BBC reception help in Stockholm, Sweden

sat200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
if its any good to you all for a sky digibox the best sky digi box is the pace 2600 as it has the best tuner

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
And here is my test performed today with my new handpicked Inverto C120 LNB.

Look at the results and be amazed.

This is in Stockholm with a Fibo 90cm dish performing like a good offset 110cm connected to a Pace DS430N receiver, the weather isn't that good either with heavy fog.

As indicated earlier in this thread i already received 10.847 V with the SMW setup, the Inverto LNB is really the best LNB i have ever tried, it gave amazing results as you can see.

Astra 2D 10.729 V Sky Travel

Skytravel.jpg

Skytravel2.jpg

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
The footprint moves quickly, now all vertical transponders are gone, no signal received the box says.

This is how fast the vertical transponders are at this location, it is raining now a bit so that doesn't help alot.

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
Hi Likvid,

Good to hear you're having success with the verticals!

Please give us some details of this great new LNB. I did a search on the internet but didn't find anything about an Iverto C120 LNB. Have you modified it yourself?

Corrigap

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Picked up an Inverto C120 yesterday to try after seeing Likvids results.

It seems better than my Invacom or MTI that I have been using, it's staying on my dish, for the moment anyway. :D

I really like the size and weight, about 10% of the invacom, cheap as well £19.95

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
johnsattuk said:
Picked up an Inverto C120 yesterday to try after seeing Likvids results.

It seems better than my Invacom or MTI that I have been using, it's staying on my dish, for the moment anyway. :D

I really like the size and weight, about 10% of the invacom, cheap as well £19.95

This Inverto C120, I have also been searching and found this... http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/new_product-inverto__4_c120_universal~pd10409--0.html Is this the same one you guys are talking about? If its so good, I could be tempted myself.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Likvid said:
You can buy from me, i have new stock arrived of this Inverto C120 LNB in Sweden.

Price is 25,90 euro + postage which is a bit cheaper than Wizardsatellite.

PM me if you want to buy.

i would be also interested in buying one. Is there any chance i could get it in Poland??? i was just about to purchase invacom C120, but you guys dissuaded me from doing that. It looks like the one mentioned by you works much much better then invacom. If there is no way i could get it here in Poland i would decide to buy one from you. How moch would it be including shipping off to my country?? How would i have to pay you???? I am looking foreward to your quick reply

I've forgotten to add that i receive all V signals with no scratch and aim to pick some H signals. I've noticed that its feasible to get some decent signal between 3 - 6 PM but with much better LNB then the one i have.

rgds

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Likvid said:
And here is my test performed today with my new handpicked Inverto C120 LNB.

Look at the results and be amazed.

This is in Stockholm with a Fibo 90cm dish performing like a good offset 110cm connected to a Pace DS430N receiver, the weather isn't that good either with heavy fog.

As indicated earlier in this thread i already received 10.847 V with the SMW setup, the Inverto LNB is really the best LNB i have ever tried, it gave amazing results as you can see.

Astra 2D 10.729 V Sky Travel
QUOTE]

I dont know if you have already mentioned it,but have you compared the inverto with the invacom quad?

PGH

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone have any information on the Inverto C120 twin? Adverts for the single all say things like "great performance" and "very sensitive", but no such comments about the twin - makes one suspicious!
Has anyone tried the twin?

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Likvid said:
You can buy from me, i have new stock arrived of this Inverto C120 LNB in Sweden.

Price is 25,90 euro + postage which is a bit cheaper than Wizardsatellite.

PM me if you want to buy.

Hi Likvid, I have sent you a PM.

I was just about to buy a Invacom C-120 AQDF-031 0,3dB, but I might try one of these out to help erradicate the 'pixilation' during bad weather (rain) during say 7pm and 9pm.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
(Maybe this should be on a new thread)

Ok...I have tried and tested the Inverto C120 IDLP-SFLANGE LNB, and these are my results...
Weather all week has been cold, cloudy and generally fine. No rain or snow and little wind. 6pm till about 11pm Horizontal Channels (BBC, ITV) suffer from pixilation and the program your watching is un-watchable. I let it run for 5 days with generally the same result every night.
Last night whilst pixilation was present, I switched back to my MTI LNB, with instant results. All the pixils are gone and all Horizontal Channels working as before. So unfortunately, this Inverto didnt work for me. Thanks Likvid for getting me the Inverto and trying it out.
I might give the Invacom a go soon, and see if I get any improvement during bad weather.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Rabbit said:
(Maybe this should be on a new thread)

Ok...I have tried and tested the Inverto C120 IDLP-SFLANGE LNB, and these are my results...
Weather all week has been cold, cloudy and generally fine. No rain or snow and little wind. 6pm till about 11pm Horizontal Channels (BBC, ITV) suffer from pixilation and the program your watching is un-watchable. I let it run for 5 days with generally the same result every night.
Last night whilst pixilation was present, I switched back to my MTI LNB, with instant results. All the pixils are gone and all Horizontal Channels working as before. So unfortunately, this Inverto didnt work for me. Thanks Likvid for getting me the Inverto and trying it out.
I might give the Invacom a go soon, and see if I get any improvement during bad weather.

Damn, i've just ordered one, hopefully it will turn out to be better in my location

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
iggy said:
Damn, i've just ordered one, hopefully it will turn out to be better in my location
It might be different in other locations. They are cheap in cost and worth the try.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Vertical transponders in Stockholm was extremely good today, i could get ITV3 pixelfree during 1 hour with my Fibo 90cm dish and Inverto.

With my Invacom there was no signal at all, the MTI AP8-TW gave nearly the same picture quality as Inverto.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rabbit said:
It might be different in other locations. They are cheap in cost and worth the try.

When i ordered the Invertos i got 50 LNBs and i tested about 20 of them to see the difference in performance.

There was quite a difference between them i can say but i beleive it depends on frequency.

Some people say MTI might be better or Sharp or whatever but it's all about luck and how good they are at a specific frequency.

Overall i am happy with my Inverto as it's much smaller in both size and weight, my Fibo is quite heavy in front with the arm and subreflector.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
I have finally received my inverto LNB. Before i mounted it i had had big expectations towards it. Unfortunately i got seriously disappointed with it as it seems to perform much worse then my old 0,6 grundig. The signal is showing 35 % whereas the old Grundig shows 45%, not to mention that picture cracks up pretty badly. No doubt that i'll have to get rid of it as soon as possible and replace it by Invacom eventually.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
I have had an Inverto hooked up for the last 5 days,and am also disappointed in its performance,it lost the signal very early in the evening and it did not
come back till mid- morning.
I have reinstalled my Invacom quad and the signal breaks up about 23-00 hrs
and comes back at about 06-00 in the morning on both Horiz and vert transponders.
Up to date Imust say the Invacom is the best LNB i have tried,I will try the SMW lnb,s early in the new year.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Does it only work good with the Fibo Gregorian dishes or what????

Seems weird as i got about 8% higher signal compared to my Invacom Twin and 2-3% better than MTI AP8-TW.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
My Inverto c120 made me very dissapointed,the result is 20% better on 2d with a Golden Interstar GI-201 lnbf.