc is no more available, do you know where I can go to find potential updates (I know there's a new 6685 version that is available, but the site I visited gives it only for S170EC, that does not work on my receiver) ?
Another question : do you know how the codes work ? I mean : if you are interested in a channel, how do you do to know the provider and so the keys that have to be updated or added (and in what section -Viaccess, Nagra,...-) ?
Do you know some good sites that deal with the receiver we have both ?
Thanks.

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Nesert_arien,

I'm glad you upgraded your STB successfully.

My STB uses the software for the Arion S170EC so I don't know where to find the software for the S170E... however, check out this place w**.af1700.nm.ru/ang/index.htm

I don't know anything about Taqui channels so I can't help you there.

For more information about keys I suggest you visit w**.rdi-sat.com/f2/viewforum.php?f=2

The case with Mul**vision is that the keys change every day - I believe the pattern is the same every month....

Now, the keys for Mul**vision are of type TPS and you can insert them with your remote control.

Menu - Games - Update Keys - right arrow 3 or 4 times until you see TPS at the top of the screen, there is only one provider. When you click on it you can enter two sets of keys.

I hope that helps.

Salvador

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Futhermore,

with regards to providers and channels etc, I suggest you read the thread w**.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=29252 and download the program FKE 1.06 ( Ferguson Key Editor) and have a look around it.

I'm yet to upgrade to the version you are on now... kind of busy lately :D, however, I thought this version was solving the problem of having to inserts keys everyday... I was under the impresion that the 28 days cycle, with keys for every day requiring a different key was built in... perhaps you could comment on that.

It's a shame that the avaralar site has gone too, it seems that quite a few sites have gone in a very short space of time... Keep fingers cross that satellites.co.uk remains active cause they are the best forum around and by quite some distance. I think in a forum like this one, the success depends very much in its members willing to share knowledge and experiences. I must say that I personaly dislike those members that drop in, ask a few questions and don't come back until they need more answers... to those members, if and when I spote them, I don't give the time of the day :D

Salvador

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
>I'm yet to upgrade to the version you are on now... kind of busy lately :D,
>however, I thought this version was solving the problem of having to
>inserts keys everyday... I was under the impresion that the 28 days cycle,
>with keys for every day requiring a different key was built in... perhaps
>you could comment on that.

Effectively Salvador, it is what I noticed too (however, I'm not sure it is a 28 days cycle), please look : The 6684 version I downloaded first was available since Week 1, I uploaded it in my receiver at the end of the Week 2, and the codes for mul**vision have worked correctly until beginning of Week 3. Nothing until beginning of Week 5 where all the channels were visible again and then nothing since that date.
And in the period where the mul**vision channels became visible one more time, I noticed too that the codes I had did not correspond to the codes I found on the Net...
If there's something logical in that process, maybe could we examine that in the following weeks. I'll let you informed.
Salvador, I visited the links you gave to me, but I'm still confused. My approach is the following : I want to see a particular channel and I want to know what keys to update (and in what encryption method).
I do not understand too why some keys I find (via FKE for example, in the softcam.key file I can easily update all days) are not clearly 'inscriptible' (some exceed 32 caracters long, so you can not split them into 2 rows of 8 bit (in Nagra2 for example)).
I'm patient, I'm sure I'll find an explanation, let the time fly...

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
By the way, I found following site for you :
h**p://65.75.149.180/index.php?order=mod&direction=1&directory=RECEIVER%20%20SOFTWARE/TERMAL&

where the 6685 version is available for S170EC

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi and thanks for the link, however, it doesn't work for me - maybe I need to be registered.

Well, what you said about version A6684 is interesting... my guess is that you downloaded th very first version that wasn't working properly. There is a version A6684 released on the 9th Jan 2006 and also the same version released on the 24th of Jan 2006. Version A6685 was released on the 27th Jan 2006 and that is the one I will be installing soon.

As far as finding out what encription type a particular channel uses then look at this h**p://www.lyngsat.com/packages/cyfra.html

I understand that some STB can take 16 bytes keys - obviously ours are perhaps too old for that...

With regards to Niagra2, my understanding is that the encription is yet to be broken.

Satellites is a huge field and you never stop learning something new - perhaps that makes it so interesting :-)
There is a program called autodownloader that is great for getting the latest keys and also for learning to understand more about keys - provider, etc. B careful when downloading it because a few of the one I found on the net were virus infected.

Good luck

Salvador

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
Hi Salvador,
Thanks for the information you provided.
Did you try to install the 6685 version ? What about it ?
Let us know

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
Downloaded 6685 version
Will upload it next week-end maybe
Will let you informed...

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hey, well done! where did you find the software?

I also downloaded that version but I have been working away from home .... I look forward to reading your experience with the new version. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Good luck

Salvador

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
Hi Salvador,
I tried 6685 version (for information, I downloaded it at avaralar depo site that opened a new mirror) : it opens again D* channels, but not Mult*vis*on ones, for which I'm still obligated to enter codes manually every day.
An ident for entering B*SS encrypted keys is also provided, but I didn't test it.
Nothing really new, but it's still a good work
What about you ?

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks for the post nesert_arien, I'm sure many members would appreciate the info as much as do.

You didn't say where this new mirror for avaralar was. Good job in finding it
I still haven't got round to upgrade the box but as soon as I do, I'll post my findings here.

Did you figure out the relationship between channel - ident?

In the meantime keep enjoying your Arion's clone.

Salvador

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
Salvador,
The mirror for avaralar is located at h**p://avaralar.hopto.org
I didn't find anything relevant about channels and their ident(s), still blurred. And I think there's a lot of things we can not do or test with our receiver cause it does not load cards... So all that is related to RSA keys for example is a mistery for me, I'm still a novice at all...
If you upload 6685 too, tell us if it contains autoroll for m**t*v*on channels, maybe I have a problem with mine...
Do you know a manner to contact (even not directly) the persons who deliver the firmware we upload, or simply have information on how to use it correctly (I found h**p://sat.net.ua/index.php?Lev=openbox_faq#m1 but that's all)
Regards.

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi nesert_arien,

Of course I will post my experience with the new software when I upload it.

I had seen the site you mention but I could only look at the pictures :) my Russian is zero

Do you think you don't know how to use the software so cannot get the it to autoroll? Well, if it was built in then I would expect it to work automatically! The software would need to find out the date, work out what key it should be using and take it from there. All the keys should be built in unless of course they build an extension for you to enter the array of 28 sets of keys use in the month. That would be painful so I'm incline to think the keys would be built in :) or have a little program that populates an array or some kind of data structure. I would write that way anyway :)

Thanks for the link!

Salvador

nesert_arien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
S170E
My Location
FR
>Do you think you don't know how to use the software so cannot get the it
>to autoroll?

I just think that my dump is not really clean : my boot became an OZK one (as yours) so maybe is it creating some problems for autoroll ?
I encountered another problem before uploading 6685 : when I changed Nag*a2 keys for D* channels on 4101 ident, it made nothing. Maybe too because there's an RSA key to update, and I didn't find how to do that (receiver with card only ?)

I also heard ca*als*t fre*ch was hacked with a card called twister se*a2, I don't understand why a firmware can not recreate the conditions of a card : what's the real difference ? I Did not find anyone talking about that, but never mind : the actual situation suit me : free channels on t*s and d*, and codes to enter manually for mul*iv*s*on

Thanks, and enjoy too

saturn7777777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
arion 1700e bin
My Location
mn
where can i download the 6685 for arion (I have Samsonic bs-8100, a clone of arion)?

Teiga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metronic ouralis 3
My Location
Portugal
u can find firmware for arion 1700(=fergunson 3018) here--> _http://www.laki.dvhk.pl/fredka.htm.

be aware u need to convert the firm header for ur receiver.
for that u use AUCHedit 0.95 that is also available on that link([PROGRAMY ] section).
i think u can also use Easy Arioner1.2 witch does all needed conversions automatically.