BBC reception help in Stockholm, Sweden

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
I have just realized that the mantioned grundig LNB is MTI AP8 TW in fact. It's no wonder that it works that good. After reinstalling it i skew it a little and the result could be seen immediately. Now i receive H polarized transponder where BBC NEWS 24 is. It's 4 pm local time and the picture is almost excellent, but i really doubt that it will remain in this state for more then 2 - 3 hours. Anyway I have finally picked H beam :-sugar

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
With my old installation 1.2m CM and a MTI AP8 I could get all H trsp perfect and in good weather V trsp from just before noon until 6pm.

I have now installed my Gibertini 1.5m and a Inverto C120 kindly supplied by Likvid.

In the last four days I have all trsp including the weakest ITV ( ITV2) without any pixellation 24/7 even in the blizzard we had this night.

My location is now 40 km SE off Falun ( 200km WNW off Stockholm).
My Inverto is going to stay on!

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
puffin said:
With my old installation 1.2m CM and a MTI AP8 I could get all H trsp perfect and in good weather V trsp from just before noon until 6pm.

I have now installed my Gibertini 1.5m and a Inverto C120 kindly supplied by Likvid.

In the last four days I have all trsp including the weakest ITV ( ITV2) without any pixellation 24/7 even in the blizzard we had this night.

My location is now 40 km SE off Falun ( 200km WNW off Stockholm).
My Inverto is going to stay on!

Lucky you, my Inverto decreased the signal by 10% in comparsion with MTI so obviously it had to be swept away .

:-hny

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
All LNBs differ in performance, my Inverto is the best i ever had which makes me get the Vertical tranponders pixelfree for a large portion of the day before noon and towards the early evening.

Also i can now get Nilesat pixelfree from about 5PM towards 8AM the next day, before the change to Inverto and the change from Triple Dragon to Relook i had Nilesat for maximum 1 hour or so, the rest of time time there was no signal.

My Relook 400s really helped the Nilesat transponders and i can't get a better system than i have now, it's really performing good.

It did take a large of time and money and effort to make the best system available for this size of dish i have, i am really satisfied now....

satphreak

Reaction score
Website
pricebomb.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ receiver, Triax TDA 110, Technomate TM-2100A motor, MTI AP8-T2n 0.2dB LNB
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm choosing between a Gibertini 100 and a Triax TD 110 - would I be able to get all horizontal channels with either of them - or is the Triax TD 110 necessary ?

Also - which LNB would you recommend for either dish out of the following: _http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d20.html ?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in Täby, Stockholm.

satphreak

Reaction score
Website
pricebomb.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ receiver, Triax TDA 110, Technomate TM-2100A motor, MTI AP8-T2n 0.2dB LNB
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I finally got my Triax TDA 110 dish and Technomate TM-2100A motor (Moteck SG-2100A clone) installed on Thursday and my results have been fairly good - although not perfect!

I can view BBC from 10 in the morning and all day - at least until midnight when signal levels drop too low. My receiver (a Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ - TMS - for Sensitive) seems to have a threshold of about 47-48% where I get no pixelation - below that it starts to pixelate - and below 45% I basically get no picture). ITV1 is fine too, but there is no sign of ITV2-4.

The installation was done by a professional, however no particular 2D tweaking was done so I am rather happy with the results considering that. However, I would be interested in being able to watch BBC 24/7.

I am using USALS with my receiver and to get optimal performance from BBC I have had to change my position from 18.0E to 17.5E! I guess that means that the motor is slightly off. Problem is that the dish is about 6-7 meters up, so it's not just something you go and fix.

I did try and skew the LNB slightly today, although to be fair - I'm not quite sure what I am doing! Sure, I rotate the LNB slightly - but I couldn't really see any difference on the receiver's signal level.

Other satellites seem fine, at least the ones I've tried. What ones "should" I be able to get in from Stockholm (Täby) ? Gimme some to try :)

Any ideas what to do to improve this ? I'm considering letting the installer come back as he's got instruments for fine tuning. However, it might be worth letting a "2D" expert take a look at it instead, as they would know exactly what to tweak.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
satphreak said:
Other satellites seem fine, at least the ones I've tried. What ones "should" I be able to get in from Stockholm (Täby) ? Gimme some to try :)

You should be able to get Nilesat at 7W most of the day and also Arabsat 26E.

They are the weakest for me where i have 2-3% marginal only.

Of course you should be able to get ITV2/3/4 on the vertical transponders on 2D from about 12AM to about 6PM.

Your Triax dish should have 0.2dB more gain than my Fibo so you should get slightly better results but it's not only the antenna that matters, your LNB might not be the best sample and the receiver you have maybe isn't as sensitive as mine.

My Relook is the best of all receivers i ever tried and i wouldn't be surprised if i could get BBC channels with a Wavefrontier Toroidal in this stage, i would love to try it out.

satphreak

Reaction score
Website
pricebomb.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I will try Nilesat and Arabsat.

No sign of ITV2/3/4 - or rather, signal levels are in the 30's... Not enough for a picture.

I do have a MTI Blueline 0.3db that I could test with, but working at 6-7 meters is not that easy. But the MTI AP8-T2N (0.2d:cool: should be the better LNB, but as you say it may not be the best sample. And obviously - the receiver may not be sensitive enough.

Would be interesting to try my setup together with a Relook 400S. Maybe that's what's needed...

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
satphreak said:
Would be interesting to try my setup together with a Relook 400S. Maybe that's what's needed...

I even got BBC 24/7 when i used my old Echostar DVR-7000 which doesn't have the most sensitive tuner out there, also i tried with a Canal Digital Combobox which i also got 24/7 reception.

Have you adjusted the LNB focal length? you can slide the LNB in and out of the clamp, it may need adjustment there.

Also, get a instrument with beep function.

satphreak

Reaction score
Website
pricebomb.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
That pretty much rules out the receiver being the problem. Thanks.

I tried to adjust the LNB somewhat - but not knowing what I was doing, and not being able to see any results it didn't really do much good.

I will look into getting a Satbeeper, it's a cheap solution and is quite helpful it seems.

billporter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsb-40
My Location
sweden
puffin said:

is the inverto c120 better than the invacom quad for 2d then?

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
billporter said:
puffin said:

is the inverto c120 better than the invacom quad for 2d then?

I have not compared theese two installations.

All what I can say is that the Inverto works very fine for me.

The MTI was superior to the Invacom single in the old setup.

satphreak

Reaction score
Website
pricebomb.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
A couple of days ago I finally got around to fine tuning my dish - and what a difference it made!

Before signal levels would go between 40 and 55 (47 being the threshold of my receiver) and I would have BBC between 9-10 in the morning and 12 in the evening - on good days - without rain etc.

After having played with the dish I can now receive BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 etc - 24 hours a day no matter what the weather. During quite heavy rain the other day the signal was at 52-53 - otherwise it hovers between 55 and 65.

Very nice. And all with a Triax TDA 110 and an MTI AP8-T2N 0.2dB LNB.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Well done and congratulations. Its not easy getting BBC and ITV in fringe areas. Its very frustrating.:cool: