Astra 1N, Eastern Europe, reception survey, UK spot beam (11126V DVB-S2)

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
ralphmagno said:
was wondering if they may have a bbc card or a free view card
There's no such thing. That's the whole point of Freesat. If they did introduce encryption on the BBC it would mean 2 million Freesat receivers would be destined for the dustbin.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ralphmagno said:
hello to all,
so far i have tested the 1 n on a 1 meter dish and the itv and the tv 5 group are working like a champ.
does anyone know if the tv 5 group is still transmitting on the new frequency only or are they on another frequency?
this is using a free to air box and does not need a card at all.
also free view in the uk . why does this require a free view card?on astra 2D it shows in the clear so any receiver can receive this.
i can not test this out here but was wondering if they may have a bbc card or a free view card and it my go light encrypt like tv 5 was.
it was free view but yiou could not receive it with out a card.
tomorrow i will test the astra 1N on a 2 meter dish and see the difference in signals.
ralph

5USA / +1 & 5* / +1 are ONLY carried on Astra 1N.

There is one advertising sub region of C5 still being carried on 2D - all the rest are on 1N.

Freeview is digital tv via the aerial. You mean ftv (freetoview). That was just a work around when there wasnt enough narow beam capacity available for all the channels that didnt want to be part of the pay tv service but had restricted rights problems. The BBC were ftv on the wide beams about 7 or 8 years ago.

pjoslo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD 1tb
My Location
Nissedal, Telemark, Norway
Here are my findings based on two locations in Scandinavia.

4 kms north of Oslo, Norway - CH4 HD on a 80cm dish is OK in all weathers. LNB is sky's "standard" 4 way LNB that came with my original - now defect Thomson HD receiver. No brand name on it that I can see.

20 kms north of Torsby, Varmland, Sweden - no signal on CH4 HD on 95cm dish. LNB is a triax 0.6db twin.

Astra 2a/b and ch5/itv on 1n are fine in both locations, Astra 2d I've never received.

The Swedish location is 160km from Oslo by road, maybe 130km east as the crow flies.

Same receiver used both locations (amstrad 1tb Hd). Cable run in Sweden is 20m, in Oslo 5m.
I've ordered a new LNB for Sweden - platinum 0.2 DB I think it was, will report back when I've tested after Xmas.

Regards, PJ

loiphin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None yet...
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi pjoslo,

Unfortunately I can't PM you because I an new to the forum, but would like to talk to you about Sky reception in Oslo as I will be moving to Oslo from London at some stage.

Thanks,

loiphin.

pjoslo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD 1tb
My Location
loiphin said:
Hi pjoslo,

Unfortunately I can't PM you because I an new to the forum, but would like to talk to you about Sky reception in Oslo as I will be moving to Oslo from London at some stage.

Thanks,

loiphin.

Will help if i can - i've a fair bit of experience from installing dishes for expats/business users (freelanced for France Telecom doing temporary video conferencing sat installs in the bygone pre broadband 90's). These days I send my girlfriend up the ladder whenever we move house!! I'm new to the forum as well so unfortunately I can't PM you. Maybe if an admin is reading this they would be kind enough to forward my email address to you?

PJ

pjoslo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD 1tb
My Location
pjoslo said:
Here are my findings based on two locations in Scandinavia.

4 kms north of Oslo, Norway - CH4 HD on a 80cm dish is OK in all weathers. LNB is sky's "standard" 4 way LNB that came with my original - now defect Thomson HD receiver. No brand name on it that I can see.

20 kms north of Torsby, Varmland, Sweden - no signal on CH4 HD on 95cm dish. LNB is a triax 0.6db twin.

Astra 2a/b and ch5/itv on 1n are fine in both locations, Astra 2d I've never received.

The Swedish location is 160km from Oslo by road, maybe 130km east as the crow flies.

Same receiver used both locations (amstrad 1tb Hd). Cable run in Sweden is 20m, in Oslo 5m.
I've ordered a new LNB for Sweden - platinum 0.2 DB I think it was, will report back when I've tested after Xmas.

Regards, PJ

Apologies for quoting myself - the new platinum 0.2db pulled in CH4 HD in sweden (north of Torsby) on install. No other adjustments required. (weather has been good since LNB switch - clear skies and minus 7 degrees).

Happy New Year all!

PJ

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
pjoslo said:
unfortunately I can't PM you.
This is a rule we had to introduce to stop spammers registering and then bothering other members - they don't generally have the patience required to wait. Another couple of weeks with a handful more posts and PM privileges will be granted automatically.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes PaulR is correct.

Dont take it personally pjoslo - its a restriction we had to put on all new members after a spate of spammers misused the pm system a while back..

paulingreece

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box with sky freesat card, 1.75m dish
My Location
Greece peleponesse
37'21'05 N
023'13'16 E
Nought, 1.75m dish, Sky pace 2600.

GraveLander

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multifocus E85,
OPTICUM - HD TS 9600 Receiver
My Location
Szczecin (Poland)
Hi,

My Position is:
53° 26′ 17″ N,
14° 32′ 32″ E

All new six trp. which have been switched on are watchable without any problems on my 80 cm dish. The quality is about 60-70%. The Lnb is on multifeed holder. It seems that V polaristaion is little bit stronger than H.

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish 45E - 30W, Clarke-Tech ET9000
My Location
Poland
Recently, quite a lot of Astra 1N transponders have been switched on.
Can anyone further east tell us about the reception?
Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, please.

kalehrl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500+;
Echostar 770 (Strong 6155);
90cm Triax dish;
Strong DM2100 diseqc motor.
My Location
Serbia
Have a look here:
_http://www.novisf.com/wbb3/digitalna-televizija/op%C4%87enito-o-digitalnoj-televiziji/85260-lansirana-astra-1n/index31.html

People in Serbia and Croatia seem to be able to receive all N transponders with 1.4m dishes.
Vertical TPs can even be received with 1.2m.
Old Astra 2d was much, much weaker.

MODERATION NOTE
Please remember not to post live links to outside sites

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Robinson74 said:
Recently, quite a lot of Astra 1N transponders have been switched on.
Can anyone further east tell us about the reception?
Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, please.

Whereabouts in Poland are you? In general Poland is split in terms of 1N reception. Western part (Wroclaw, Poznan, Szczecin, even Gliwice and Katowice) has very good reception even on relatively small dishes – 1,2m. Eastwards from Wistula river, reception gets drastically down. In Krakow I use 1,8m prime focus and reception is far from perfect. In fact I started having H transponders but only during the day. As far as V transponders are concerned, I noticed big signal decrease since ITV’s moved over to 1N. The only transponder which works 24/7 is 10.729V. Tomorrow I will post some reports on BBC reception.

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Poland
iggy, I am in the south-east of Poland and I am particularly interested in reports from the eastern part of Poland, especially along the line of Łomża, Siedlce, Lublin, Kraśnik, Rzeszów, Sanok. I wonder if 1.8m dish and a very good LNB is enough or if 2.4m or more is required.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Robinson74 said:
iggy, I am in the south-east of Poland and I am particularly interested in reports from the eastern part of Poland, especially along the line of Łomża, Siedlce, Lublin, Kraśnik, Rzeszów, Sanok. I wonder if 1.8m dish and a very good LNB is enough or if 2.4m or more is required.

Well, you are having very unfortunate location; 2.4m dish would be the minimum to achieve any satisfactory result. 1.8m dish is definitely too small, it hardly works for Krakow and the more eastward you go, the more drastically signal collapses. In your situation I would aim for 2,4m Famaval dish. If it turns out to be too small, you can buy extension patels, which will make this dish 3.0m This one will definitely do the desired job.

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Poland
Thanks.
I think I'll wait one year before they move Astra 1N to another location. When they put in a new satellite, the signal may be even weaker, so I am not going to risk a 2.4m dish now. I'l wait.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Robinson74 said:
Thanks.
I think I'll wait one year before they move Astra 1N to another location. When they put in a new satellite, the signal may be even weaker, so I am not going to risk a 2.4m dish now. I'l wait.

In the meantime I suggest BBC iPlayer and UK proxy, it works very well.

skatemate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko 8900
TechnoSat Freesat
1,5 m motorized dish focal point
1,2 m Channel Master offset + Twin Black Inverto
My Location
Stockholm - Sweden
Stockholm
Amiko receiver + 1,5 m focal-point dish
Techno Sat receiver Channel Master 1,2 off-set

No signal from the UK spot beam

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
In Krakow both polarizations receivable but only 10.729V, 10.714H, 10.744 available 24/7. Since all channels went to 1N, I have started receiving H polarization, but V significantly weakened.

Attachments

• bbc news.jpg
    bbc news.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 66
  • bbc1.jpg
    bbc1.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 50
  • bbc2 scot.jpg
    bbc2 scot.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 65
  • bbc4.jpg
    bbc4.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 58
  • film4.jpg
    film4.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 58
  • rte1.jpg
    rte1.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 58
  • rte2.jpg
    rte2.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 63

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i tested a 2 meter prime on sky uk and all bbc,ch4 and itv are comming in clear as a bell.
on a 1.10 meter just some itv and ch 5 if the weather is clear.
bbc will not work on a 1.10 here at all.
what was null singnal for years in naples and fringe in cypress is now fringe here and null in cypress.
ralph