Advice Needed Changing 36V actuator

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
@blademedia

If that actuator is a ball screw type then it sounds decent value at a deuce, quite a bit cheaper than importing one from the USA.
Unfortunately for "drats", it would be too long for the restricted clearance he has at the rear of his dish.

Rgds

I might have a 18inch somewhere knocking about, I'm not sure if it ball screw but the old ones was built like tanks easily get 2oyrs from them,

Yes MB the 1224 will easily cope with a small 1.5, I didn't want to try and push for a sale I'm not in need of money so left it at that.

drats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo, Vu+Duo2, Vu+Zero, Gibi 1.5m, TBS 6903 PCI
My Location
North West UK
Thanks for everyone's input. The main reason for having it upside down, is first to keep the misses happy and we are on a new build, there is no shrub or tree cover and we have incredibly nosey neighbours who will look for an excuse to moan, so I don't want to raise it above wall/fence level. I know the Gibi is light and not big compared to a CM, but when the wind howls through the gap in the houses, and it does frequently, the dish takes a terrible beating. I'm not an expert in wind engineering, but it seems to be worse because the dish sits flatter. So the wind seems to get underneath it and lift it, that was my initial reasoning to getting something a bit beefier.

drats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
PM sent Lee

PM received Dave thanks, if you want it delivered we will stick with open forum, not your address obviously, if you would sooner meet face to face stick with PM.

drats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
I think Postage would have to be the only way as I would struggle to get over to Huddersfield any time soon. Any chance the price quoted could inc delivery? :p

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
I think Postage would have to be the only way as I would struggle to get over to Huddersfield any time soon. Any chance the price quoted could inc delivery? :p

Hi Dave, Yes I will post it you at the same price :). PM me your number and I will give you a call to arrange payment, I will then get it in the post asap.

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
I've received a payment from drats (Dave) for a actuator thanks Dave, the item will be posted first class tomorrow, @drats will you please post here when you receive the item many thanks.

drats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
Hi Lee, just to update, the Actuator arrived and I fitted it tonight. Works perfectly and is a lot more robust than the one I was using. Many thanks :-applause

Sat1969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 90cm
My Location
London
I maybe interested in the motor 1224 at the right price...