80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Zorba said:
Do you know what the frequency is ?

Yes indeed!

11428 H 27500 2/3 is the Freesat "Default" TP.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Oh dear, it doesn't work here on my 3m. I think my customers' Grundig must be faulty. One customer brought over 3 Goodmans for his house but I could not make those work either. No manual tuning/over ride. The Humax have very good tuners,as good as the Pace 2600.

Pyrgos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 metre dish, Acer pc with broadband
My Location
Cyprus
Many thanks Tivu, I will do a factory reset and try again to enter a valid postcode.

I have been informed by Humax support that My postcode would not work as my dish is slightly out. I have very good reception from my 3m dish so I do not think this is the case?

Zorba: I share my quad lnb so only have use of two cables.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I think Humax may be right - I refer to to my earlier Post about not necessarily being able to get Astra 2 and Eurobird well enough at the same time owing to the narrow beamwidth of your essentially large dish being potentially unable to cope with the 0.3 degree difference in Azimuth between 28.2E and 28.5E.

Your "very good reception" will be from 28.2E, which probably snookers you for Freesat EPG etc as it comes from Eurobird.

In UK, these birds are effectively co-located, especially as the commonly used "Sky" dishes have a wide beamwidth to accommodate the difference in Azimuth between Astra 2 and Eurobird.

In fringe areas, as you are finding out, the technicalities become important and apparently trivial differences can become overriding.

Pyrgos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
Very many thanks again Tivu,

If I use a friends very large dish to get my postcode accepted and tune in the Freesat channels. Will this still work and continue to get the Freesat EPG when I plug it back into my 3m dish?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, sadly, as the EPG data is not just populated, but refreshed, via the Default Transponder on Eurobird. Indeed, every function required for Freesat operation comes from that dratted TP.

But you might, just might be able to compromise by shifting the dish a tiny, tiny bit east .......... but it isn't something to try lightly as you may well lose Astra 2D in the process!

So it would seem that your Freesat box is really only ever going to work as a generic FTA Receiver (ie non-Freesat mode) in your situation - That effectively denies you ITV HD on that box as it cannot see it in non-Freesat mode owing to it not being a "proper" Channel. BBC HD should be ok, though.

Can I ask .............. do you get any of the Eurobird Channels at all?

See between 11222 and 11428 MHz(Eurobird Fixed Beam) and between 11469 and 11681 MHz (Eurobird Steerable Beam) here:

_http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

Pyrgos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
I have searched 11469 to 11681mhz (Eurobird 1 (steerable) and found all the channels. I hope this is where the EPG comes from?

But no channels on 11222 to 11428 Eurobird 1 (fixed)

Many thanks again Tivu

Brian

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Pyrgos said:
I have searched 11469 to 11681mhz (Eurobird 1 (steerable) and found all the channels. I hope this is where the EPG comes from?

But no channels on 11222 to 11428 Eurobird 1 (fixed)

Many thanks again Tivu

Brian

See Post 21 ................ EPG etc come from 11428 MHz, so that explains your problem.

Not sure how you can improve reception of Eurobird Fixed Beam without degrading eg Astra 2D.

Sorry.

borderman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3M dish.
Panasonic TH-42PZ81B
Humax Foxsat HDR
Panasonic TX-L32C20E
HumaxFoxsat HD
Vu+ Solo
My Location
Paphos District Cyprus
Finally went live in May, am not able to receive all channels advertised in the EPG but got all of the ones I wanted; that is until about 2 weeks ago when a number of BBC channels, including the default region for my former UK postcode (BBC Wales) disappeared. They are on the EPG but without any programme details. This is not a particular problem except that BBC4 also disappeared and that is a loss. As far as I know nothing has disturbed my 3M dish. Any suggestions as to why this might be?

Also the EPG is sometimes complete, others it only gives the next couple of hours but I think the answer to this may be in other posts below.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There were several BBC channels changed transponder. You need to do a rescan if it hasnt picked the changes up automagically

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
We have lost BBC 1&2 Wales and N.Ireland, BBC four is now weaker than BBC three ,but we have gained some BBC 1 regions (west,east and channel islands) and a weak n.west,yorkshire and east.
What size is your dish and where in Cyprus are you ?

borderman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3M dish.
Panasonic TH-42PZ81B
Humax Foxsat HDR
Panasonic TX-L32C20E
HumaxFoxsat HD
Vu+ Solo
My Location
Paphos District Cyprus
Thanks for the comment, we have lost BBC Wales and NI 1 and 2, BBC4 and Cbeebies. We have not gained any of the ones that you mention. I am in Paphos district about 390m above sea level with a 3 m dish.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Yes, but have you done a rescan of channels? Unless you're using a branded Freesat receiver, which will autoscan, this is an absolute necessity.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
@Borderman. When you do your rescan ,can you let me know if you can pick up ITV Mer N,or any other ITV on 12.402 V 27500 2/3 .
As far as I know its free to view not free to air but someone told me it works on a Philips Freesat receiver.

borderman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3M dish.
Panasonic TH-42PZ81B
Humax Foxsat HDR
Panasonic TX-L32C20E
HumaxFoxsat HD
Vu+ Solo
My Location
Paphos District Cyprus
PaulR said:
Yes, but have you done a rescan of channels? Unless you're using a branded Freesat receiver, which will autoscan, this is an absolute necessity.

My receiver is a Humax Foxsat HDR, which as far as I understand rescans every night, at around 0300 GMT. Every morning it presents the results but, did not tell me that it had lost certain channels. Being essentially non technical on this subject I am a bit reluctant to try a manual rescan in case I lose what I have got!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Zorba said:
@Borderman. When you do your rescan ,can you let me know if you can pick up ITV Mer N,or any other ITV on 12.402 V 27500 2/3 .
As far as I know its free to view not free to air but someone told me it works on a Philips Freesat receiver.

All ITV channels on 12402V are encrypted to ftv level.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Correct. That somebody got their ITVs mixed up. ITV Meridian E and S are FTA on 2D. Mer SE and N are encrypted on 12.402. I did a manual scan on a Grundig Freesat box today,I used the customers post code and it put ITV Meridian only,but this is one of the weakest in Cyprus and will break up in the evening. But to find the FTA West and West Country I had to do a Non Freesat search.

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
With my Humax Foxsat HD box I just "invent" reasonable sounding postcodes to change BBC1/2 regions to the strongest frequencies for my location in NW Spain, just above Portugal. The recent changes have led me to change from PE2 2AC to CF1 1AB. This is because BBC1 East(West) is no longer so powerful, but BBC2 Wales is great. Astra 2D vertical transponders are better than the horizontals in this area at least. For ITV1 I use HD Central or Granada.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
borderman said:
My receiver is a Humax Foxsat HDR, which as far as I understand rescans every night, at around 0300 GMT. Every morning it presents the results but, did not tell me that it had lost certain channels. Being essentially non technical on this subject I am a bit reluctant to try a manual rescan in case I lose what I have got!
You may have to bite the bullet and rescan regardless.

Before that check on the various regions of BBC1 and 2 up in the 950s, specifically west (965),east (953 or 954) and channel islands (951). If those aren't better I don't really see that rescanning would do any good.

borderman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3M dish.
Panasonic TH-42PZ81B
Humax Foxsat HDR
Panasonic TX-L32C20E
HumaxFoxsat HD
Vu+ Solo
My Location
Paphos District Cyprus
PaulR said:
You may have to bite the bullet and rescan regardless.

Before that check on the various regions of BBC1 and 2 up in the 950s, specifically west (965),east (953 or 954) and channel islands (951). If those aren't better I don't really see that rescanning would do any good.

Thanks for trying to help. We can only receive 950 (London) 960 (Scotland) 968 (BBC2 England) and 970 (BBC2 Scotland) also I forgot to note that we cannot get BBCHD.
952 (E Mids) 953 (East E) 956 (NE &C) 958 (Oxford) 961 (S) 962 (SW) 963 (WM) AND 967 (EYL) all appear on the EPG with full programme details but cannot be viewed.