"No satellite signal being received"

darin73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have 2.1meter dish with 2in1 head for www & tv, Sky UK sat box (think its amstrad), computer is gateway laptop w/ XP
My Location
Tver, Russia
hello, Tivu and Analoguesat..big thanx for the reply..my sky + box is manufactured by thomson..
i gather that the missing channels is correlated to missing "beams" ..like astra 2d & 2a, and 2b..soo is there anyway i can get them in this neck of the woods?(russia)

i read here somewhere about a special LNB to "squeeze a little more band with from my 2m dish" ??

yesterday it happened again..scottish premier league and NFL all on sky sports 404! =(..next week is old firm game!!

big cpacebo again,
cheers, darin

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
To get Astra 2D you need an even bigger dish! Difficult to say exactly what size without very local knowledge indeed.

A "better" LNB may help you for marginal Channels, but even then there are no guarantees.

The basic rule is still to optimise what you've got and if it isn't good enough, increase the dish size.

Mark_RW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD thomson
My Location
Leeds
deleted said:
try a software bakcup, switch off power to the box hold down the backup button whilst powering the box up , wait for all the lights to come on,your screen will show a message , done .

It's excellent advice! I didn't believe it could work but YES, it did. I'd tried everything: power off, turn off/on lnb, turn off/on 22khz, I checked cables and LNB with other, non sky receiver (worked fine!) so I was sure that the problem is in the skybox (thomson). I was almost sure that it was hardware problem, but just before making a call to sky I found this solution. Many thanks.