Astra 1N @ 28E - about to go on air / on air!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgeo_gr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 3M motor 37,5W-57e
Dish Aris 2,4 motor 42e-30w
Dish Gibertiny OP1,25 motor 42e-30w
Dish Gibertiny OP1,25 9E, 13,16,19,2
Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000 PCi
Technotrend S2-1600
Dreambox800seHDPVR
Dreambox7020si
Dreambox 500s
Azbox Elite
My Location
Greece - Crete Heraklion
Pietclock said:
now there is a new signal at 10954H

u have now signal in this my friend?
tell as the detais fec and symbol rate

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
too weak to decode here, and one appeared this minute on 11.175H

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
djgeo_gr said:
u have now signal in this my friend?
tell as the detais fec and symbol rate

Probably just an unmodulated carrier atm - Ive just had a loook on my 7020 and dont get any signal lock

JassyNL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si
Edison Argus VIP2
Technisat Multytenne 13-19-23-28
My Location
East-Netherlands
Nothing here....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - 10936V 22000 5/6 is ITV in HD - on Astra 2D!

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
They ARE broadcasting something there to somewhere. But not in Europe, that's for sure... wish we had someone in Africa to test...

SES always released there press text when the sats were broadcasting.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Llew said:
Nothing like a signal on that frequency until a few days ago.
Yes I know I checked a few days ago too, but look at these two images, one was made 7 months ago on my 1.5m with a Black Ultra LNB, and the other right now on my 1.8m with a Global Invacom LNB. The resemblance is uncanny. What I'm getting at is are you sure these peaks are from 1N.

Attachments

• 7-months-ago.jpg
    7-months-ago.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 2011-10-25-2025.jpg
    2011-10-25-2025.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 47

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Pietclock said:
***Sorry I meant 10.964 SR23.000.

That'll be a dvb-s2 frequency and my Duo is useless at finding stuff unless I have all the parameters to fill in as it doesnt have any signal bars on it :(

sattom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28.2, 28.5, 19.2, 23.5 E
My Location
Belgium
Pietclock said:
They ARE broadcasting something there to somewhere. But not in Europe, that's for sure... .

yes, 28.2 is THE main SES slot for africa ... with a few marginal transmissions for the UK ;-)

Anyway rumor has it that the first testcards won't appear before monday, 1N going active next week, would not put it beyond SES beeing true to their "commitment" to 28.2 ...

(BTW almost time for having a drink - its 1 Week tomorrow since it arrived at 28E)

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
They strictly continue not being in any hurry.

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
Pietclock said:
true.Wonder if they'll be so slow in deploying the new 2E,2F and 2G too when they're completed

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Huevos said:
Yes I know I checked a few days ago too, but look at these two images, one was made 7 months ago on my 1.5m with a Black Ultra LNB, and the other right now on my 1.8m with a Global Invacom LNB. The resemblance is uncanny. What I'm getting at is are you sure these peaks are from 1N.

Not sure at all, and I can't explain your findings. Except that if I move a degree or so East or West, it disappears. I recall something similar (not the same frequency) when we were checking for 1N testing on the other thread concerning the TBS6925 card, before tests commenced. There was a weak carrier which was visible (when Astra 1D was way off the arc, so we could discount that one). Maybe the frequency in question is a precursor to 1N coming on stream?

Satellite74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm oval dish, Invacom single LNB prime focus 28.2°E, generic quattro LNB secondary focus 19.2°E; Technisat SD receiver
My Location
Hanover, Germany
Pietclock said:

well, why would they be in a hurry... they could draw this out until next year if they wanted to and not raise a hand to do anything... of course, satellites cost money and mean lost revenue for every day they're not operational and in service, but in the end, there is really no rush. 2D still has over a year's worth of scheduled lifespan left. SES really have all the time in the world.

But it would be good to get some info or at least finally see something happening... but SES won't blurt out any more details, I guess... this satellite switchover is not meant to do anything for us fringe viewers, SES and the TV industry would rather do without us altogether. And the average Freesat viewer sitting at home in Blighty in front of the TV screen having a pint won't know the difference anyway, he won't even see a blip on the screen when frequencies are moved to 1N.

Ah, ignorance can still truly be bliss...

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
Satellite74 said:
well, why would they be in a hurry... they could draw this out until next year if they wanted to and not raise a hand to do anything... of course, satellites cost money and mean lost revenue for every day they're not operational and in service, but in the end, there is really no rush. 2D still has over a year's worth of scheduled lifespan left. SES really have all the time in the world.

But it would be good to get some info or at least finally see something happening... but SES won't blurt out any more details, I guess... this satellite switchover is not meant to do anything for us fringe viewers, SES and the TV industry would rather do without us altogether. And the average Freesat viewer sitting at home in Blighty in front of the TV screen having a pint won't know the difference anyway, he won't even see a blip on the screen when frequencies are moved to 1N.

Ah, ignorance can still truly be bliss...
Well actually keeping 2D in service and delaying 1N is helping expats especially here in Spain,because the current setup is quite acceptable and any changes can only make reception worse

M60

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed 28.2E Triax TD64, Freesat PVR + Panasonic Freesat TV's
My Location
Northern England
It's just a case of sitting tight I guess! It is odd that SES have released the 'operational' press release for 1N ahead of it actually going in to commercial service as usually this goes out when the satellite actually goes live!

Maybe they are carrying out some final testing at it's new orbital position to align steerable antennas? Maybe at some point this week we'll wake up to discover some 2A/2B TP's swapped over to 1N?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
M60 said:
It's just a case of sitting tight I guess! It is odd that SES have released the 'operational' press release for 1N ahead of it actually going in to commercial service as usually this goes out when the satellite actually goes live!

Maybe they are carrying out some final testing at it's new orbital position to align steerable antennas? Maybe at some point this week we'll wake up to discover some 2A/2B TP's swapped over to 1N?

No need to look if thats the case - just listen for the squeals of rage from the expat community!

Satellite74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm oval dish, Invacom single LNB prime focus 28.2°E, generic quattro LNB secondary focus 19.2°E; Technisat SD receiver
My Location
Hanover, Germany
dvdfilm said:
Well actually keeping 2D in service and delaying 1N is helping expats especially here in Spain,because the current setup is quite acceptable and any changes can only make reception worse

the odds seem to be better here in central Germany at first glance, looking at the projected new UK spot beam, but still, my 80cm dish is just barely enough now to have decent reception from clear skies to light rain... as soon as it starts coming down a bit stronger than that, the signal breaks up completely. So there really isn't much wiggle room in terms of bad weather reserve here... unless you are prepared to install a dish the size of a children's paddling pool.

So in reality, it probably won't make much of a difference if you're in Spain or Germany.

SZGY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS2, SSHD, dbox2, Nokia 9600, Coolstream Zee, Prodelin 1.8m + Inverto RED Classic C120 w/ Russian feedhorn
My Location
Budapest, Hungary
Can't see anything special here with my Triple Dragon...

28e_h.png

Attachments

• 28e_v.png
    28e_v.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.