Astra 2F: European Beam Transfers Starting?

12012v was one of the frequencies that didn't had any signal here. Now it's weak about 36% SNR here but with a steady picture. I think defenetly moved to Astra 2A North beam that have a slightly better beam on my area than 2B.

other was 12304h with Eurospor2HD. Never got this frequency on DVBS2, signal was very weak here. Now have a strong signal.
 
12304H has well and truly gone in Helsinki so I think it must be on 1N PE1 now.
 
The transponder 12012 V 29500 FEC 3/4, which used to be on 2B North beam, has been definitely moved to 2A North beam. The reason for such conclusion is that, although it seems unbelievable, both the 2A & 2B North beams are lockable here in Yerevan (South Caucasus). Currently I manage to receive it with approximately 1.7db weak signal strength, but it is still watchable. Whereas transponders 12070 H ; 12090 V and etc. have shifted to rather narrow 1N Pan-European Beam-1 and not to 2F cause in that case they would be received with 1m standard offset dish in Instanbul, over which 2F European beam has small side-lobe, but in fact they are not.
Also share the viewpoint of some of our forum members that the ultimate aim of SES is to transfer 2B to 19.2 E where it is doomed to end up its designed lifetime. Moreover, At least 2B's shift to 19.2E is desirable 'cause after the retire of 1H almost the whole band F (12100-12500 BSS) is put on 1M europe beam heavily overloading its capacity (rather undesired outcome). But 1M satellite is primarily designed to cover band-E (11700-12100) and band-B (11450-11700) all frequencies of which were made to shift to 1KR, so that 1M could cover the 12100-12500 range in "emergency situations" which is now the case. Thus, 2B can effectively take up that as well as 2C high-band frequencies.
On the other hand, regarding the 1N satellite, SES have decided to make the best use of it as long as it stands in this location. This'll enable SES to gain some time to smartly organize the arrangement of valuable BSS transponders' allocation and implement simultaneous transfer to 2F and 2E when itbecomes fully operational at 28.2 degrees.
 
NAREK_ASTRALOVER said:
The transponder 12012 V 29500 FEC 3/4, which used to be on 2B North beam, has been definitely moved to 2A North beam.
Having studied it more here I have to agree with you, i have a LNB that is highly varialbe in its response around 12-12.5ghz. Its responding to 12012v better than i expected which kind of threw me. On my smaller 1.2m dish i get SNR 30% ( watchable with a tiny bit of pixelation ) which is very congruent with the limited experience I have with this beam ( recent install ). Nothing is going according to the " script " expected ,, looks like we will be kept guessing untill at least 2e goes up and even that is only the next chapter.
 
dxn said:
12012v was one of the frequencies that didn't had any signal here. Now it's weak about 36% SNR here but with a steady picture. I think defenetly moved to Astra 2A North beam that have a slightly better beam on my area than 2B.

other was 12304h with Eurospor2HD. Never got this frequency on DVBS2, signal was very weak here. Now have a strong signal.
Where about in Portugal are you located? Are you sure that your antenna is properly aligned?
I never had trouble with any of the Astra 2B North beam transponders in Central Lisbon with my 1.5m Gibertini Offset antenna and Invacom Quad lnb.
In fact, some of the Astra 2A North Beam transponders were always a bit weaker then those on 2B NB but the only one I couldn't (still can't) receive 24/7 is 12480V.

My antenna got slightly out of alignment with the strong winds we had last Saturday and I did not had opportunity to realign it yet. Since then, the reception of 11992H, 12012V, 12382H, 12246V got patchy and 12480V was almost 100% lost.
But with the transponder changes the last couple of days I fully recovered 12012V, 12382H and 12246V.
Now, I just need to realign the antenna to recover the remaining...
 
I think dxn is in the Setubal/Sesimbra areal. Please correct me if I'm wrong but if he confirms this I'm afraid his 2.4m dish is out of alignment big time. I'm 50km north of that location and with a 1.80m dish I could get all those frequencies he was missing 24/7 before this last migration unless it was pouring down. Now it's a totally different story. For the better, of course ...
 
the two tp change it
11992h sr-27500 fec 2/3 no lock signal here
12480v v sr-27500 fec 2/3 signal down from 9.5 c/n to 5 c/n only
 
solly said:
the two tp change it
11992h sr-27500 fec 2/3 no lock signal here
12480v v sr-27500 fec 2/3 signal down from 9.5 c/n to 5 c/n only
Both these transponders have dropped a couple of dB for me in Helsinki, like 12012V did yesterday, but still coming in strong. Looks like another shift from 2B to 2A.
 
11992 breaking up here with low signal levels, 5.5db, my guess would be that this has gone to 2A north beam.
12480 is watchable thank God! Signal level isn't very high though, 9.1db, so could be 2A north beam also but one of the ones I receive better here.
 
I've gained a couple of dB on 11895V (south beam) overnight too. Normally this wouldn't lock except for a couple hours at night, but it's watchable now on an 80cm dish.
 
I almost lost all the 2B transporters in Istanbul with 170 cm dish.
After migration for 3 days, The signals down almost %80.
The signals was on between %55-70 during the dates.
But now I only have %0-27 signals and most of them not watchable.

11739 V
11895 V
11992 H
12012 V
12090 V
12110 H
12246 V
12304 H
12480 V

Where they have gone. 2A? 1N Pan European1? or 2F ?
 
it can be hapen 12480v i got only c/n 5 db with large dish 4.5m
pan pe 2 on astra 1n ?
 
solly said:
it can be hapen 12480v i got only c/n 5 db with large dish 4.5m
pan pe 2 on astra 1n ?
If it was 1N PE2 then AHMET should have a strong signal
 
timo_w2s said:
If it was 1N PE2 then AHMET should have a strong signal
yes you are right.
It must be on 1N pan european beam1 or 2A
 
AHMET_YILDIRIM said:
yes you are right.
It must be on 1N pan european beam1 or 2A
I cannot get 1N PE1 in Helsinki so I think 12480V is on 2A. It's still very strong here.
 
AHMET_YILDIRIM said:
I almost lost all the 2B transporters in Istanbul with 170 cm dish.
After migration for 3 days, The signals down almost %80.
The signals was on between %55-70 during the dates.
But now I only have %0-27 signals and most of them not watchable.

11739 V
11895 V
11992 H
12012 V
12090 V
12110 H
12246 V
12304 H
12480 V

Where they have gone. 2A? 1N Pan European1? or 2F ?
This is my educated guess:

11739 V - 2A South
11895 V - 2A South
11992 H - 2A North
12012 V - 2A North
12090 V - 1N PE1
12110 H - 1N PE1
12246 V - 1N PE1
12304 H - 1N PE1
12480 V - 2A North
 
timo_w2s said:
This is my educated guess:

11739 V - 2A South
11895 V - 2A South
11992 H - 2A North
12012 V - 2A North
12090 V - 1N PE1
12110 H - 1N PE1
12246 V - 1N PE1
12304 H - 1N PE1
12480 V - 2A North
Do you have any opinion that why they did not migrate the transporters to 2F European beam?
 
I'm very much wondering what the end game is here: It is getting more confusing by the day and of course this may be short term or medium term or some weird combination of both.

It's been mentioned a few times already, but why is 2F being so underutilised?

Many questions, no answers.

Bigger bills.
 
AHMET_YILDIRIM said:
Do you have any opinion that why they did not migrate the transporters to 2F European beam?
Well, I have made guesses in the thread earlier on. Perhaps with the delay of 2E they decided to make more use of 1N in the short term and move 2B to it's new location. Maybe 2F will be used more later on after 1N is full. Maybe 2F can't use the higher frequencies used by 1N PE1. So many possibilities... ;)
 
Tivù said:
I'm very much wondering what the end game is here: It is getting more confusing by the day and of course this may be short term or medium term or some weird combination of both.

It's been mentioned a few times already, but why is 2F being so underutilised?

Many questions, no answers.

Bigger bills.
It effected me very badly.
I setup 170 cm dishes and I use to get almost 550 channes. and now almost lost every channels which I love in here. I hope this is tempreraly situation.
 
Back
Top