GOT BBC BACK in fringe area

danirey

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Canary Islands
For jno:-
After you have done the default transponder and cancelled the new installation, try downloading from 11798H, SR 27500, FEC 2/3 as the Scottish BBC One is ther.

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
when i press new install. i get f yr info ensure dish is aligned etc. but if i press select to continue i get the usual good signal and the trans. has gone back to 11778 .... i have just done it twice all thru and even though when i check the trs. after storing the beed channels and it shows the new trs. i still have no signal on the beeb and the normal sky ones are ok so it seems as if it goes back to 11778 even tho it doesnt show it.

to rpt... i am doing 0 1def. trs. 10773 with new settings and 'save' backup check trs. and its still 107732 ok
new instl.......... 'select' sig strength aprox 70 quality 85...but if i go back to trs. it still shows new settings. however i go on to add channels and put in 11720 etc.
comes up with all beeb channels, store, select... back to trs. 11778 AGAIN!!! what am i doing wrong anyone please? many thanks for all help!

tenerife tim

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
try unplugging ur box after resetting normal default transponder..wait 30 secs turn on .services . 4..4..11720 h.tick channels.select.selct back up.back up.6 and select

Dan Dan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28 1m
My Location
tenerife
how long has the default trans been 10.77etc instead of 11.778,
cos as far as i know when plug is pulled default to 11.778

danirey

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Canary Islands
10773 is used as default transponder (one can use any which definitely does not reach your dish) as it is on 2D and will not reach a dish up to 1.2m. as used by most users in the south who rely on the BBC. The idea is to avoid interference when you download on to Add Channels from 11720 where the BBC is broadcasting (at the moment) as well as on 2D.
The normal default transponder is 11778 which is on the north beam, while most users in the south with small dishes rely on 11720.

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
danairey and other guys who have helped me here, I love you all - I got back BBC 1 Scotland - albeit a temporary measure I know but thanks guys.

The box seems dead except for "other channels" but I have all these on a second box now. Many thanks to all that have helped here.

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
OK mayflower I'll give it a shot . Firstly DON'T do a New Instalation .

The object of this game is too screw (in a technical sense) the digibox up .

Follow these instructions exactly .

Services , 4 , 0 , 1 & Enter . Go to Default Transponder and change it to 10.773H . Scroll down and SAVE .
Now disconnect the mains plug . Leave it for 10 seconds and reconnect . Wait another 5 seconds and then switch the box on . Don't hang around ! . Go straight to Services , 4 , 4 and scan 11.720H (or 11.798H for BBC Scotland channels) .
Once the channels appear then Add them using the yellow button and Select to store them . Now push Services again and 6 (Other Channels) , scroll to the channel you want and push select . Let me know how you get on .

Paul

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin, Germany
I have been trying this since Sunday - has anyone in France/Germany got this to work or is it just people in Spain etc who cant get the Astra 2 A signal??

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
This will work anywhere as long as you're in the 2A southbeam footprint . Once the digibox is "lost" i.e the "No Signal" message
is received on ALL channels then you'll be able to Add these channels manually . As long as the box CAN'T receive anthing from the default transponder then it'll work .
Paul

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
not in Spain, France or Germany I am in Austria and I got it working

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by pmcmill
OK mayflower I'll give it a shot . Firstly DON'T do a New Instalation .

The object of this game is too screw (in a technical sense) the digibox up .

Services , 4 , 0 , 1 & Enter . Go to Default Transponder and change it to 10.773H . Scroll down and SAVE .
Now disconnect the mains plug . Leave it for 10 seconds and reconnect . Wait another 5 seconds and then switch the box on . Don't hang around ! . Go straight to Services , 4 , 4 and scan 10.720H (Should be 11.720 H I believe)
(or 10.798H for BBC Scotland channels) .
Once the channels appear then Add them using the yellow button and Select to store them . Now push Services again and 6 (Other Channels) , scroll to the channel you want and push select . Let me know how you get on .

Paul

THANK-YOU!!! :) :) :)
It works - a typo on the recievable astra transponder frequency but it works!
I'm off to make a doantion to this site - top stuff!
Thanks again
Mike

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
@mayflower,

Forget about the Default Transponder . Well don't forget about it , just don't look at it . What happens when you get to ..

Now disconnect the mains plug . Leave it for 10 seconds and reconnect . Wait another 5 seconds and then switch the box on . Don't hang around ! . Go straight to Services , 4 , 4 and scan 11.720H (or 11.798H for BBC Scotland channels) .
Once the channels appear then Add them using the yellow button and Select to store them . Now push Services again and 6 (Other Channels) , scroll to the channel you want and push select .

... Here ?? What do you get on the screen ??

Sorry , thanks Mike there WAS a typo it's 11720H & 11798H !!

Paul

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
And I've just found an even easier way without switching the box off .

Services , 4 , 0 , 1 Enter . Change Default Transponder to 10.773H and SAVE . Now go to Services , 4 (Add Channels) . The Frequency should by default now be 10.773H . Do a scan on this frequency and you should get the "No Signal" message . Now push the "Sky" button and you should now be looking at a blue screen . Then it's off to Services , 4 , 4 and scan 11.720H (or 11.798H for BBC Scotland channels) .
Once the channels appear then Add them using the yellow button and Select to store them . Now push Services again and 6 (Other Channels) , scroll to the channel you want and push select .

Paul

Dougpol

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What happens if in desperation one did a new installation?

Goodnight Vienna I suppose? Or should I say, goodnite Beeb?

Dougpol

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Brilliant work guys, viewing now. Us Brits are unique.....any other nation would have said I'm alright Jack, I have the knowledge, and not spread the word.... ( if you guys were American you would have said " contact this warez site, fill in these details, credit card number pleze, your account will not be debited hehe.....

Anybody out Katowice, Poland way, come on down!

Let's just hope we can keep our Beeb by sticking bigger ears on our roofs!

Cheers and ta a bundle!

JD

lynbevington

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
vienna
Success in Vienna.

I followed the instructions from Paul below and it works. Now got BBC 1 to 4. No regionals or radio or am I being too greedy. However, using this procedure means I can only now receive the channels under the OTHER CHANNELS category. Fortunately I am running two boxes off a twin LNB so I can keep one set for BBC, presumably up until mid July

Now disconnect the mains plug . Leave it for 10 seconds and reconnect . Wait another 5 seconds and then switch the box on . Don't hang around ! . Go straight to Services , 4 , 4 and scan 10.720H (Should be 11.720 H I believe)
(or 10.798H for BBC Scotland channels) .

lynbevington

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tried last night but had the same problems as some of the postings here regarding the digi box always going back to the default transponders but i shal try pcmill's suggestions tonight (just in time for the switch off!!!)

maybe it might be an idea for us to report on the type of box we are using, software and epg version as this may have an impact on whether other people can get it to work!!

for what it is worth i am using a panny 30 with latest operating and epg software together with a new viewing card