Derbyshire

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
B sky B package on squarial
My Location
Derbyshire
Thanks for everyone's help getting me started on everything I've needed over the last week. One week on and I'm now up and (walking) with my vu+ solo. I've even managed to "tinker" a little.
I am struggling still with a few aspects but hopefully I won't be so needy with the basics.
I would like still to get it up and running as a network player for my files stored elsewhere and a single decent quality EPG would be ace, it seems over complicated with "tv" button, multiple epg's and the "epg" button. I'd love to be able to simplify the who process similar to how it works on a s+ box.

Thanks again for everyone's help :)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Discoseeker said:
...I am struggling still with a few aspects but hopefully I won't be so needy with the basics.
I would like still to get it up and running as a network player for my files stored elsewhere and a single decent quality EPG would be ace, it seems over complicated with "tv" button, multiple epg's and the "epg" button. I'd love to be able to simplify the who process similar to how it works on a s+ box.

Thanks again for everyone's help :)

I did have my Solo running files from my laptop via the wireless network but found it a bit jerky at times. There was no problem playing MP3's or JPEG's though. I now use a USB stick plugged directly into the front panel to play any files I want.

I don't bother with anything other than the EPG you can access via a single press of the red button on the remote. It can show seven days and allows me to 'reserve' a program to 'zap' to that far ahead.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Before you do anything else go into "image manger" and make a backup image. This will create an image that is identical to what you currently have set up (softcam and all) and if you muck things up you can revert to the working version. Also go into "back-up manager" and make a back-up of your settings.

If you want to read from other devices on your network (like a NAS or PC) go into "mount manager", select the device, mount it, then restart. From then on the device should be available just like a local hard drive. And if you want it to work properly forget having any WiFi link-up in the network chain between the two.

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Huevos, I'm currently doing as you suggest and making a backup. I am considering a new start with the image and going through the basics do get as clean an installation as possible. I'm having lots of crashes and recording is glitchy. Also having no success whatsoever setting up the unit to stream from my pc. I'm hoping to be able to start with a clean image, get a decent, simply 6 day epg, easy channel list, cccam for my card etc.
1. Load image?
2. Either scan or download bouquet ?
3. Setup HDD?
4. Load Cccam and config?
5. (this is where I'm stuck) which epg?
6. (network plugin/setup to be able to either have shared drive on pc or shared folders to watch movies) I did try as you suggested but the solo didn't "see" any other mounts apart from my USB hdd)

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Wired network btw, work seamlessly with ps3 and tversity

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Sorry, 7 day epg.
"imagemanager Error: timeout elapsed, sorry"
Im suspecting it's trying to backup to internal storage, (?)

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
What media does the receiver have attached? Have you got a hard drive?

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Image manager gets stuck at " 40/100 "

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Discoseeker said:
Image manager gets stuck at " 40/100 "
Probably because you don't have any media attached to write to.

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Ok. This time image saved successfully :)

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Yep i have 400gb hdd but maybe it wasn't mounted? Had been recording onto it though. Oh well, worked now. Cheers for all the quick responses.

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Ok, I'm struggling with something. I've reverted to a BH image, simply because I want to test drive it again to get a better opinion now I've been using vix, I backed up vix but it's been crashing and refusing to turn on. Hence a quick trip back to blackhole. Ok, here's my problem, in vix I could download already prepared bouquets, dead simple. In blackhole I can't seem to find the option in the settings. I've not done a scan yet as I didn't need to with vix.
Where am I going wrong?
tganks in advance

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Discoseeker said:
Ok, I'm struggling with something. I've reverted to a BH image, simply because I want to test drive it again to get a better opinion now I've been using vix, I backed up vix but it's been crashing and refusing to turn on. Hence a quick trip back to blackhole. Ok, here's my problem, in vix I could download already prepared bouquets, dead simple. In blackhole I can't seem to find the option in the settings. I've not done a scan yet as I didn't need to with vix.
Where am I going wrong?
tganks in advance

Press Green Button -> Yellow Button -> Addons download manager press OK -> scroll down to 'Settings' press OK and you are greeted with the settings list from the likes of Catseye, C@JTON, Vhannibal etc...

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Also I can't seem to find how to access the cccam plugin I've installed. Where are the settings for it?

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Discoseeker said:
Also I can't seem to find how to access the cccam plugin I've installed. Where are the settings for it?

Did you install a BH softcam as its a bit like Vix it will only accept offcial made BH softcams

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
digi247 said:
Press Green Button -> Yellow Button -> Addons download manager press OK -> scroll down to 'Settings' press OK and you are greeted with the settings list from the likes of Catseye, C@JTON, Vhannibal etc...
Thanks digi. Can you suggest which one is need for 28e ?

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Digi, I installed the softcam I'd installed in vix, is that where I went wrong?
Any pointers as to where I can download the BH softcam? (and is it still cccam?)

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
I cant see a specific 28.2° east one the nearest to it is C@JTON 3 sats that has 13° + 19.2° + 28.2° you could download that and just delete the 13 and 19 from the box

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Discoseeker said:
Digi, I installed the softcam I'd installed in vix, is that where I went wrong?
Any pointers as to where I can download the BH softcam? (and is it still cccam?)

Thats why it does not work the Xix cams have been specifically done just for there image its the same with blackhole you have to use there softcams