Is there CAM to get skytv on DVB-S tuner card?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Are you saying that your current blue card works to get subscription channels including HD? I wouldn't have thought so!

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Enquiring about setup using multiple satelitte a dvb-t tuners
My Location
london
to be fair, i dont mind using my skybox its just that im trying to make text transcripts from the subtitles taken from the .ts streams of the recordings. I can get the subtitles into a text file from any of the sly channels as they seem to come on a different unencryptded signal, but they are no use without access to the original video. I need the .ts file to get the subtitle files and alas i cant get that from a skybox, which is why im so bleeding desperate to get it to work.

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
PaulR said:
Are you saying that your current blue card works to get subscription channels including HD? I wouldn't have thought so!

yes it works. but it works without the card also, maybe you got a point. how can i test it? wouldnt sky have sent me a card by now if that were the case though? seems pretty slack.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
daveyboyc said:
yes it works. but it works without the card also, maybe you got a point. how can i test it? wouldnt sky have sent me a card by now if that were the case though? seems pretty slack.
Yes, absolutely. I think this is the crux of your problem to be honest - you need your paid for, replacement white card.

Surely you must have seen that you weren't getting the subscription channels when the blue card was in the $lybox? How long has it been likethat? Maybe you can blag a few months extended subscription out of $ly if you complain loud enough.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Llew said:
If it's a Sky HD card, it'll be a blue one.

Well, one learns something each day!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wow, ditto. I'm amazed about that - I wouldn't have thought the card's internal chip would support the new measures that $ly are now implementing

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
PaulR said:
Yes, absolutely. I think this is the crux of your problem to be honest - you need your paid for, replacement white card.

Surely you must have seen that you weren't getting the subscription channels when the blue card was in the $lybox? How long has it been likethat? Maybe you can blag a few months extended subscription out of $ly if you complain loud enough.

The thing is, i am actually receiving ALL the channels in my subcription. But this is the case with the card in the box or not, the card had been out of the box for a good few days now and ive had no problem wathcing the golf.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
daveyboyc said:
The thing is, i am actually receiving ALL the channels in my subcription. But this is the case with the card in the box or not, the card had been out of the box for a good few days now and ive had no problem wathcing the golf.

Well it certainly won't work with NDSCam if, strangely, your Sky box opens subscribed channels with or without the card. You definitely need the new card for NDSCam.

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
ROFL, just called sky and the y told me the same thing and that nothing should work without the card. Then they drew my attention to the to the little door and compartment at the front of the box (which contained the white card!!) so the blue card was just useless the whole time!! Wish id known that earlier... :O

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sorry, but I can't help chuckling over this! :-lmao

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
ok ok, how was i supposed to know that there was a secret compartment which contained the "real" card? pretty comical!

thanks for all the help, its working on some of the channels now although i havent got the sports stuff working. can it? or is that setting my hopes to high?

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
Everything seems to be working really well apart from some premium stuff i.e sly sports. Im guessing these have a highter level of encryption? ive tried entering my boxid number as suggested earlier but it wont let me and just says "NDSCAM disabled". It is a different id number to the one previous on the other card (or so the monitor says) but ive tried both and it only works when i set it to 0. Both sets of numbers contain 10 digits. How should it be entered correctly?

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
Is there anywayto record 2 channels simultaneously using ndscam that anyone knows of? For example, could it be set to always just decrypt 1 channel, even if you are watching another one? or if not is there a way to decrypt a recording?

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
ok i think Offline Descrambler might be the solution i need. Everytime i use it though with NDScam and SoftCSA it outputs 0 bytes. Does nayone have expereince with this porgram and got it to descramble a .ts file?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I don't have a card but, thinking about it logically, I think you wouldn't be able to record two channels at once if there's only one tuner on the card. There might be a slight getaround if the two channels are on the same transponder but you'd have to check the software on that.

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
PaulR said:
I don't have a card but, thinking about it logically, I think you wouldn't be able to record two channels at once if there's only one tuner on the card. There might be a slight getaround if the two channels are on the same transponder but you'd have to check the software on that.

I have more than 1 tuner in my system. Plus i can record multiple channels on the same transponder. The problem is when im using NDScam and a channel is being descrambled and recorded, if i then change channel the recording becomes scrambled from that point on.

Ive been reading that a channel can be descrambled after its been recorded using "offline descrambler" but i havent been able to get it to work.

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I would suspect that you're now trying to do things that no-one else here has done before.

daveyboyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
PaulR said:
I would suspect that you're now trying to do things that no-one else here has done before.

Well, ive downloaded "offline descrambler" and have read other posts where people have got it to work and if ndscam works on dvbviewer why shouldnt this?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You're in the driving seat, then!

If you get it to work, a shiny new Thread with the instructions would be of help to others ..................