tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
AllanI said:
I believe I followed these instructions but did not get any thing Channel 5 . Is there something missing? I tried saving after the scan but still no Channel 5

Allan
I used the scan for all channels and I think it was down in thelist of sky channels but if you use the white button to bring up all channels and scroll through you will see it.As i moved all my channels into some sort of order I cannot remember the exact number it was sorry ....:-dangerTony

Just looked on Fives website and they are saying its available on freesat channel 105

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
My suggestion would be do a factory reset of your system choosing UK CHANNELS ONLY Then follow the instructions I posted as received from Fortec Channel 5 should be then listed at the end of the ALL CHANNEL LIST You can then move it up to position 5 using the instruction I posted it did work for me following that instruction

AllanI

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
South Manchester
Great stuff and thanks. Just done as suggested and there Five was. Just got to do the favourites moving.

Allan

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
AllanI said:
Great stuff and thanks. Just done as suggested and there Five was. Just got to do the favourites moving.

Allan
:) That can be fun and frustrating...:-danger Tony

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
65cm Dish and 'correctly skewed' LNB supplied in Maplin kit.
My Location
Yorkshire
I'm not getting any EPG on CH5. Is this to be expected.

howardbowell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
HP Laptop
My Location
UK
EPG, is available fore FIVE, load EPG and leave box in standbye over night.

Im the morning you will have the complete 7 day EPG.

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
Thanks Howard but unfortunately I can't get anything on 7 day EPG.
The 31st October firmware upgrade on Fortec Star's site, supposed to fix this problem, is for the Passion+ HD, I have the HD Passion+ which fails with the aforementioned update.
However I will leave the box on 7 day EPG overnight as you suggest and see what I get. :)

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Strat said:
Thanks Howard but unfortunately I can't get anything on 7 day EPG.
The 31st October firmware upgrade on Fortec Star's site, supposed to fix this problem, is for the Passion+ HD, I have the HD Passion+ which fails with the aforementioned update.
However I will leave the box on 7 day EPG overnight as you suggest and see what I get. :)

Strat it maybe you have a corrupt file delete it and download and run again,or you may have a flash drive gone past it's sell by date(happened to me once).When I first signed on to this site after buying my system HD+ I down loaded the update and my EPG generates o.k.there user handbook leaves a lot to be desired as most of my setting up problems were sorted using this web site,ie the LNB Skew problems if I hadn't read about it I would be still pulling what remaining hair I have out in handfuls ....:-dangerTony

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Which channel 5 HD are we discussing here guys - ahh maybe its the one on 1W and NOT 28E! Havent read the previous pages yet, so probably serves me right!:confused

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
No, I was right - it IS the UK Channel 5 on 28E in discussion - so WHY is it in the 'HD' section as its not in HD? :confused

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi Tony
The file I mentioned is not for my box. Fortec confuse things by having 2 HD passion boxes, one + and one not. The October download appears to be for the HD passion NOT the HD Passion+. I have tried downloading and installing it a few times and each time it screws up features on my box.
Personally I don't think Fortec know what boxes their software actually works on so I will be looking next year for a manufacturer who knows what he is doing.

Have a look at this page to see the confusing text.
_http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=114%2C1
and you will see references to Passion+ HD and HD Passion +(Plus)...what's all that about?!

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Strat said:
Hi Tony
The file I mentioned is not for my box. Fortec confuse things by having 2 HD passion boxes, one + and one not. The October download appears to be for the HD passion NOT the HD Passion+. I have tried downloading and installing it a few times and each time it screws up features on my box.
Personally I don't think Fortec know what boxes their software actually works on so I will be looking next year for a manufacturer who knows what he is doing.

Have a look at this page to see the confusing text.
_http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=114%2C1
and you will see references to Passion+ HD and HD Passion +(Plus)...what's all that about?!

Hi strat.I looked at the page you refer to and yes there are two downloads when I did mine I picked the October 2008 as this was the latest one re EPG the other refers to July 2008 which my newly bought system had all ready got.and every thing went OK,it is confusing having two on the page but I always go for the latest dated one....:-danger Tony

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi All
I note the thread has now gone from channel 5 to epg and downloads Regarding downloads I think you will find more info in threads covering that subject Having said that you must be sure you are selecting from the Fortec site the correct one for your Passion I had no trouble doing the download but I know from other threads users have selected the wrong one and had trouble Regarding the comment about confusion in the way the info is presented as well as getting the info the wrong way around eg passion hd+ or +passion hd you can note a spelling mistake as well in the passion hd info so I guess thats down to who did the data entry If you select your model from the drop down menu you should have the correct download
Regards

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Plus why is this thread even 'in' an HD section as Channel 5 is NOT in HD anywhere as far as I know - not yet anyway? Maybe nobody wants to recognise that fact?:confused

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
holmroad said:
Plus why is this thread even 'in' an HD section as Channel 5 is NOT in HD anywhere as far as I know - not yet anyway? Maybe nobody wants to recognise that fact?:confused

With out wanting to seem rude,I was under the impression that this was a HD site regarding systems and as is problem was the system not receiving channels HD or not I cannot see your point....:-dangerTony

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Further to the last As far as I am concerned this thread relates to the FORTEC STAR PASSION HD AND FORTEC STAR PASSION HD+ and getting CHANNEL 5 and nothing to do with HD CHANNELS

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
As far as I can see the EPG only populates if it is selected and left for a considerable time to fully populate. If it's tuned to 11428H 27500 V-PID 2310, A-PID 2311 and P-PID 2310 it will populate even when not selected. I suspect that selecting the EPG automatically retunes to the above parameters, hence no pic in the small screen, as there's no vid from that channel.

If you switch off overnight and have anything set for repeat in the 'timer' which may have set 'user time' to 'on' the EPG will may show the wrong time or day until the time is set correctly.

I agree Fortec should have had better firmware out by now to correct the numerous known bugs. It's more of a tinkerers than a consumer box ATM.

Once you actually select items from the '7day' rather than the 'grid' screen to record, it does actually work, but 'user time' needs to be set if from 'standby', or set to 'off' if already tuned to a channel with a 'clock' signal.

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Hi M8, sorry if my thought havent been communicated correctly, but all I'm saying is that I thought this whole section was devoted to 'HD' receivers & transmissions:-
High Definition Receivers transmissions, satellite and Terrestrial

and the original starter of the thread was simply asking when are we getting channel 5 on a Fortec, no mention of 'HD', but ok just a basic informative question, but after that it all went off the subject with channel 5 probably the 'main' topic - a channel which is not even yet HD on the Sly platform - and SOME discussion about the Fortec HD receivers, ok at least that is to do with HD - anyway sorry if you dont get my logic, I 'personally' just thought it was rather bizarre! Maybe its MY SOH?!
Sorry!:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Probably more logical in the Freesat section;), so I've moved it.

since the ch5 FTA is actually for Freesat as stated by SM above.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
holmroad said:
Hi M8, sorry if my thought havent been communicated correctly, but all I'm saying is that I thought this whole section was devoted to 'HD' receivers & transmissions:-
High Definition Receivers transmissions, satellite and Terrestrial

and the original starter of the thread was simply asking when are we getting channel 5 on a Fortec, no mention of 'HD', but ok just a basic informative question, but after that it all went off the subject with channel 5 probably the 'main' topic - a channel which is not even yet HD on the Sly platform - and SOME discussion about the Fortec HD receivers, ok at least that is to do with HD - anyway sorry if you dont get my logic, I 'personally' just thought it was rather bizarre! Maybe its MY SOH?!
Sorry!:)

No problem Like most questions posed on forums they some how veer away from the original question and become some thing else,but we try and help each other and that only causes the thread to run away again...:-dangerTony