T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
Fixed dishes forAstra2 Atlantic bird 3 and astra 1
Sky box, Humax Viaccess, Humax HD freesat,strong 6410
My Location
S W France [47]
I found another Installer chaps .All done in five minutes.Satisfaction all round.But its very embarrasing when you know there should be no problem and a professional says 'it can't be done! T1154

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well done, I guess it's like in the UK, there are quite a few installers around who are confused if a customer askes for anything other than Astra 28.2, but you've obviously found one with a bit more about him.:)

T1154

T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
Fixed dishes forAstra2 Atlantic bird 3 and astra 1
Sky box, Humax Viaccess, Humax HD freesat,strong 6410
My Location
S W France [47]
Going on a bit more about my recent problem .
The house concerned was surrounded by busy streets on the three sides and small backyard faced north,so there was no way at ground level that 'the dog could see the Rabbit' even using one of your temporary installations !
Perhaps I could descend to the roof in future instead of climbing up. One of those 'Hereafter 'thoughts!!
Thinking about real fringe area problems has anyone done anything with a multiple array rather than a single Dish ? Perhaps accurate adjustment is too difficult, since presumably phase differences will be a problem . T1154

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Zorba said:
True ,but there many situations where some dishes/installations are not affected at all. Some dishes even the same type seem to not pick up the BADR beam.
So far the only dishes I've seen affected by Badr are ones where the LNB depth or skew has been set wrong.

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M ChannelMaster Offset with Smart Titanium TQS LNB. LG SMART TV with SuperTrack V-Box 2 on ChannelMaster 1.2M Offset. TBS5925 tuner with EBSPro on Windows 10 laptop. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Israel
Dishes vary in their side lobe performance and therefore how bad they are affected by Badr. I replaced a DH 3.7 dish with a ChannelMaster (Raven)(SkywareGlobal) 2.4 dish with much improved results. Bigger is not necessarily better !