newbie of newbies

sraheens

Reaction score
there a db knob on the sat finder when i turn it up to the last i get a loud noise and its readin 2, do i have to get this reading a 0 to have found a sat, i have the disque mounted but i just at the moment want to get and channels, so is it when i get the finder at 0 i should start to scan

sraheens

Reaction score
oh does it matter how long the cable is to the receiver from the dish??

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
sraheens said:
oh does it matter how long the cable is to the receiver from the dish??

How long is how long?????20mts

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
sraheens said:
40m maybe in and around that
Havent any problems with 25mts mabe rolfw could let you know on this one.

sraheens

Reaction score
its 28m in total the disque moved when i connected it for the first time is that ok it hasnt moved since its a rotosatthe manual is in friggin german any takers on that 1 ,
my reciever isnt picking up the dish there a flashin sign dish with an x mark threw it so its not getting it ,but i have the sat finder the lights on it so and its buzzing oh about the buzzing do i turn up the knob to the last or how does it work well its reading 4db is that good!!!! i hope it friggin is or i will crack up with this disque crack my god its not easy lads but thanks for all the help again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The satfinder type meter will only advise you of a change in signal strength, the little knob is used to attennuate the signal for better peaking. So you s-l-o-w-l-y move the dish until the satfinder increases in tone, find the position where it gives the highest tone and nip up the bolts on the dish, then check on the receiver by scanning on a known good frequency, repeat until you hit the required satellite.

PS. 28m of cable should be fine, providing it is good quality satellite cable.

sraheens

Reaction score
you know the DISEqC 1.2 well i have seemed to have broken the 2 plastic pins the ones for moving it from east west does it matter that these have been broken i have a sat finder and i think that adjusts back to the diseqs to zero,how do you get say 19e do i set the dish a east and then push it up horziontal to get 19*

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, what is your longitude? You should be trying to find your due South reference point, not using the motor controls..

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
its a rotosatthe manual is in friggin german any takers on that 1

If you mean the STAB rotorsat, you can download an English version from here -

_www.stab-italia.com/inglese/rotorsat_eng/rotorsat_eng_hh120.html

Llew

sraheens

Reaction score
9° 57' 5W longitude so to where i should be heading east 19, if i find on sat can i work the disque of the reciver to get the other sats so if i want say hotbird 13e the diseqc will get me what ever in an easterly region????

sraheens

Reaction score
well i got my elevation 24.8 and 152.5for hotbird but i am stuck (no shock)

well am i gettin 30.0 on my sat finder what does that need to go to
other than that i think i will crack up cause i never thought that this would be as bad but it is

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Get someone in to do it for you. Money well spent.

sraheens

Reaction score
it all about a challange isnt i guess when u get tired you get the neightbour in !!!!!!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well, for some people I guess. As long as you enjoy the challenge! :)

sraheens

Reaction score
lads I got it going(at long fecking last) I have got euro bird and astra1, I have got say a lot of channels but I seem to get on the channels I want (nds video guard) mediaguard beta crypt crypto works do i need a card of some sort or do i need a cam to fix this problem

i have just set up my dish without the rotosat well i thought get one think going first so now i want to know if i was to set my roto sat on the eurobird degrees sat can i work the rest from there then.
other than that i am delighted i mangned it hopefully i will get nearer to having a lot of channels
thanks lads

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hello - I still don't think you said which reciever you ended up with and whether it has a CAM slot or not there.

If you are looking to decode the $ky package on 28.2 then it's a lost cause I'm afraid as Videoguard cams are not available. The Slovak and Czec packages are available with a Cryptoworks cam and a subscription on 28.2 (assuming you speak either of these).

As for setting up your dish there is a good tutorial by T24 called 'setup the dish'

On here

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5471

Hava a fun day and hope the weather holds up for ya.:)

L.

sraheens

Reaction score
its a KAON KSC570H Digital Receiver 2xCI+HDD prepared,what about scrambled channels see i am in ireland and i cant even get my own fta channels so i am a bit confused at the moment,when was channel4 and itv going to fta i thought it was sometime this year or is it going always to say that well i dont know lads, what about mediaguard is that sky too and betacrypt???thanks again

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
sraheens said:
i seen e4 has gone free view is that fta or still ftv
Pull out yer card and find out
be sure to let us all know!!