F1 Fantasy League 2010 & winter 2010/11 chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
JAPANESE GRAND PRIX

DEADLINE - SATURDAY 03:00 BST (3am) / 04:00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup, including qualifying predictions which must be submitted prior to every race, by accessing the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga | Full Game Rules for Pure Fantasy F1 | List of TV Broadcasters | LIVE and delayed coverage from BBC
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Japanese Grand Prix timetable:
Times in BST, Suzuka = BST +8
Friday Practice 1 - 02:00-03:30
Friday Practice 2 - 06:00-07:30
Saturday Practice - 03:00-04:00
Saturday Qualifying - 06:00
Sunday Race - 07:00

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I can't find video for practise 3 anywhere, I have radio 5 live audio on the iplayer whats happened to it anyone have a link to it please ??

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Congratulations to Pete that is a very good score for the Japanese GP, if Robert Kubica had not had his wheel fall off you would have topped 150 points I suspect. My score was depleted by losing my No2 driver Hulkenberg on lap 1 along with a Ferrari, but I shouldn't complain with my points tally under the circumstances, I was surprised to see I got 19 bonus points, guessing qualifying positions for all 3 drivers and getting 4 points for fastest lap as well. Unfortunately I have still slipped down to 20th in the overall standings.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
My slide into mediocrity continues ........................

To compensate, I've taken to pontificating on the planetf1 site, carrying on my Wacky Races theme with the User ID dick d******ly

Of course, had I realised before registering that it was yet another tentacle of the Sky empire, I may not have bothered. Too late now!

Edit: Forum software doesn't like that ................. But readers can guess. Medal, Medal.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

Short and full table attached as png file

Red Bull were back on top form with a 1-2 in Suzuka as Sebastian Vettel led the pack from start to finish with Mark Webber following close behind. Fernando Alonso of Ferrari, however, came in 3rd to remain very much in the heat of the fight going into the last three races. Lewis Hamilton was behind McLaren team mate Jenson Button in 5th.

Topper dropped further back in the world rankings, 20th now, with a score of 119pts, but still comfortably leads SupaLiga, even though sonnetpete took 133pts with Equipe Etranger in Japan.

Dazzy's challengers for 3rd place lost ground to BTTR despite only a score of 91pts. Tom34 had a mightyly good weekend, scoring 120pts and jumping up two places, and past two fellow centurions (misterminibus and Tivu) into 6th. Me, kleefarr and woborny were the others to reach three figure numbers in Suzuka.

And finally, wod has hauled himself off the bottom for the first time since Monaco, but is only a single point above wannabee's Erika GP at present.

Norm's F1 SupaAberdeen in the Professional League: Current status - 70th ~ 1315pts

NEXT RACE > KOREAN GP @ YEONGAM > OCTOBER 24

Attachments

• F1SL Japan Graph.png
    F1SL Japan Graph.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 25
  • F1SL Japan Short.png
    F1SL Japan Short.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 55
  • F1SL Japan Full.png
    F1SL Japan Full.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 18

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Thank you Topper. I was bitterly dissapointed to see Kubica exit so early, more so as he could have easily finished in the top six and may even have secured a podium. Possibly my points total might have been even higher but I was very pleased with the total I got.

Tivù, you are not 'sliding into mediocrity' but 'consolidating a base on which to formulate a planned strategy for next season'.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
KOREAN GRAND PRIX

DEADLINE - SATURDAY 03:00 BST (3am) / 04:00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup, including qualifying predictions which must be submitted prior to every race, by accessing the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga | Full Game Rules for Pure Fantasy F1 | List of TV Broadcasters | LIVE and delayed coverage from BBC
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Korean Grand Prix timetable:
Times in BST, Yeongam = BST +8
Friday Practice 1 - 02:00-03:30
Friday Practice 2 - 06:00-07:30
Saturday Practice - 03:00-04:00
Saturday Qualifying - 06:00
Sunday Race - 07:00

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A bit of a blind guess estimating a lap time, methinks!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Fabulous entertainment today, but I rather think my efforts to sink down the League are about to turn into something more akin to a plummet!

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Yes, good entertainment but dissapointing to see my Fantasy League lead driver exit so early. I'm full of admiration for someone who will admit they made an error though, unlike a certain German driver in the past!!

It seems unfair that you can't select the safety car as part of your team. At one point today I thought it was going to lead the race from start to finish!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes I really fail to see how Eddie Jordan can describe that as a fantastic race, was he watching something different to me? I fell back asleep each time a safety car came out. It was never a test of skill, endurance perhaps but should never IMHO have taken place period. If it is not safe to race then they should not be sent out to put on a performance for the crowd

Legard was making more mistakes than Murray Walker used to today, time for the beeb to ditch Jordan and Legard useless

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well, Topper, whether you enjoyed it or not, you are back up to 12th in the world. Congratulations!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Tivù said:
Well, Topper, whether you enjoyed it or not, you are back up to 12th in the world. Congratulations!

Thanks Gordon, a lucky bit of hedging of bets based upon the no of engines used by Red Bull, I felt it in my waters that they were in for a failure soon and should have stepped into a bookmakers for the first time in my life, never mind.....

Still two races to go though but hopefully they will not be so much of a lottery.

Don't get me wrong I think the Koreans did an immense job with the track and facilities in the last four weeks, but you cannot factor in the weather in F1 which makes it a lottery, still it keeps the championship wide open.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Topper said:
>>> you cannot factor in the weather in F1 which makes it a lottery, still it keeps the championship wide open.

The "Bernie Button" was very much in evidence today!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its been a long time since Ive seen an engine detonate badly enough to leave bits of the innards bouncing along on the track :-rofl2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Analoguesat said:
Its been a long time since Ive seen an engine detonate badly enough to leave bits of the innards bouncing along on the track :-rofl2

I was quite impressed by the way he found a relatively safe place to stop and then used the extinguisher himself. Echoes of Kovalainen at Singapore.

PS: I used to have a Triumph Spitfire which behaved in a similar manner ....................

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Tivù said:
PS: I used to have a Triumph Spitfire which behaved in a similar manner ....................

Well they all get melted down at one point or another

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tivù said:
I was quite impressed by the way he found a relatively safe place to stop and then used the extinguisher himself. Echoes of Kovalainen at Singapore.

I ran a Transit Van for a 10 miles after the oil pump had failed many moons ago. It didnt disintegrate quite so spectacularly but it was making interesting tinkling noises and sounded HORRIBLE when I took it back to the hire company. :D The boss at the field centre I was working at wanted to know why we had taken two minibuses out and only returned with one..... :-rofl2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

Short and full table attached as png file

Apologies for the lateness of this report!

Topper and the Tossers returned to champion form and shoot up to 12th in the world on the back of 127pts in Korea. With only two races left, Topper is almost certain of taking the 'triple crown' of SupaLiga, European Cup and Asia/Americas Cup titles.

The other big news in Korea was kreacher's Creatures return to 3rd and a PFF1 Cup place, a position that will hang in the balance until the end. BTTR, managed by Dazdazdazzy, held 3rd place in Singapore and Japan. Norm still has hope of catching both with F1 Aberdeen, but will need to make up a 39pt deficit to succeed.

Hitting the highest notes in Korea was 2008 champion Oily, emmulating sonnetpete's 133pts in Japan with a identical haul last weekend to go up to 8th for the first time since Spa. The only team that has not been mentioned so far that scored a century is Norm's second string, F2 Aberdeen, who took home 109pts but actually drop a place as a result of Oily excellent showing.

Norm's F1 SupaAberdeen in the Professional League: Current status - 64th ~ 1427pts

NEXT RACE > BRAZILIAN GP @ INTERLAGOS > NOVEMBER 7

Attachments

• F1SL Korea Short Table.png
    F1SL Korea Short Table.png
    100 KB · Views: 89
  • F1SL Korea Full Table.png
    F1SL Korea Full Table.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 20
  • F1SL Korea Graph.png
    F1SL Korea Graph.png
    286.1 KB · Views: 20

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Great result for me but I'm can't see myself making up any more ground on the others

Status
Not open for further replies.