Astra 2D in Slovakia

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a pace 2600c1 skybox without subscription, although I do have a new white viewing card paired tot he box. I have a 105cm dish and am only recieving sky news channel 501.
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
Hi there,

its been in the box, box turned on, not standby, for 2 weeks solid, and nothing lol.

there version i have is avtually 3.7.6 not 3.8.8 as originally thought,

fingers crossed

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
www.computersupportservicescs.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dual DVB-2S computer system and DUal Qbox HD Mini with oscam
My Location
scotland
even if you do manage to get them from 1n you mgiht loose them for good when 2e,2f,2g come onlien in th ext 3-4 years years

if you had a non standard box like qbox , clarke tech etc you could use the current card but i wont say how you need to search on other forums fo that information

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a pace 2600c1 skybox without subscription, although I do have a new white viewing card paired tot he box. I have a 105cm dish and am only recieving sky news channel 501.
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
As a speech and language therapist, moving into the fields or car work, brain injury, dementia and autisim.

That is not in my nature to mock someone who struggles to spell, as you on this site.

Unlike me, its clear you are gifted in other ways mate.

Horses for corses lol.

I am gutted this is so hard, and have only one bro in UK, who has emailed he isnt prepared to mess up his box.

Looks like im on a looser mate

dan

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Well, it's hardly messing up his box, just doing you a favour I would say.

If he has upgraded to, say, Sky + or Sky HD, then he might still have his original Digibox. If so, he could connect that up temporarily to authorise a card for you and that wouldn't affect his new box. If the old box has been disconnected for a while it might be necessary to update the operating software but that's the only hitch that I can see.

But, as I keep saying, wait until 1N is brought into service!

timo_w2s

Retired moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Dr.HD F15
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
PaulR said:
My experience with expired white subscription cards is that they DON'T transfer over to work as an FFS card. I have about half a dozen expired subs cards, all of which give the "wrong card" message. It's possible they're all ex-premium cards but I wouldn't have thought it.

Hmm, that's odd, I've have a couple and they are OK. Then again, I don't know if they where FSFS or ex-sub cards. It shouldn't make a difference as to what was on the package before though.

timo_w2s

Retired moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Dr.HD F15
My Location
quickdantheman said:
its been in the box, box turned on, not standby, for 2 weeks solid, and nothing lol.

Was it picking up a good signal all the time? If it doesn't work in 72 hours chances are it's not going to.

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
Hi mate,

Thanks for joining in, in the settings menu on the pace box the signal and strength is one block off the full bar on screen.

So I have no idea lol

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
Hey mate,

Don mean to be rude lol, but his my brother, if he cant be botehred to try and help me or think about his other box, then I give up lol.

Am i to understand that the box should be able to store those extra channels that using the search for channels analoguesat provideded, if the box had the right card???

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - you use the add channels function to scan them in, (services 4 4)

Then watch them using other channels (services 6, or services 0 depending on box)

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
Hey mate,

This forum was a great idea on your behalf loads of friendly ppl jumpin in lol.

I looked and under services mine is option 7 to watch other channels.

Spoke to my bro, and he says he thinks he mixed up the cards, dont ask how.

But the card i should have isnt in use, should I have it sent here and put in in my box abroad on this 105cm satellite

hoping it will "wake up".

Or do i get my bro to pop it in his new box, a sky+ or HD not sure, and reawaken it?

Thanks again

Dan

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your not going to lose anything by getting the card sent out to you

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
sent out to me asleep or having been on stream and forced updated?

dan

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Better if it's been woken, he can possibly do that in his normal digibox overnight.

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I have spoken to him, and he has HD boxes, one in the lounge, and one in his room on multirooom.

He sold the sky+ box form the loung to someone else with out a card.

He sold me his pace 2600 from his old multiroom setup in his bedroom, with the sky+card from the lounge.

So he will send me the correct one now, but will the fact he has a HD box, do anything bad to the card.

Should he try a forced update at all to 3.8.8?

Dan

timo_w2s

Retired moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Dr.HD F15
My Location
So he replaces his Sky+ and Pace 2600 boxes with new HD boxes? Why didn't he keep this existing cards?

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
No idea mate, as im not a tch head i can only assume being new HD boxes maybe they cam with cards, no idea.

What i need to know is will it harm my card to pt it in his HD box??

timo_w2s

Retired moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Dr.HD F15
My Location
The reason I ask is usually you'd just put the existing card in the new box and upgrade your packages if you want HD. If you get a new card Sky may have killed the old ones, in which case they won't work ever again.

quickdantheman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SLOVAKIA (BREZNO)
I have no idea mate, we are as wise as you are, thats what he said, dunt know wot to do now!

timo_w2s

Retired moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Dr.HD F15
My Location
I may be wrong so hopefully someone else can comment on this.

One thing is I just thought though is that killed cards gave a different error message when put in a Sky box so maybe this isn't the case.

Aargh confused!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
timo_w2s said:
One thing is I just thought though is that killed cards gave a different error message when put in a Sky box
So did I!

timo_w2s said:
Aargh confused!
So am I!