My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Ooops... west indeed.

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
Tivù said:
Fair enough if you're happy driving it. Once you've found 13E or 19E, use the "Network On" option as this will find a fair few more TPs for you and reduce the amount of manual editing needed.

Zero skew should be ok for acquisition, but a better compromise position would be for you to turn it to one or two o'clock as seen looking from LNB towards dish. ie F connector will be at seven or eight o'clock

KingofSat is fine.

I'll give it a go in the morning, currently making use of Pick TV while it's currently FTA and watching Nothing To Declare.

Roland

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
I've given up with the piece of c**p dish as no matter what I did to get 19e it wouldn't lock on to anything.

Roland

hdp160

Reaction score
What do think is the weak link? the dish, the LNB, connectors/cable or the receiver.
BTW which receiver are you using?

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
hdp160 said:
What do think is the weak link? the dish, the LNB, connectors/cable or the receiver.
BTW which receiver are you using?

I'm using a Foxsat-HD, which picks up both 28e & 19e ok when using the Mini Dish, but once I add the portable dish I can only get 28e from the fixed dish. The Konig LNB & the supplied cable are fine as when I hold the LNB infront of the Mini Dish I can get 19e, so it's git to be the dish as with all the different positions I've had the dish I would have thought that it would have locked onto a signal.

According to the seller it's alignment that's at fault as the Dish, Cable & LNB apparently can't fail.

I think the shape of the dish has got something to do with it, I've never seen a Dish that is taller than it is wide before, so maybe the weird shape that Konig have gone with is making it impossible to get perfect alignment of the Dish.

Roland

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The taller shape of the camping dish is the standard shape, most non Sky dishes are taller than they are wide.

I use one of these small dishes as a test dish, but the signal to noise ratio is always poor, even on relatively strong satellites.

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
rolfw said:
The taller shape of the camping dish is the standard shape, most non Sky dishes are taller than they are wide.

I use one of these small dishes as a test dish, but the signal to noise ratio is always poor, even on relatively strong satellites.

Most none sky dishes do at least look circular, the Konig one looks like a sky dish has been stood on its side, I've seen camping dishes that are circular.

I'm wondering if there is a way that I could attach the feed arm from the Konig dish to the sky dish and use it as a crude multi LNB arm for 19e as the LNB & cable are fine.

Roland

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Rolandh said:
Most none sky dishes do at least look circular, the Konig one looks like a sky dish has been stood on its side, I've seen camping dishes that are circular.

The majority of standard offset dishes (non sky minidishes) are taller than they are wide, it is the standard shape and accounts for the way the dish is illuminated from an offset LNB and is not a reason for bad performance.

You could use the arm and holder for a second satellite, but reception won't be great on a 45cm dish.

hdp160

Reaction score
Personally I would pick up a dirt cheap sky minidish from ebay (look for a local seller) and use that.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Rolandh said:
I'm using a Foxsat-HD, which picks up both 28e & 19e ok when using the Mini Dish, but once I add the portable dish I can only get 28e from the fixed dish. The Konig LNB & the supplied cable are fine as when I hold the LNB infront of the Mini Dish I can get 19e, so it's git to be the dish as with all the different positions I've had the dish I would have thought that it would have locked onto a signal.

According to the seller it's alignment that's at fault as the Dish, Cable & LNB apparently can't fail.

I think the shape of the dish has got something to do with it, I've never seen a Dish that is taller than it is wide before, so maybe the weird shape that Konig have gone with is making it impossible to get perfect alignment of the Dish.

Roland

If you can get 28E with the portable dish, lnb and cabling then that proves there is absolutely nothing wrong with the dish, lnb or cable. The problem can only be one of three things
1 Your alignment which has to be within a degree or two - note also that the lnb needs to be more upright (less skew) than for 28 E (the smaller dish size would make this more critical)
2 Line of sight problem with the satellite - something in the way
3 The dish is too small for your location - unlikely as you can receive 28 E which has similar signal strength and you can receive 19E off focus on a Sky minidish.

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
davemurgtroyd said:
If you can get 28E with the portable dish, lnb and cabling then that proves there is absolutely nothing wrong with the dish, lnb or cable. The problem can only be one of three things
1 Your alignment which has to be within a degree or two - note also that the lnb needs to be more upright (less skew) than for 28 E (the smaller dish size would make this more critical)
2 Line of sight problem with the satellite - something in the way
3 The dish is too small for your location - unlikely as you can receive 28 E which has similar signal strength and you can receive 19E off focus on a Sky minidish.

It turned out that the signal for 28e was coming from the Mini Dish, I'd forgotten to switch the Cable from LNB 2 to LNB 1 on the switch, once I did this there was no signal from 28e, the LNB and cable is fine as holding it infront of the Mini Dish I was able to get 19e fine.

Anything Dish related is on hold atm as we're Installing Laminate flooring in Livingroom and Diningroom on Saturday, so there is no access onto balcony until after it has been Installed.

Roland